Ghost

Ghost Missions

As of right now most of the issues are with the igiload script and lifter after the patch which are now in the mission. So i basically have to wait for those to be updated or BIS to fix there game again. Some other hiccups as usual but everything seems to work most of the time other than the mentioned. Still have random tasks being destroyed on spawn occasionally and not sure what is causing that. Also had the random helicopter exploding bug happen a couple times to people so not sure what to do....

Hi Ghost been a while,

Question,

I had updated VAS in a version of enemy assault I have to the latest version which is now v2.6, and now apon loading

the mission in mp (i am hosting) i get this error message:

script VAS\functions\fn_onrespawn.sqf not found

So i checked the files and the script is there.

I get the mission loaded and wait til the tasks have finished and go to the VAS ammobox and i get this message at the top right of the screen:

VAS never initialized

This means cfgfunctions.hpp was never called
via description.ext 

So this is what is not making sense the VAS folder is in the INS_revive folder, I havent changed anything, other then updated VAS to the

new version now im getting errors, what do i need to do to fix this?

I tried using older version of VAS I was using before but now im getting the same errors with them.

New version will have VAS 2.6 and should be released soon. VAS as a separate download is setup to be in the mission dir and not in the ins_revive dir. You have to change a couple of file paths.

I hope you don't mind I modified your newest version that requires Rav lifter, I removed Rav lifter Dependency so vanilla people can run it and I tinkered with the Veh spawners making them spawn both AAF and NATO vehicles.

These changes are just for the version we run on our public server, I won't redistributing them publicly or anything.

New version will have VAS 2.6 and should be released soon. VAS as a separate download is setup to be in the mission dir and not in the ins_revive dir. You have to change a couple of file paths

Ah! ok, great news, figured there was something with VAS and the paths, as before i had updated I had no issues, mission was/is still playable but without

VAS in there for your loadout and uniform it made the mission more vanilla.

Thanks for the new version will check it out!

Added Raven's Lifter module for slingload and fast roping

Was thinking that you should make this a parameter in the description like you did for the f18 in your previous version 2.4 of Enemy Assault this

way if players are interested in it then they will need the lifter rather then be "forced" to use it.

@Gunter-

I try not to require any mods in my mission but Raven Lifter is pretty damn good overall and adds a lot of capability to the game. Whenever BI releases its version of slingload and maybe fast rope I will remove it again. I had a pretty good version of a script only slingload but raven does it a tad bit better. I am also sorry for not updating any other missions as it has become to difficult to just update the one. Our group only plays on Altis so any update I did to the stratis was not tested other than a quick preview to check for errors. That is why I am just focusing on Altis Enemy Assault. If I get more free time and will power I might update the others but I think everyone will be pleased with Altis only.

@Penguin-

As long as you dont release my mission modified and say it is your own I dont mind. I do not expect every person to play with the same setup as our group. I made the mission for the group I play with and take input mainly from them. I have seen what others have done or suggested and might put similar in it just depends.

Np Ghost.

Porting Enemy Assault isn't that hard, its an easy copy n paste, and just moving things around accordingly, but I had ported your 2.4 version to Takistan, Namalsk, Fallujah.

Also added the Irregulars as a choose able faction to fight against, added some fighter planes, added a alternate respawn point, and many other things, but I just

do it for my own game, will be doing it for your latest version here now that VAS is working again like it should.

VAS as a separate download is setup to be in the mission dir and not in the ins_revive dir. You have to change a couple of file paths

Hey Ghost can you specify what paths need to be changed to utilize the new VAS update?, as i had put alot of work into the mission I have and want to have it as

another mission to play alongside your new version.

Hey Ghost can you specify what paths need to be changed to utilize the new VAS update?, as i had put alot of work into the mission I have and want to have it as

another mission to play alongside your new version.

fn_mainInit.sqf has two lines and cfgfunctions.hpp has a line that need INS_revive\ added to them.

I'm doing something wrong, heres what I did:

1. deleted the old VAS folder, and replaced it with the latest version 2.6

2. added INS_revive to fn_mainInit.sqf located here-->[GHST]Enemy_Assault2.Altis\INS_revive\VAS\functions

3. added the INS_revive to cfgfunctions.hpp here--> [GHST]Enemy_Assault2.Altis\INS_revive

so it reads:

//// Virtual Ammobox System script - Start ////
#include "INS_revive\VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
//// Virtual Ammobox System script - End   ////

with these 2 changes I get this when I start the mission:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=281779118

Im hosting the mission on my computer for myself to play btw, normally when I host and start this mission, the parameters box will show at the top right, now its not there

the AI in red now show listed when before they were disabled, once ingame, the tasks do not start, and when I try VAS I get the error at the top right of the screen saying something didn't initialize.

