Ghost

Ghost Missions

Great news!

i was wondering, my buddy and I play a tweaked and edited version of the mission, I have done alot of editing based on how we like to play, and its just for him

and I and a friend, if i wanted to update my existing mission can i just update the scripts and such that you updated without

actually changing the setup of my mission? as our spawn times and placements of things are perfect where they are at.

Also a suggestion for a change, the last task for every objective is always that tower on the hill to the far west, I was wondering if you could make that task random as well, so basically choose another location with towers you would have to destroy.

Question for the tower task, if the tower is alive does that mean the enemy will keep reinforcing the town that we are in?

I been wondering that as my buddy and I had cleared the town of all objectives, and there were still enemy reinforcements coming in.

Possibly. It all depends on your changes. Not too much has changed from what I remember. I just wanted to get this version out since it has a couple of nice features. Some things have issues mostly due to the patch which is a BI issue.

Ok,

Player should now be ejected from chute when less than 1m and be standing at end of HALO as long as player comes in at a proper speed

one of your updated features i see, yet to test but after the parachute landing the character is ejected right?

You will like it. tested heavily and works very well. come in too hot and get injured or even killed. Come in normal and be ready to fight.

Awesome!! you......da man! :cool:

Hey speaking of halo to parachute topic, what you told me before about the landing aspect being vanilla issue, check out my post i made earlier:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170652-Halo-to-Parachute-landing-realism&p=2586133#post2586133

I have a feedback tracker ticket I created today, as well as a vid i recorded of it.

Another question for you:

Made reinforcements more random to limit how often they spawn

Based on this update quoted above, do the reinforcements come at the end before you destroy the radio tower, or are they coming in during your hunt for the objectives?

Personally we like the constant reinforcements as it makes the mission fun to be constantly in a fire fight having to take cover ect,.

That is for the town reinforcements. The now should be slightly less frequent. The check is down every 15 seconds roughly and before if the numbers were low enough they would come. Now if the numbers are low enough and random number greater than 6 is selected they will spawn. they should still come often but hopefully with a slightly greater delay and randomness.

Optional Addon: Choose to use or not in mp params - default is off

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Where does this spawn at, at the airfield?

Theres currently 3 spawn points for the planes, each spawn point spawns a buzzard cas, if I were to use the F18 would one of those

spawn points spawn the f18 instead of the buzzard?

If you set use FA18 to true then instead of the buzzards FA18's spawn where the buzzards would spawn. I just updated the scripts DIR.

i can set my squad with less men?

help:

if i play in sp, with the mission in sp folder, i start with 12 men....., how i can instruction the 11 and the 12 men...?? with f11 and f12 don't work...

if i paly in sp, with the mission in mp folder, i start alone...... how i can recruit friendly men?

and, is impossible to save...

Edited by teoleo

i can set my squad with less men?

help:

if i play in sp, with the mission in sp folder, i start with 12 men....., how i can instruction the 11 and the 12 men...?? with f11 and f12 don't work...

if i paly in sp, with the mission in mp folder, i start alone...... how i can recruit friendly men?

and, is impossible to save...

this mission is designed to be played in a mp environment. Specifically a dedicated server environment. To command more than 10 units pressing f11 or f12 will switch between the first ten men and the next ten men. Saving is disabled.

Run the mission on a server and set it to persistent, what my buddy and i do with our server, and we

can come back to play where we left off, although the time has changed :D

Ghost, wondering if there was or if you could build a version of this mission for Arma2CO?

Obviously it wouldn't have some of the same features, like VAS, and so forth but it would be pretty cool to play.

Was playing the latest version and assaulting a radio tower. Once we started engaging the guarding forces, an enemy helicopter came in trying to drop reinforcements. Suddenly, a jet came and shot down the helicopter. We had no player on the server who was flying a jet. Just want to report this since jets you are using might be hostile to CSAT. Because we were hardly attacked by a jet on this new version.

Thanks for the update. Seems like the last few patches keep breaking this....

Hi Ghost, been a bit, I am wondering if it were possible to make a version of the mission using these guys for Opfor:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23308

is there a way to add them as a faction to play against? As i know in the description.ext you have independent as optional faction too.

I am not going to be making a version that will utilize a lot of mods at this time. I am waiting for a more complete package like ACE or something.

