SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Forgive my noobiness, but is the mod dead? :(

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

U sir deserve an infraction for your noobiness!! ;)

Last message from the devs in this thread:

Hey guys as some of you probably don't watch the A2 thread anymore I thought I better post a mini progress update here to let you all know where we are officially with the A3 version...

Currently the active team is VERY small due to real life commitments, and those of us still working are SOLELY focused on getting 2.7 out for A2 at this stage. Mainly due to the fact that the work on new features going into 2.7 will translate over the A3 so by finishing them there first, they will plug in much easier to A3 post 2.7's release.

The screenshots and videos posted so far covers most of what we have ingame and playable in A3 so far. Once 2.7 is out of the way we will be looking at getting a very small release for A3 out so you guys can play with what we have working so far. As the future of its development is still very much in the design and development stages do not expect anywhere near the wealth of A2's content to be part of the A3 release. Again the A3 version is NOT a port of the A2 content, though some content will transfer over, a vast amount of it is just too out of date to port well into the new engine.

Unforunately the early split of the team between A2 and A3 has meant we did lose a lot of momentum and when problems arose with A2 it only set us back further. So at this point we are freezing A3's development until that work is completed. I know some may say this is a bad idea as everyone is playing A3, but as I still get daily requests on A2's update and our desire to leave the mod in A2 in playable and feature complete state it has been decided this is the best course of action for us.

So TL;DR - A3 is not dead, just on hold. 2.7 is our primary focus and should be out soon. When we have new info to post we will. Until then know we are working on getting back on track and something playable out to you all ASAP. Thanks for your continued interest and support!

they will get it out sooner or later i wouldnt worry mate just go play the arma 2 I44 for the time being

I wish they would give us some kinda of update, even if it was the same news, it would be great to hear that I44A3 is still doing great.

I wish they would give us some kinda of update, even if it was the same news, it would be great to hear that I44A3 is still doing great.

Be patient, im sure when they are good and ready they will show us something. Addon making takes up alot of free time, and sometimes other things have to take priority such as real life.

Be patient, im sure when they are good and ready they will show us something. Addon making takes up alot of free time, and sometimes other things have to take priority such as real life.

Besides that they said that they will focus first in the A2 final patch.

Besides that they said that they will focus first in the A2 final patch.

I think INVASION44 v3 is dead before it even started... :)

WHO needs a patch for I44 arma2 ? what a waste of time....

Anyway, is there a possibility to play invasion44 in arma3?

The patch is to finish the Arma2Co version which alot of people still play.

A waste of time is your inability to respect those modders who spent countless hours and years without any reward for their efforts, a waste of time is you

posting in reply to this thread without any regard or respect for what it takes to mod and wanting something for free without anything to contribute

to the discussion thats worth anything, thats called spamming here.

Its not like us modders are just sitting at our computers like a job 8hrs a day and working on our mods we have real lives too, in case of the I44 team who have had

taken the time and interest out o their lives to build a fantastic mod since 2003 for us all for free, they are now short handed and im guessing down to 1-3 guys

working on the mod because of interest and real life factors.

Stop asking dumb questions and show some respect for the team thats build something for nothing for you, news for Arma3 version will come when they have news for it,

if you have nothing positive or intelligent to add to the thread then stop trolling it and go find something to do,

wait for it like everyone else or find someway to contribute to the mod.

you sir need to be thankful that these guys are doing anything at all in their own free time.... remember they are not getting paid for this, they do it because they want to not because they have to...

maybe think about that before posting some cr*p like that again.

there are some selfish people around here

You've got more support than you know because some people in this thread want to suppress legitimate questions. "What a waste of time..." could've been better said, but I'm a mission designer and prefer not to spend my hard earned free time designing missions for a game that will be obsolete sooner than later. I want people to actually play with!

I freaking LOVE the development community of Arma and am EXTREMELY grateful for everyone's hard work. A lot of people like me come to this thread every day to see if there's progress but you don't know it because we're afraid to comment on anything because of the offense some people take on this thread if we have a simple question. Even though we understand people have lives, we still hope that people understand that we have lives too. Some word would be nice is all I'm saying for the future of the mod because people will lose interest if they're not allowed to ask questions and this thread dies. If people lose interest because the thread dies, then the devs will be less motivated to finish their work since they won't know how many people are truly interested.

I think everyone like me who keeps coming here and reading with disappointment should create an account and take a roll call. Show the devs your interest and let them know we won't give up support for this awesome mod.

However, I do wish it would just move to Arma 3 already. Great freaking iteration of Arma but no good mods just a bunch of realism crap as if arma's not authentic enough as is. I WANT MY ERA MODS AND INVASION 44 IS THE BEST WW2 MOD OF THE ENTIRE SERIES! PLEASE DON'T LET IT DIE!

