Ghost

Ghost Missions

Middle East Irr. or the USSR from suddens package !

Thx for your detailed informations, it helps me really out.

I try to port the incoming Mission from Ghost to Tora bora and Fata, should i changes the names of the citys and villages somewhere or all stays standard ?

Is it possible to change that the camp has a fix position ? because i have build a base in 3d editor and want to use it in the incoming mission.

objective specific is contained in the various scripts in the objective folder

That didn't answer my question.

Middle East Irr.

Just review my post #97 with the tutorial and that has all the classnames and everything setup for the MEI, for the Russians just o the same thing but you need the classnames for them.

I try to port the incoming Mission from Ghost to Tora bora and Fata, should i changes the names of the citys and villages somewhere or all stays standard ?

You dont need to do anything, the mission will locate the cities and filter them and then add the names to the tasks accordingly.

Is it possible to change that the camp has a fix position ?

The camp is not in a fixed position, it is fixed when your in the mission and doing the objectives, with all their tasks, but as soon as you end the mission, and shut down

the game and then come back and play again the tent/ammo box, and vehicles will spawn in a new location. With enemy assault you can build a new base.

Hi,

does this mission works with ASR AI mod? There´s a parameter inside the mission that sets the AI aiming accuracy. Will ASR AI override that setting?

Sometimes we have AI Soldiers on our side fighting with us (Maybe they are just hanging around instead of fighting...). That´s somewhat strange.

Best regards

Kai

I've used ASR Ai with the mission, and hadn't any issues, ASRAI shouldn't override the mission parameter.

Okay, sounds good and I will give it a try.

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße :-)

Kai

I just finished updating all 4 missions to current patch. Many changes, mostly with formatting of scripts which should make them more efficient I am hoping. I would like to test them out a bit more before doing an official release but if you want to try for yourself now feel free. Just note that these may or may not be the finished product. If you do test and notice issues please feel free to let me know. As far as I can see no major issues other than airplanes dont work right but that is not my doing....

Edited by Ghost

I updated all my missions for Patch 1.14. I have not tested all missions in depth due to time but all should work well. Incoming mission and Enemy Assault have been tested quite a bit but note Stratis Enemy Assault we never play. If you tried the WIP version please download again. Thank you for playing.

Edited by Ghost

Incoming Mission Co-08 great work.... what about for chernorus island version? will be fine with A3MP mod?

Edited by otarius-big

Copy paste all required files/folders and mission editor items to whatever map/mission folder you would like and it should work fine

Incoming Mission Co-08 great work.... what about for chernorus island version? will be fine with A3MP mod?

Review my little tutorial, applies to any map supported by A3MP.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150173-Ghost-Missions&p=2645564&viewfull=1#post2645564

Nice work on the major update Ghost!

I lounch server with this mission. it work fine make it for chernorus island for me plz ...

Server name : Georgia-Arma 3 with this mods : @A3MP;@gafa3;@CBA_A3;@VTS_WeaponResting;@ASR_AI3;@sthud_a3;@sud_russians;@JSRS2;@RH_M4_A3;@JSRS2.0

If you port the mission to another island the static weapons in buildings probably will not work as those are defined positions in a specified building. Most everything else will adjust to new areas/maps

Various problems have been coming up randomly since the last patch 1.14. I have some fixed and others are just unjustifiable. Please note I am constantly evolving my missions and try to always be improving them. Unfortunately patches have other plans with secret changes that break aspects of the mission. Some things you may not notice until they are working. I have some fixes but want to wait for the next patch and try to get more improvements in and see what the next patch breaks. Thank you all for your kind words and support.

Thx Ghost for the mission support. In my opinion its one of the greater coop missions that can be played without extreme fps drops and the best CQB so far.

Me and my team enjoy it really on Tora Bora, i have build a little base in the 3 editor because there is no good base at tora bora.

The only problem with the 3d editor from arma3 is that it can`t read inits anymore, in A2 no prob in a3 it only read the init from the 2d editor whats really crap in my opinion.

Is it possible to update the static weapons to takistani house`s ?

Ghost when you dont have a prob with, i can post your mission with my port for tora bora here.

Only question is there a newer version now or it is in wip ? because otherwhise i have to update my port.

Thx Ghost for the mission support. In my opinion its one of the greater coop missions that can be played without extreme fps drops and the best CQB so far.

Me and my team enjoy it really on Tora Bora, i have build a little base in the 3 editor because there is no good base at tora bora.

The only problem with the 3d editor from arma3 is that it can`t read inits anymore, in A2 no prob in a3 it only read the init from the 2d editor whats really crap in my opinion.

Is it possible to update the static weapons to takistani house`s ?

Ghost when you dont have a prob with, i can post your mission with my port for tora bora here.

Only question is there a newer version now or it is in wip ? because otherwhise i have to update my port.

You would have to update ghst_roofmgs.sqf to include the positions of specific houses you would like static weapons to spawn in. I have a WIP mission ongoing but have not done anything A3 in a while. I still need to see what is going on with the latest patch. Honestly I do not know when I will have the new version ready.

Hi Ghost, Excellent mission with Enemy Assault, its basically our go to mission.

I am looking at adding a Mod to the mission ADFUncut. I am having trouble locating where you set the vehicles that can be spawned. what file is this in? I would like to add some vehicles and aircraft to the list.

