Sign in to follow this  
teenkisame15

ArmA 3 alpha not working?

I have recently bought ArmA 3 alpha. Whenever I try to start the game it loads in the ArmA 3 small loading picture, but when it starts my whole screen turns black for a second, then it goes to normal, my internet page turns completely back, then the game doesn't start. Task manager says the games on and working but the game does not work and my computer barely works and goes very slow... What do I do? :confused:

I have recently bought ArmA 3 alpha. Whenever I try to start the game it loads in the ArmA 3 small loading picture, but when it starts my whole screen turns black for a second, then it goes to normal, my internet page turns completely back, then the game doesn't start. Task manager says the games on and working but the game does not work and my computer barely works and goes very slow... What do I do? :confused:

Dude, my mate has the same problem as you, he has little knowledge on computers and so do I although i have a little more than him, I've been trying endless troubleshoots for him on websites including this one, but i have got somewhere with this, just a couple of questions...

1) Are you an admin on this computer

2)What your computer specifications are

If you have this on steam we do too so it might have something to do with this steam item, once again i dont know.

This is the other thing i have tried

1) Computer > (Hard disk Name) > Program Files(x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Arma 3

2) Then right click the 'arma3' application

3) Click on properties

4) Click on 'Compatibility'

5) "Tick" disable visual themes + "Tick" Disable desktop composition + "Tick

But this didn't work for us because my mate wasn't an adim on his computer, we changed that BUT it wouldn't let us tick "Run this program as Administrator"

I'm not sure if this did anything but I think we got somewhere on this^^^ :)

I have tried to change things in his firewall allowing programs through but i don't think that has anything to do with this.

Graphics - Is your graphics card up to date?

This is vital to make the game run.

This is all my intel on this case but i'm not so sure what your knowledge is like on computers but I hope you get this game working, it would be a shame if that £19.99 went to waste...

I think its just my graphics card. The computer tells me it has stopped responding when i launch it.

What is your systems configuration (videocard/memory/processor/Windows version)?

Try launching Arma in windowed mode. If it loads you just have to press leftAlt+Enter to go to fullscreen.

I think its just my graphics card. The computer tells me it has stopped responding when i launch it.

Is it "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" message? I had this problem and tried numerous "fixes", but they didn't work.

Unfortunately, it took not only reinstalling Windows, but I formatted intire HDD and made new partitions from scratch. :(

Before you do that though, try what Olee sugested first. ;)

Edited by Kernriver

What is your systems configuration (videocard/memory/processor/Windows version)?

Intel® core2 Due CPU 2.93ghz 2.94 ghz

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Try launching Arma in windowed mode. If it loads you just have to press leftAlt+Enter to go to fullscreen.

Is it "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" message? I had this problem and tried numerous "fixes", but they didn't work.

Unfortunately, it took not only reinstalling Windows, but I formatted intire HDD and made new partitions from scratch. :(

Before you do that though, try what Olee sugested first. ;)

Yeah i have display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. And what he told me to do did not work.

Yeah i have display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. And what he told me to do did not work.

Yeah, it's one of those fixes I tried also. BTW, don't do what I did (format HDD) because it didn't work for me, I still get the display driver message. :(

Do you have a Nvidia Graphics card? Try with an older driver instead of the latest.

Do you have an AMD graphics card? Try with the latest beta driver.

I just played through infantry showcase without the dreaded message, which was previously impossible. What I did:

1. I took out GFX card, the fan was full of thick dust, I cleaned that

2. For no particular reason I switched SATA HDD to another controller on MBO, when Win loaded it installed some shit, I don't remember what it was but it clearly wasn't installed

3. I installed EVGA precision and turned up fan speed to 60% so temps don't go over ~60 C (highest was 62 C)

I don't know why it worked, but I hope it stays that way.