Can you tell me how i can do it then, and i'll just update the version I have as the mission my buddy and play is nothing like the original latest

version in respects to layout at the base, and respawn settings, only done this as its only him and I and sometimes one other person playing, so i cut out

alot of stuff we dont use, and moved things around to make them closer.

I'm not new to editing missions, and tweaking them, all i want to do is just have the option to add the faction linked in my previous post, the required

files that the new faction requires, i already have in the mission so only the units and vehicles is what needs to be added.

unit types are in the unit_list.sqf inside the main dir. You will have to make another case with the applicable unit arrays and in description.ext you will have to add that case number.

Ok will do that.

Can you check what i have to make sure its right?

Heres what I have so far untested:

unit_list.sqf

made a 2nd case under case 1 Greek units section. (bottom)

bolded are the new classnames added

//V1.1 - By: Ghost - List of different units for spawning scripts
//[side_type] execvm "unit_list.sqf";

switch (paramsArray select 5) do {

case 0: {

///////////
//Iranian UNITS
///////////

ghst_side = east;

ghst_menlist = ["O_soldier_F","O_Soldier_lite_F","O_soldier_AT_F","O_soldier_GL_F","O_soldier_LAT_F","O_soldier_exp_F","O_soldier_F","O_soldier_AR_F","O_soldier_repair_F","O_soldier_LAT_F","O_soldier_AR_F","O_soldier_M_F","O_soldier_AT_F","O_soldier_AA_F","O_soldier_F","O_soldier_TL_F","O_medic_F","O_soldier_GL_F","O_soldier_F"];

ghst_diverlist = ["O_diver_f","O_diver_exp_f","O_diver_TL_f","O_diver_f","O_diver_exp_f","O_diver_f"];

ghst_specopslist = ["O_recon_f","O_recon_exp_f","O_recon_f","O_recon_M_f","O_recon_medic_f","O_recon_f","O_recon_exp_f","O_recon_LAT_f","O_recon_TL_f","O_recon_f"];

ghst_crewmenlist = ["O_crew_F"];

ghst_patrolvehlist = ["O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_MBT_02_cannon_F","O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F","O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F"];

ghst_convoyvehlist = ["O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_F","O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_F"];

ghst_staticlist = ["O_HMG_01_high_F","O_GMG_01_high_F"];

ghst_patrolboatlist = ["O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F"];

ghst_transport_heli_list = "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F";

ghst_attack_heli_list = "O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F";

ghst_patrol_air_list = ["I_Plane_Fighter_03_AA_F","I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F"];

ghst_commanderlist = ["O_Story_Colonel_F","O_Story_CEO_F","O_officer_F"];

ghst_ammobox_list = "Box_East_Ammo_F";

};

case 1: {

///////////
//Greek UNITS
///////////

ghst_side = independent;

ghst_menlist = ["I_soldier_F","I_Soldier_lite_F","I_soldier_AT_F","I_soldier_GL_F","I_soldier_LAT_F","I_soldier_exp_F","I_soldier_F","I_soldier_AR_F","I_soldier_repair_F","I_soldier_LAT_F","I_soldier_AR_F","I_soldier_M_F","I_soldier_AT_F","I_soldier_AA_F","I_soldier_F","I_soldier_TL_F","I_medic_F","I_soldier_GL_F","I_soldier_F"];

ghst_diverlist = ["I_diver_f","I_diver_exp_f","I_diver_TL_f","I_diver_f","I_diver_exp_f","I_diver_f"];

ghst_specopslist = ["I_soldier_F","I_Soldier_lite_F","I_soldier_GL_F","I_soldier_LAT_F","I_soldier_TL_F","I_medic_F","I_soldier_AR_F"];

ghst_crewmenlist = ["I_crew_F"];

ghst_patrolvehlist = ["I_MRAP_03_gmg_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F","I_MBT_03_cannon_F","I_APC_Wheeled_03_cannon_F"];

ghst_convoyvehlist = ["I_Truck_02_transport_F","I_MRAP_03_gmg_F","I_Truck_02_covered_F","I_APC_Wheeled_03_cannon_F","I_Ifrit_F","I_Truck_02_covered_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","I_MRAP_03_F","I_Truck_02_transport_F"];

ghst_staticlist = ["I_HMG_01_high_F","I_GMG_01_high_F"];

ghst_patrolboatlist = ["I_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F"];

ghst_transport_heli_list = "I_Heli_Transport_02_F";

ghst_attack_heli_list = "I_Heli_light_03_F";

ghst_commanderlist = ["I_officer_F","I_Story_Colonel_F"];

ghst_ammobox_list = "Box_IND_Ammo_F";

