Sign in to follow this  
Cobrakev1526

Arma3 Sharks!?!

I think it would be really somthing to see some big or bigger sharks like reef sharks or bull sharks swimming around at random. Maybe they can pose a threat to you or the team. It's really cool to dive deep and see the depth of the ocean but to dive and not know what is around you just out of sight is a bit of a fear factor.

I'm not sure about the 'pose a threat' part. That would just piss me off more then anything, since IRL sharks don't just attack EVERYONE.

But, seeing them swim around would be quite awesome.

I'm not sure about the 'pose a threat' part. That would just piss me off more then anything, since IRL sharks don't just attack EVERYONE.

But, seeing them swim around would be quite awesome.

Yea you are right about the threat. I just remember Crysis were if you swam out to far the water got darker and whoa there was a big shark circling you. I remember the first time I saw that I about fell out of my chair. There is somthing deeply psychological about deep water and sharks.

this got me thinking, with new undersea aspect, we might see trench/abyss maps with ads suits

IIRC less than 10 people a year die from shark attack while diving. I don't think I want them aggroing in a milsim. (Well, actually I don't want any random environmental hazards like that. Weather and terrain is one thing, bear attacks are another.)

As a larger and rarer bit of fauna? Sure, that would be cool.

The only deeply psychological thing about sharks is how we've all been programmed by Shark Week in to thinking they're actually a threat. I saw plenty diving, none ever seemed very interested in me. :)

Did anyone consider what kind of sharks there are on that location irl ? :rolleyes:

Did anyone consider what kind of sharks there are on that location irl ? :rolleyes:

It's the future, man! With global climate change, who knows what kind of sharks will live there! :)

Well, the shark idea becomes interesting if you take bleeding into account. While a shark shouldn't attack someone, when this someone is wounded and bleeding, things look different.

Harmless sharks, jellyfish and octopuses will add a lot to the sea environment.

We should definitely have sharks, even better would be trained spysharks that are equipped with cameras and sensors and can sabotage enemy facilities

I'm kind of hoping they have frickin' laser beams on their heads.

Amen!

And yes, there are actually several kinds of sharks in the aeagean sea around greece such as the thresher shark and there have even ben sightings of great white sharks but those are very uncommon. The sharks there are mostly harmless :)

Jellyfish is something I would absolutely love to see! They have beautiful shapes and colors and just imagine what it would look like seeing a swarm of glowing deep-sea jellyfish with the new underwater lighting :O

Did you?

Some of the largest great whites are in the med, luckily they feed pretty much exclusivly on tuna.

Once we fish all the tuna to extinction you will start to read about all the horrendous shark attacks.

Edited by Liquidpinky
My speeling is atrocious

I dont think sharks would be that awesome to have in the game. Only maybe for the guys that likes to dive in the game, and maybe the 2 first times :s

I dont think sharks would be that awesome to have in the game. Only maybe for the guys that likes to dive in the game, and maybe the 2 first times :s

I'm having a blast hunting for the sharks and fishes atm.

only little sharks in the Mediterranean sea... althought sometimes even great white sharks can be found, but is very uncommon ..... what i want to see instead is that the fishes actually flee when you are swimming too close to them.

only little sharks in the Mediterranean sea... althought sometimes even great white sharks can be found, but is very uncommon ..... what i want to see instead is that the fishes actually flee when you are swimming too close to them.

IIRC they plan on making fish react to the players.

I really like the sea in the game but it feels a little blend compared to the landscape. It's quite normal since most of the action will be on land. But having more species of plants and fishes would be amazing and more vivid for sure. We need to forget about them being a threat though ... it would be ridiculous in a sim environment. Modders could take care of that if they feel like it...

nice topic ,

if a modeller is willing or free model is available i can put it in :)

for now i start with Orca ;).

6rs4elBX3fw

nice topic ,

if a modeller is willing or free model is available i can put it in :)

for now i start with Orca ;).

You are my hero :) - now quickly do some great whites before they become extinct!