Ghost

Ghost Missions

Enemy Assault updated to V2.2 for Altis. numerous changes/tweaks and some fixes. Removed underwater objectives from task list until underwater combat gets fixed. Too many issues with combat underwater. If enough people want underwater put back in then I will add it back.

Ghost if you'll make GROUP type respawn with no revive we will be forever grateful!

Ghost if you'll make GROUP type respawn with no revive we will be forever grateful!

You can mostly disable the revive by changing the MP params prior to mission start. You can have the mission fail if all players are dead. Eventually I plan on making smaller specific missions but will have a similar revive system. I believe a revive system focus on team work and can enhance a mission greatly. For future smaller scale missions I will not have a base respawn.

Updated Mission to V2.3

Hostage rescue should now work again.

Ghost, love the mission, question,

my buddy and I play the mission on our own gameserver, we are finding the respawn times to be 30sec after either one of us dies,

also the choppers are useless as mobile spawns because they respawn back at the base unless the chopper is damaged which the one I flew was.

But is there a way to fix the respawn times, for 2-3 guys its rather tedious to sit and have to wait, I looked through the scripts but

other then the description I cannot find where to adjust the time, changing the description time doesn't change anything.

Also wanted to mention that spawning on players doesn't work, you can only spawn on the vehicles, choppers, or at base,

we haven't yet been able to spawn on each other, the revive works np though.

Edited by Günter Severloh

@Gunter - Would a 15 second limit work for you? The choppers should only respawn at base if they cannot move and no players are closer than 300 or chopper is destroyed. The respawn system is INSRevive pack which I did not write so some things are out of my control atm. I will have to look into spawning on players as my group does not use it but again that is a feature of INSRevive. Thanks for your comments and for playing.

Just tested the respawn on players and it does work. Make sure you adjust your mp params before mission start for respawn location. By default it is set to "BASE"

Edited by Ghost

Hi, thanks for your reply, actually we would prefer 5 sec, the faster we get back in combat the better, our gameserver is a private server for just my buddy and Myself and maybe one other friend, so we like to keep respawn times to a minimum.

As for the respawn setup in the description you have:

// description.ext settings for revive
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Respawn = "INSTANT";
RespawnDelay = 5;
RespawnDialog = 0;
disabledAI = 1;

thats for the revive from what it says in the comment line.

In the file INS_revive\params theres missions settings, do i adjust those to what we want, or is there another place to make adjustments?

All we want to be able to do is the following:

1. revive

2. option to respawn at base

3. option to respawn on another player

4. repawn at a mobile respawn aka chopper, car, ect,.

5. halo

When we do play we are usually in the same group, but when either one of us dies most times the counter for respawn ends up being 30sec, then when thats done, we have another 5 sec to wait and then choose either the base, or one of the choppers at the base.

I see we can spectate players which is great, we use it some times to help each other out when in trouble, as we like to team when we play, but if possible the respawn on player like in the orignal insurgency for Arma2CO would be great, is that possible?

edit..

Another question I just thought of, the halo script you have : ghst_halo

I'm wondering is there a way for when the player lands to just land on their feet and thats it

and not land then fall on their belly, and then standup or is that vanilla game function for halo?

@Gunter - ghst_halo uses the games default halo function. so as of right now were kinda stuck. I will look into it and see if I can adjust the halo somehow. The respawn settings are all inside the insrevive folder. You have to make the changes there. I will put a 0 second, and 15 sec wait time which will allow player to respawn on base lets say then wait 5 seconds.

ghst_halo uses the games default halo function. so as of right now were kinda stuck.

Oh ok, just wondering, I find it to be to much extra stuff just to add some more "realism" to the game, imo if it were to be realistic then it should be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiKn9khrXGY

The Seal Halo's then pulls his chute, the chute is steerable like in the game, but he lands on his feet at the end, much preferable.

The respawn settings are all inside the insrevive folder. You have to make the changes there.

Ok, is the INS_revive\description.hpp, and the INS_revive\params.hpp the two files I need to make adjustments in? and if so how do you change the parameters in them? or is there somewhere else in there i need to look?

Edit...

I have it figured out.

We have tested the new version yesterday, unfortunately there was a huge performance drop and the missions was nearly unplayable.

Did you change the amount of enemy? The server fps dropped down to 2-3/sec which made it nearly impossible to play.

boggler;2564601']We have tested the new version yesterday' date=' unfortunately there was a huge performance drop and the missions was nearly unplayable.

Did you change the amount of enemy? The server fps dropped down to 2-3/sec which made it nearly impossible to play.[/quote']

I did not adjust much as far as script changes. The main change I did was fix the hostage script. I am go ahead and say the patch probably made performance worse as it usually does or there might be a possible issue with the server? Did you try restarting the server? Any new mods you are running?

I did not adjust much as far as script changes. The main change I did was fix the hostage script. I am go ahead and say the patch probably made performance worse as it usually does or there might be a possible issue with the server? Did you try restarting the server? Any new mods you are running?

I suppose we skipped one of your updates, so it might be an older change.

Server seems to be fine, we're playing other missions with a quite good performance.

We're using Robalos ASR AI, but this should not affect the mission.

I noticed also a lot of reinforcements on trucks and in the air, did you change anything in the amount of enemys in the last patches?

boggler;2565393']I suppose we skipped one of your updates' date=' so it might be an older change.

Server seems to be fine, we're playing other missions with a quite good performance.