Cheers

Duck

Hi Ghost, Excellent mission with Enemy Assault, its basically our go to mission.

I am looking at adding a Mod to the mission ADFUncut. I am having trouble locating where you set the vehicles that can be spawned. what file is this in? I would like to add some vehicles and aircraft to the list.

Cheers

Duck

vehiclelist.sqf and aircraftlist.sqf in the scripts folder. They grab all objects of specified type. So you just have to adjust the filters

We like your mission. Some ideas:

- CH-49 Mohawk can lift mbt and so on?

- to have a rank system so the leader can give players permission to use the air/vehicle spawn system. its horrible if a public join in, take a plane or aa vehicle and destroy the hole base.

- We played this now several times and everytime we need to kill a person, destroy the sochor

- Perhaps some patrole, save the towns inhabitant and extract it to Town XY, defend the town for 10min and only 10% of civilians may die (they are enemy to csat / creek? ). All those time missions gets heavier the longer it takes.

- some missions to get better stuff in the base. atm you can take everyting from VirtualAmmoBox and all vehicles and so on. :P

- mission where you need boats or even a diver

We like your mission. Some ideas:

- CH-49 Mohawk can lift mbt and so on?

- to have a rank system so the leader can give players permission to use the air/vehicle spawn system. its horrible if a public join in, take a plane or aa vehicle and destroy the hole base.

- We played this now several times and everytime we need to kill a person, destroy the sochor

- Perhaps some patrole, save the towns inhabitant and extract it to Town XY, defend the town for 10min and only 10% of civilians may die (they are enemy to csat / creek? ). All those time missions gets heavier the longer it takes.

- some missions to get better stuff in the base. atm you can take everything from VirtualAmmoBox and all vehicles and so on. :P

- mission where you need boats or even a diver

Definitely good ideas for sure. I do have an underwater mission but the underwater combat is really lame and the task was more annoying than cool so I disabled it for now. I have been very busy with real life stuff lately and got pretty burned out on the ArmA thing with patches changing stuff all the time and what not. I had ideas for many more tasks but the game removed my ability to do them efficiently with "performance tweaks". What tasks you get is very random. It may seem to prefer some over others but that is up to the engine being random. I cannot say when I will update the mission for public but I have a working copy of the next update with some major changes. One being able to place charges on anything. The rank system I thought about but in my group the general consensus was to not worry about it. I know public servers can be crazy but that is up to the server host to control that stuff. I was thinking about making the mohawk carry all vehicles and will probably add that in.

Hehe (not) good to hear :P

lets see what arma3 will do in the future, arma2 was much much worse. If you play with your clan its faster when a pilot can pilot but from a publicserver view (or even worse a mixed one) its not ideal. There are more pilot slots and nearly no tank crew slot. more pilots will slot and and wait on spawn when another died to respawn his own jet, public dont know what a co-pilot is. Perhaps in the parameters to set this on/off?

-diver mission: Not under water battle but a mission to get in and out while night time without shooting. Just a get-in/get-out mission. Will be really heavy with ASR AI ;)

-headless client or caching units will be good for performances but i dont think there is too heavy server load (until the cleanup script work)

its fun your mission. thank you for your work ;)

Sorry it has been a while but a lot has been going on. Just trying to finalize a couple things and do a few more testing sessions before I release. New version will have igiload scripts and require Raven's Lifter mod.

WIP CHANGELOG V2.8

-Fixed rain selection of %30,%60,%90 not working properly

-Fixed global marker creation for player spawned vehicles, was supposed to be local to player

-Adjusted cleanup

-Fixed error with unload waypoint function

-Set AI General Skill to 0.4 instead of random. Should help with headshot AI

-Fixed paradrop crashing shortly after spawning

-Moved some objects at airfield

-Fixed random objectives from being completed/failed

-Improved finding random tower on island task. Search area is smaller and should be located somewhere near objective location. If nothing is found no task is created

-If player has a C4 or Satchel in their inventory then they have an option to place them on objects and detonate via action or shooting

-Updated VAS to Ver 2.5 and increased loadouts to 15

-Ammo boxes now explode when destroyed

-Added credits at mission start

-Added igiload scripts

-Removed BASE VAS ammo box

-Removed VAS from Helicopters and HEMTT

-Players have VAS action when near BASE Terminal

-Players not getting "Settings" action when joining should be fixed now

-Added 3 tracked ammo boxes with VAS that can be loaded and transported

-Reduced chance of respawned vehicles colliding with ground

-Added flatbed truck for positioning of ammo crates

-Added FIA vehicles to the list of available spawn vehicles

-Moved player start position

-Removed Peral A-10C option

-Disabled my slingload script

-Added Raven's Lifter module for slingload and fast roping

-Adjusted some default param values

edited, never mined it was a dumb question

Edited by Dr Death JM

I was planning on releasing today but the new patch is causing some issues and I am not sure if they are fixable or just random glitches that we have to deal with until next patch. Couple more things I wanted to implement as well before release but real life stuff is getting in the way. I might just release what I have if I cannot figure the glitches out by the end of the week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Edited by Ghost

Ghost... patiently awaiting for your new version. If you are not able to work out the glitches, please include them in the release notes. That way we can ourselves decide if the buggy feature is important enough to stay in our customized verison. Anyway, always appreciative of your work.