Anti-flame shield goes up now

Edited by AIE-Boshell

However, I do wish it would just move to Arma 3 already.

:rthumb:

However, I do wish it would just move to Arma 3 already. Great freaking iteration of Arma but no good mods just a bunch of realism crap as if arma's not authentic enough as is. I WANT MY ERA MODS AND INVASION 44 IS THE BEST WW2 MOD OF THE ENTIRE SERIES!

I full-heartedly agree with that complete post!

no good mods just a bunch of realism crap

Your disrespect for other people's work is shameful to say the least. If you don't like these mods, just ignore them, but don't frigging call them crap just because they don't appeal to you.

Geez, what's up with people these days? "waste of time".. "realism crap"...

• Like 1

Indeed, better choice of word would have been "a series of mods that do not appeal to my gameplay needs".

Let's show some respect to all addon makers :)

You've got more support than you know because some people in this thread want to suppress legitimate questions. "What a waste of time..." could've been better said, but I'm a mission designer and prefer not to spend my hard earned free time designing missions for a game that will be obsolete sooner than later. I want people to actually play with!

I freaking LOVE the development community of Arma and am EXTREMELY grateful for everyone's hard work. A lot of people like me come to this thread every day to see if there's progress but you don't know it because we're afraid to comment on anything because of the offense some people take on this thread if we have a simple question. Even though we understand people have lives, we still hope that people understand that we have lives too. Some word would be nice is all I'm saying for the future of the mod because people will lose interest if they're not allowed to ask questions and this thread dies. If people lose interest because the thread dies, then the devs will be less motivated to finish their work since they won't know how many people are truly interested.

I think everyone like me who keeps coming here and reading with disappointment should create an account and take a roll call. Show the devs your interest and let them know we won't give up support for this awesome mod.

However, I do wish it would just move to Arma 3 already. Great freaking iteration of Arma but no good mods just a bunch of realism crap as if arma's not authentic enough as is. I WANT MY ERA MODS AND INVASION 44 IS THE BEST WW2 MOD OF THE ENTIRE SERIES! PLEASE DON'T LET IT DIE!

:D best with old OFP models...........:D mod full of inaccuracies........

This^. I just did this. I44 is probably my favorite mod for Arma II, I'll be pretty sad to see it not come to Arma 3. This new engine has so much potential, I can't wait to see what the devs of I44 can do with it.

Your disrespect for other people's work is shameful to say the least. If you don't like these mods, just ignore them, but don't frigging call them crap just because they don't appeal to you.

Geez, what's up with people these days? "waste of time".. "realism crap"...

Your disrespect for my entire post where I'm showing my utter-greatfulness just to pick apart 2 words that could have been better said is shameful, to say the least. Come on dude, you're being extremely self-righteous. I think my whole post summed up how appreciative I am to the entire modding community much better than the 2 words you choose to focus all your time and effort on.

Your disrespect for my entire post where I'm showing my utter-greatfulness just to pick apart 2 words that could have been better said is shameful, to say the least. Come on dude, you're being extremely self-righteous. I think my whole post summed up how appreciative I am to the entire modding community much better than the 2 words you choose to focus all your time and effort on.

Having in mind that even a forum moderator has called your attention, and this is your second post... I do believe as well that you should be more respectful with other users and mod developers.

This^. I just did this. I44 is probably my favorite mod for Arma II, I'll be pretty sad to see it not come to Arma 3. This new engine has so much potential, I can't wait to see what the devs of I44 can do with it.

Thanks for your support. We need more like you to show support for this awesome mod.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Having in mind that even a forum moderator has called your attention, and this is your second post... I do believe as well that you should be more respectful with other users and mod developers.

I read the rules and have shown nothing but respect to mod-developers. If anything I said would get me punished then I'm going to politely, and respectfully ask the forum moderators not to abuse their power as this must be the reason this thread has been on life support. I'm just trying to breathe new life into it because it's the only place online that this mod is still beating. With all due respect to you, sir.

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Indeed, better choice of word would have been "a series of mods that do not appeal to my gameplay needs".

Let's show some respect to all addon makers :)

I do agree with this and will choose my words more carefully in the future.

Quite the contrary, you blatantly partition into mods you like and "crap". It doesn't matter how much brown-nosing you throw in first for the former half, you still call most of the other mods crap.

That's my last on this topic. Whatever. I am already sorry I joined the derailing of this thread, I won't derail it any further.

Will everyone in this thread plz stop arguing over stupid shit someone said in a comment. Comments were made to let people express there own opinion on a topic they like or dislike. You don't have to constantly flag someone because their comment showed the slightest bit of negativity. So everyone please stop trying to criticize other people's comments and just make you're own and express you're opinion on this awesome mod thats coming out!