We're using Robalos ASR AI, but this should not affect the mission.

I noticed also a lot of reinforcements on trucks and in the air, did you change anything in the amount of enemys in the last patches?[/quote']

Depends on when you played last. I decreased enemy numbers slightly a while ago. Check the first post changelog for all the changes since the last version you played. Performance should have gotten better since previous version. On average with three tasks there will be around 50-70 units.

Depends on when you played last. I decreased enemy numbers slightly a while ago. Check the first post changelog for all the changes since the last version you played. Performance should have gotten better since previous version. On average with three tasks there will be around 50-70 units.

50-70 units shouldn't be the problem.

Are there any other dedicated servers out there with such frame drops? Or is there a server with 15 or more fps (#monitor 5)?

We run it on a hosted server from nfoservers and it usually runs around 40fps depending

Hi Ghost, question for you,

been wondering how you have the AI setup for occupying towns, and reinforcing them, is there some specific script you use?

Hi Ghost, question for you,

been wondering how you have the AI setup for occupying towns, and reinforcing them, is there some specific script you use?

I use scripts I created. You can check out the Link in my Signature or unpack my mission to see them used.

Hi Ghost, question for you in the description.ext where its lists the parameters:

class Params
{
	class PARAM_TOD
       {
	// paramsArray[0]
               title = "Time of Day:";
               values[] = {7,12,17,23,0};
               texts[] = {"Morning","Midday","Evening","Night","Random"};
               default = 12;
       };
	class PARAM_Grass
	{
	// paramsArray[1]
		title= "Grass Setting:";
		values[]= {50,25,12.5,3.125};
		texts[]= {"OFF","LOW","MEDIUM","HIGH"};
		default= 50;
		code = "";
	};
	class PARAM_Teamdead
       {
	// paramsArray[2]
               title = "Fail Mission when Team is killed:";
               values[] = {1,0};
               texts[] = {"Yes","No"};
               default = 0;
       };
	class PARAM_AISkill
	{
	// paramsArray[3]
		title= "AI Accuracy and Speed Skill";
		values[]= { 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 };
		texts[]= { "0.1","0.2","0.3","0.4","0.5","0.6","0.7","0.8","0.9","1.0" };
		default= 1;
		code = "";
	};
	class PARAM_Tasks
       {
	// paramsArray[4]
               title = "Number of Tasks:";
               values[] = {8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1};
               texts[] = {"8","7","6","5","4","3","2","1"};
               default = 8;
       };
	class PARAM_Enemy
       {
	// paramsArray[5]
               title = "Type of Enemy:";
               values[] = {1,0};
               texts[] = {"Greek Army","Iranian Army"};
               default = 0;
       };
	class PARAM_Kavala
       {
	// paramsArray[6]
               title = "Number of Locations:";
               values[] = {3,2,1,0};
               texts[] = {"ALL","Half","Kavala Only","Random"};
               default = 0;
       };
	class PARAM_FA18
       {
	// paramsArray[7]
               title = "USE JS FA18:";
               values[] = {1,0};
               texts[] = {"True","False"};
               default = 0;
       };
	class PARAM_Fatigue
       {
	// paramsArray[8]
               title = "Player Fatigue:";
               values[] = {1,0};
               texts[] = {"ON","OFF"};
               default = 0;
       };
	/*class PARAM_HeadlessClient
       {
	// paramsArray[9]
               title = "Headless Client:";
               values[] = {1,0};
               texts[] = {"ON","OFF"};
               default = 0;
       };

How can I add this to my own missions I create, Im wondering is there something that these codes call in the mission files themselves,

or can I add these codes to my mission's Description.ext and they would work?

Also My buddy and I play Enemy Assault religiously, we cannot get enough of it, we love the fact that we can change the Ai accuracy in the mission, which really cuts down the time needed to setup a mission minus mods.

We also love how the AI works in the towns, the mission has a combination of mout, cqb, we cant get over how the towns are constantly being reinforced, only thing that makes the mission hard is if the Ai accuracy is vanilla default but we changed it so now its a real blast.

Actually now that i think of it comes to mind the red circles for the objectives (tasks) is the thing you have to kill, capture or grab in the center of the circle or in a random position in the circle itself?

I ask as there is one task we are unable to complete, we ran into this task before and couldn't complete it, i need to remember what town it was in but it was a brief case we couldn't find, and we covered every house in the circle and could not find it.

Briefcase can be in little corners of a house easy to miss. Unless you destroyed the building the briefcase was in you should be able to find it. The MP params are settings that are then called somewhere for example the init.sqf.

setTerrainGrid (paramsArray select 1);

Ok, can you answer my other 2 questions?

Sorry but what are your other 2 questions?

Enemy Assault Updated to V2.4 and now available on Stratis again!!!

Great news!

i was wondering, my buddy and I play a tweaked and edited version of the mission, I have done alot of editing based on how we like to play, and its just for him

and I and a friend, if i wanted to update my existing mission can i just update the scripts and such that you updated without

actually changing the setup of my mission? as our spawn times and placements of things are perfect where they are at.

Also a suggestion for a change, the last task for every objective is always that tower on the hill to the far west, I was wondering if you could make that task random as well, so basically choose another location with towers you would have to destroy.

Question for the tower task, if the tower is alive does that mean the enemy will keep reinforcing the town that we are in?

I been wondering that as my buddy and I had cleared the town of all objectives, and there were still enemy reinforcements coming in.