Sign in to follow this  
CK3

Arma 3 DayZ port? Any news?

Hi,

:confused: So I was a huge DayZ fanboy and was wondering if anybody has ported over that add on (or mod I guess?) If so could somebody show me how to get it? Thanks :cool:

Hi,

:confused: So I was a huge DayZ fanboy and was wondering if anybody has ported over that add on (or mod I guess?) If so could somebody show me how to get it? Thanks :cool:

There's a DayZ forum for you DayZ fanboys. Anyway, how are you a fanboy and not know about the standalone? And I assume you don't know because otherwise why would you look for an ArmA3 DayZ mod? DayZ standalone will be on the RV4 engine so you don't need to look for a DayZ mod. Frankly I don't like the mentality of a lot of DayZ fanboys anyway (the whole "ArmA is nothing without DayZ" mentality) so I hope there isn't a DayZ mod. There's enough people TK'ing each other as it is (and yes, the majority of that started when DayZ went big).

There's a DayZ forum for you DayZ fanboys. Anyway, how are you a fanboy and not know about the standalone? And I assume you don't know because otherwise why would you look for an ArmA3 DayZ mod? DayZ standalone will be on the RV4 engine so you don't need to look for a DayZ mod. Frankly I don't like the mentality of a lot of DayZ fanboys anyway (the whole "ArmA is nothing without DayZ" mentality) so I hope there isn't a DayZ mod. There's enough people TK'ing each other as it is (and yes, the majority of that started when DayZ went big).

Do you know what else started when DayZ got big? Hundreds of thousands of A2 copies sold for BI. Over a million even.

Edited by Winfernal

DayZ will not be coming to ArmA 3. It would probably ruin sales of the standalone. I don't think they want to do that.

DayZ is going to become a standalone game.

Yes I know about the standalone. I'm asking if anybody has ported over the game to 3 yet because anybody can do that.

^ Actually, anybody cannot. I'm pretty sure doing that would be against BIS rules, since you would be porting something not made by you, when not given approval.

Like I said, it most definitely will not ever see the light of day in ArmA 3, as it could threaten sales of the standalone game.

I'm glad day z isnt going to be comming to arma 3, as when you hear someone talk about arma 2 you "only" hear day z day z day z. Also I'm glad day z will have a standalone so those who wants to play day z can go play day z and those whos really interested in playing arma can play arma with out having someone say arma isnt as good as day z.

so its a win win for both sides

I wouldn't be so sure it's "never" going to happen. but it wouldn't be called "DayZ", and the standalone should be better anyway

[LARP] DAYZ!? YOU SHALL NOT PAAAAAASS!

I'm glad BI is releasing a standalone dayZ it might keep the rif raff away from the actual arma players and fund BIS so they can patch and release more coolness to us :)

Two birds one stone.

Now i must make haste, ARMA calls to me. [/LARP]

Yes the whole forums now knows how much you despise dayz by now, I'm sure of it. Why not just go back to your game instead of wasting your precious time on dayz fanboiz?

The only one being allowed to port the DayZ Mod to Arma 3 is Rocket, not anybody. In this community we don't port the work from someone else, just because we can.

Questions about the DayZ Mod being ported to Arma 3 should be asked at the source, not here. Please ask there about the future of DayZ.