};

case 2: {

/////////////////
//ME Irregulars UNITS
/////////////////

ghst_side = east;

ghst_menlist = ["[b]DRI_Riflemano","DRI_SquadLeadero","DRI_MachineGunnero","DRI_AutomaticRiflemano","DRI_Grenadiero","DRI_ATSoldiero","DRI_RPG7Soldiero","DRI_AASoldiero","DRI_Medico","DRI_Marksmano","DRI_RPG7Grenadiero[/b]"];

ghst_specopslist = ["[b]DRI_Repairo","DRI_Engineero","DRI_Explosiveso[/b]"];

ghst_crewmenlist = ["[b]DRI_Crewmano[/b]"];

ghst_patrolvehlist = ["O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_MBT_02_cannon_F","O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F","O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F"];

ghst_convoyvehlist = ["O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_F","O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_F"];

ghst_staticlist = ["O_HMG_01_high_F","O_GMG_01_high_F"];

ghst_attack_heli_list = "O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F";

ghst_commanderlist = ["[b]DRI_SquadLeadero[/b]"];

ghst_ammobox_list = "Box_East_Ammo_F";

};

};

The classnames for the new units are this (from the readme) of this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23308

Classnames
==========
Men:
DRI_Riflemano
DRI_SquadLeadero
DRI_MachineGunnero
DRI_AutomaticRiflemano
DRI_Grenadiero
DRI_ATSoldiero
DRI_RPG7Soldiero
DRI_AASoldiero
DRI_Medico
DRI_Marksmano
DRI_Crewmano
DRI_RPG7Grenadiero
DRI_Repairo
DRI_Engineero
DRI_Explosiveso

For BLUFOR/OPFOR, simply add a B or O to the end of each unit name.

Groups:
DRI_RifleSquad
DRI_WeaponsTeam
DRI_FireTeam
DRI_EngineerTeam
DRI_SniperTeam
DRI_SentryTeam
DRI_LargeSquad

For BLUFOR/OPFOR, simply add a B or O to the end of each group name.

Backpacks:
DR_RPG7_Backpack
DR_RPG7gp_Backpack

Vehicles and static classnames are all based on massi or All in Arma units. Please refer to the documentation for those addons.

For the Description.ext this is what I have:

class PARAM_Enemy
       {
	// paramsArray[5]
               title = "Type of Enemy:";
               values[] = {2,1,0};
               texts[] = {"ME Irregulars","Greek Army","Iranian Army"};
               default = 2;
       };

Ghost I tested what i had setup in my previous post and it worked!

Only thing is the vehicles are still crewed with the Iranians, no worries, i shall try the technical, as I had not defined in the unit list

anything for vehicles other then what was already listed for the Iranians.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Problem.

When I first tested the changes, i hosted the mission, was in a real small town and found some dead bodies in places which i knew i did not shoot them, but then enemy still attacked me.

I put the mission on my gameserver, and went to a big town as soon as I had halo'd there there was a firefight already going on, once i landed and I was seen i was also shot at, but not by some.

i noticed that when i put my sites on a soldier who was close by thinking hes an enemy words in green cameup displaying the type of soldier he was, so that told me that somehow both Opfor and blufor (i think ) are being spawned.

Now i added the letter o (oh) to the end of the classnames as you can see in my post with the script, so o being opfor, im wondering how is blufor units spawning too?

Is it because two opfor are defined in the unit list?

Other then that the new spawned units work, just now I have 2 factions of the same type of unit.

How do i fix this?

Ghost, forget what i said above, the mission is fixed, the issue had to do with the new units, Drongo the Author said that some of the units were set to blufor in the config,

and just released and update for it, so the mission is fine.

Thats good. Glad to here you got it working. Seems I will have to update again soon ....... Be on the look out for an update

Cool thanks.

What will you be updating?

Another question, the code in the helicopters for respawn:

nul = [this,5,false] execfsm "scripts\ghst_vehrespawn.fsm";

does the 5 stand for 5 minutes?

Another question, the code in the helicopters for respawn:

nul = [this,5,false] execfsm "scripts\ghst_vehrespawn.fsm";

does the 5 stand for 5 minutes?

that is correct