dslyecxi

Dslyecxi's 'Paper doll' Gear Menu

Really cool mate.

Thanks for releasing it.

Thanks alot. This will help immensely with custom loadouts for missions as we won't have to dig through configs for hours in hopes of finding right attachments for every weapon, especially considering ArmA3 offers lots of possibilities in that regard.

Very nice! I was wondering though.. Could this be edited so that the action was bound to an object (inside a base) so that players in multiplayer could walk up to it and change their gear/load out this way? If so.. how?

Thanks!

Awesome tool and yes a changing facility incorporated into it would be very cool, also great for random mercs :) maybe even...

Thanks for sharing - much appreciated

I've a problem, i've placed the folder into my arma 3 other profile/name/missions

i load it in the editor, but it told me, warning file is reading only, i place a character than i click on preview, but noting happen

Sorry to ask this, but.............always a but...........

Should this not be in the ADDONS/MODs thread?

Using it now and this thing is awesome. BIS would be smart to include something like this for the final game because it is a very cool tool and I can see it being a great thing for MP players who want to customize their character before playing. One question though, how do I cycle through the weapons? I don't know what button to push after I select weapon in order to cycle through weapons. And I can confirm that it indeed works with addons.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I got it to work.

Edited by bugkill

It starting to look really good for content in the future

reall like the idea of base weapons that can be modded after wards

How do I install this?

ArmA 3 Alpha > Missions > copy dsl_gear_selection_v1.Stratis whole folder into there. Than load editor, Open, and you'll see the mission file.

Or if you changed your ArmA name, Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles > NameChangedToo > Missions

All of this in My Documents, not game root folder.

Sorry to ask this, but.............always a but...........

Should this not be in the ADDONS/MODs thread?

No, as its just a mission type thing, not a full blown add-on.

Could I use this to showcase my own gear? As in would it appear to be selectable without much work?

Could I use this to showcase my own gear? As in would it appear to be selectable without much work?

I don't mind, just give credit where appropriate.

Great addon! Question, the readout ie

["H_Cap_blu","V_HarnessOGL_brn","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt","","","","acc_pointer_IR","hgun_P07_F","","",""]

- is that plug and play or do you still assign individually ie

this assignweapon hgun_P07_F

If plug and play -could someone give me an example of how to input?

I don't mind, just give credit where appropriate.

I guess Slatts rather wanted to know if the script is capable of more or less dynamically recognizing custom config entries of new (selfmade) gear :)

I tested it and it did show new classes in the tool without any modification, however it didn't seem like all of the content has been found.

Really apreciating the release, Dslyecxi! The different camera positions, TOD slider and copy2cb are very neat features! I wonder if BIS has considered something similar for chosing loadouts for an environment different to the Editor (MP lobby comes to mind) :)

Edited by PurePassion

Hi,

thanks a millon Dslyecxi for showing and doing all the great stuff around ArmA3!

Thanks also for sharing this.

Cheers

McLupo

This is TRULY awesome...

Yay!

I guess Slatts rather wanted to know if the script is capable of more or less dynamically recognizing custom config entries of new (selfmade) gear :)

I tested it and it did show new classes in the tool without any modification, however it didn't seem like all of the content has been found.

If content is created according to the methods used for the default A3 gear, it should pick it up naturally. I haven't spent time testing that myself, but from what others have told me, it works for the most part. Any examples of what doesn't work would be interesting, but I would assume they'd happen due to the items in question being improperly configured.