Sign in to follow this  
Sbats

Australian defense force - amp unit

Your stuff looks amazing on Armaholic.

I couldn't reach you on Day.0 so I thought I would try this instead.

You mentioned earlier that you were happy to take on changes and make it more authentic:

"Still I am more than happy to take on changes to make it more authentic to a proposed futuristic Australian Camo"

I can get you all the reference material you need in the way of photos for the texture, gear and so forth.

tell us what you need and I will get it for you.

I look forward to helping us Aussies look brilliant on Arma with you.

Richrags

Using the A3 Dev Alpha and version 1.02 shows the error No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgRecoils.recoil_pistol' when first shooting with a pistol.

You can completely remove the cfgRecoils part in the weapons config to get rid of that, it changes to standard A3 recoil values, as the same names are used.

Thanks scuffy seems to have fixed the problem so far, going to test it a bit further. Greatly appreciated!

I have begun to work on re-skinning vehicles and adding groups for the editor.

---------- Post added at 05:47 ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 ----------

In my next release I intend to release the Hunter, Ka-60 transport, AH-9 and Quad with the AMP camo. I will most likely release the DPDU skin as well with its corresponding vehicle re-skins.

Here is an example of my ka-60 reskin wip.

ss_2013_03_24_at_03_43_03.jpg

Getting a config error with pistol recoil and midf_weapons :(

I dont want to miss those AUG A3s but an error window everytime someone fires the pistol is... rather unfortunate. It also removes the pistol recoil.

Any fix known?

Hey Dar, it looks to be fixed, I completely removed cfgrecoils from the Aug A3's thanks to Scruffy's advice, seems they defaulted to A3 recoils. Hopefully this fixes the pistol issue as well.

I will finish doing the vehicles today and release the fixed mod tonight.

Cheers - Sbats.

ADF-AMP w/ VEHICLES v1.03

Download:ADF-AMP w/ Vehicles

Changes:

- Added AH-9, MH-9 and Ka-60.

- Added Hunter, Hunter MHQ, Hunter HMG and ATV.

Fixes:

- Fixed recoil issue with AUG A3 rifles and pistols, problem was tested, please inform me if it occurs.

Issues:

- Env_land config error still present, only an annoyance.

GQFIjb6.jpg

yAuuh96.jpg

pAwhsfv.jpg

vV9wOC1.jpg

Finally got a better sample on some AMP textures, what do you guys think? Would you prefer I switch the entire uniform to this pattern or have both...

This AMP pattern is 99% closer to authentic then the current.

tTAYR9A.jpg

These are quality, almost makes me want to be an Aussie. Instead I'll just have to wait for the PoM skins.

Really nice work!

For all the Aussies/Kiwis we will hopefully be running sbats(stabs) mod on passworded Day0 server this weekend. More info on this event and this mod is available here.

Nice work with the new sample textures! AND the bug fix, AND the vehicles!!! I'd say replace the old tex with the new, but hell, it's your mod! :)

Nice work with the new sample textures! AND the bug fix, AND the vehicles!!! I'd say replace the old tex with the new, but hell, it's your mod! :)

Yeh I thought about replacing them, but instead I am going to go out into the world of imagination/hopeful realism and label them ADMP and AWMP (awwwwwwwmmmmpeh), for desert and woodland/jungle, due to the awmp camo suiting the island more.

Why not both? *plays mexican music* :yay:

Hahaha, the music actually played in my head and it was glorious.

These are quality, almost makes me want to be an Aussie. Instead I'll just have to wait for the PoM skins.

Really nice work!

You can be an Aussie, move now! I accept you haha. But seriously - come to us, ONE OF US!

Hawkei PMV would be a sweet addition to this addon.

Wet dreams tomo, wet dreams.

Finally got a better sample on some AMP textures, what do you guys think? Would you prefer I switch the entire uniform to this pattern or have both...

This AMP pattern is 99% closer to authentic then the current.

Looks a lot more realistic than the current one you use. Go for it!

ADF-AMP v1.05 Release - Fixes and Weapon Change

Download: ADF-AMP v1.05

-----------------------------------------------------------

The major change is that I have removed the Steyr's because the quality wasn't going to improve from where they were. There are some modders working on the F-90 Steyr's, so hopefully we can integrate those into the mod in the near future.

Future plans include SASR, 2nd Commandos, armoured and air vehicles like the UH-60 and ASLAV.

I intend to incorporate the new AMP texture as the "Desert/Woodland" Uniform and to use the current as the "Woodland/Jungle" Uniform. These textures will cross over to their vehicular counterparts.

For the next release I intend to mix up the vests and helmets on the troops to add some personality to the soldiers; to the point their may be several variations of one vest with different scuff marks/tears and different voices for each class.

Long term goals are to create an entire standalone Australian Defense Force Mod, and there are some new developments in the mix with someone other characters.

Peace out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Changes:

v1.05

- fixed colours of vehicle lights on HUNTER and ATV

- Tidied up seams of the amp uniform making them lighter and not as brown.

v1.04

- removed steyrs

- added FHQ M4s

v1.03

- Added AH-9, MH-9 and Ka-60.

- Added Hunter, Hunter MHQ, Hunter HMG and ATV.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

The Day0 Community which can be found here will be hosting a perm ADF server with the new 1.5 version and will update every release. So far I am aware of a working ADF Domination mission. I believe the units will be used in mainly COOP missions and other types are in the making like Insurgency.

Peace.

HOTFIX 1.06 DOWNLOAD: ADF_AMP Hotfix 1.06

THIS REQUIRES 1.05 -> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19379

Fixed signature file for FHQ M4 Mod. Follow the instructions, it's just a copy and paste.

Install:

Copy/cut and paste the @ADF_AMP folder directly into your main Arma 3 directory.

Replace files it says to replace.

Sorry for the inconvenience! The mod is permanently running on Day0 Servers go to the website for details. Password can be recieved via Teamspeak @ ts.day0.com.au

Sorry to foxhound for having to release on armaholic again, I must be annoying.

Peace, Stabs.

Edited by Sbats

There is only one explanation as to why the NATO / western forces are still using gear from today in 2035...

budget cuts.

The ADF is using Kasatka's now? Damn.

Only because its the fastest transport chopper in the game ATM. The MRH90 would be nice though :) There is a back story for this too! <-- if you want to know classified information.

^^^ And using M4's?? Must be a budgetry requirement.

Skins are nice though

Unfortunately on deployment the 2035 standard issue rifles were lost at sea due to unforeseen circumstances, leaving the M4's being brought to Stratis - meant for local militia to be used instead.

I originally had Steyr Aug A3's but they had to many issues. There are a couple of modders out there working of the Austeyr F-90 which will be integrated into the ADF mod.

I originally had Steyr Aug A3's but they had to many issues. There are a couple of modders out there working of the Austeyr F-90 which will be integrated into the ADF mod.

Ah sweet, though truth be told it wouldn't suprise me one bit if there was still something very much like the M4 around in 2035. They already have the platform spewing out every usefull type of round. Seems the only thing theoretically that could killit is caseless rounds but only if they were cheaper. Even then they'd probably still make the damn thing to look like an M4.