Sign in to follow this  
Planetside

Why do 80% of the servers allow addons?

Go into any server with a population over 30 and then run a script to find DevCon users, you will find at least 1 person toying with the gameplay at other peoples expenses.

Sorry for the rant, but there are only 4 servers that sig check?

Most of server.cfg for ARMA3 you can find over the web doesn't include the security statement, I guess that's related.

i will install one more server today so then there will be 5 servers with sig check enabled :)

Why not have that as default options, would be so much better.

I guess with things being so in flux with the alpha state, perhaps they thought that having sig-check by default would cause issues with so many versions of things in the early stages.

The problem is default setting indeed. VerifySignatures = 2, simply should be default IMO.

This really does need to be passed around, if you go onto all those skiddie sites all you will find are some idiots taking credit for (kju?)'s DevCon, renaming it and calling it their own. This should be common knowledge before setting up a server.

The problem is default setting indeed. VerifySignatures = 2, simply should be default IMO.

Yes, this is best solution. Better people cannot connect than allowing cheaters by default.

We run sig check when we're running a pub game.

For private games we don't bother.

It could also be caused by the lack of mod keys available.

No keys, no public modded server with sig check ON.

Most of server.cfg for ARMA3 you can find over the web doesn't include the security statement, I guess that's related.

Including the example config posted here which is what I used. I did add that statement now though.

I had v2 signature check enabled, as we have in Arma 2, however I was not able to join my own server (Signature check timeout ALL the time). For some of my team mates it works. So I have no choice but to disable it. The system it utterly broken in my opinion.