Am I missing a code somewhere Im supposed to add?

Also theres a script titled description.hpp which has this code in it

//// TAW View Distance Script - Start ////
#include "taw_vd\dialog.hpp"
//// TAW View Distance Script - End   ////

[b]//// Virtual Ammobox System script - Start ////
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
//// Virtual Ammobox System script - End   ////[/b]

//// Mission settings dialog script - Start ////
#include "mission_settings\dialog\common.hpp"
#include "mission_settings\dialog\mission_settings.hpp"
//// Mission settings dialog script - End   ////

//// INS_revive settings dialog script - Start ////
#include "setting_dialog\defines.hpp"
#include "setting_dialog\dialog.hpp"
//// INS_revive settings dialog script - End   ////

//// UAV settings dialog script - Start ////
//#include "personal_uav\defines.hpp"
//#include "personal_uav\dialog.hpp"
//// UAV settings dialog script - End   ////

//// Group Management script - Start ////
#include "DOM_squad\SquadManagement.hpp"
//// Group Management script - End   ////

Edited by Günter Severloh

Are there anywhere in the codes that guarantees that a player has a ItemRadio in their gear? I ran a custom script which makes sure to remove the ItemRadio but they keep showing up upon joining (but successful in other missions)... I am doing this for compatibility between TFAR and a squad script.

Are there anywhere in the codes that guarantees that a player has a ItemRadio in their gear? I ran a custom script which makes sure to remove the ItemRadio but they keep showing up upon joining (but successful in other missions)... I am doing this for compatibility between TFAR and a squad script.

there is only VAS but that does not force players to have radios. You might want to verify how you are running your script.

Sounds like you have an issue with your description.ext file. Make sure you have that file in your mission dir and it has all the proper stuff in it.

I can't be asked to go through all the previous pages to see if this has been asked. Is there any way to use these missions as side missions for AW's Invade and Annex?

I can't be asked to go through all the previous pages to see if this has been asked. Is there any way to use these missions as side missions for AW's Invade and Annex?

It might be possible but I am not familiar with those missions/scripts so cannot tell you for sure how to do it. Mine are somewhat modular but rely on functions and sometimes other scripts in the mission. look at ghst_random_objectives.sqf under scripts\objectives folder to see how the tasks are called and look under functions folder for the functions used. Also units are specified in the unit_list.sqf

Hi, Ghost. I'm pretty enjoying your mission with my friends.

Me and my friends are bad at game, so... enemy AI's feeling harsh sometime..

I adjusted enemy skill and precision in parameters, but nothing changed.. enemies shoot right into my forehead while they show me their back. :(

Is there any way to adjust difficulty with the script? I unpacked the mission file, but can't find any skill related script.

Hi, Ghost. I'm pretty enjoying your mission with my friends.

Me and my friends are bad at game, so... enemy AI's feeling harsh sometime..

I adjusted enemy skill and precision in parameters, but nothing changed.. enemies shoot right into my forehead while they show me their back. :(

Is there any way to adjust difficulty with the script? I unpacked the mission file, but can't find any skill related script.

AI skill is set in a create unit function so you would have to adjust that

AI skill is set in a create unit function so you would have to adjust that

Thanks to your reply.. but still couldn't find the difficulty setting... :(

enemy's response speed is quite realistic, but shooting accuracy is lunatic..

can you tell me the file name and line number exactly? pleaase?

Thanks to your reply.. but still couldn't find the difficulty setting... :(

enemy's response speed is quite realistic, but shooting accuracy is lunatic..

can you tell me the file name and line number exactly? pleaase?

@enemy_assault_co36_v2_9.Altis\functions\fn_functions.sqf

line 521 - 538

@enemy_assault_co36_v2_9.Altis\functions\fn_functions.sqf

line 521 - 538

thanks, Ghost!

I finally adjusted some skills!! :)

still hard... but I'm gonna find out my own difficulty !

Thank you so much!

Next update will remove the mod requirements. All mods will be optional. Need more testing and a few more changes before I am ready to release.

Next update will remove the mod requirements. All mods will be optional. Need more testing and a few more changes before I am ready to release.

Great! Looking forward to it.