SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Thanks a lot for the info.

Once 2.7 is out of the way we will be looking at getting a very small release for A3 out so you guys can play with what we have working so far.

I really appreciate this sensible approach. I very much prefer getting my hands on a small release soon over a feature complete version several years later. ;)

Hey guys as some of you probably don't watch the A2 thread anymore I thought I better post a mini progress update here to let you all know where we are officially with the A3 version...

Currently the active team is VERY small due to real life commitments, and those of us still working are SOLELY focused on getting 2.7 out for A2 at this stage. Mainly due to the fact that the work on new features going into 2.7 will translate over the A3 so by finishing them there first, they will plug in much easier to A3 post 2.7's release.

The screenshots and videos posted so far covers most of what we have ingame and playable in A3 so far. Once 2.7 is out of the way we will be looking at getting a very small release for A3 out so you guys can play with what we have working so far. As the future of its development is still very much in the design and development stages do not expect anywhere near the wealth of A2's content to be part of the A3 release. Again the A3 version is NOT a port of the A2 content, though some content will transfer over, a vast amount of it is just too out of date to port well into the new engine.

Unforunately the early split of the team between A2 and A3 has meant we did lose a lot of momentum and when problems arose with A2 it only set us back further. So at this point we are freezing A3's development until that work is completed. I know some may say this is a bad idea as everyone is playing A3, but as I still get daily requests on A2's update and our desire to leave the mod in A2 in playable and feature complete state it has been decided this is the best course of action for us.

So TL;DR - A3 is not dead, just on hold. 2.7 is our primary focus and should be out soon. When we have new info to post we will. Until then know we are working on getting back on track and something playable out to you all ASAP. Thanks for your continued interest and support!

who play invasion1944 v2 today?? BAD IDEA, to develope for a A2-mod, which is dead.

look at your official forum.... :j: ..all is down

who play invasion1944 v2 today?? BAD IDEA, to develope for a A2-mod, which is dead.

People like you are the reason i would stop developing for public release

You see children this is why most modders leave the community and release only to their friends

Thank you for proving my point just shows the arma community is no better then that cest pool facepunch

BTW I know your just trolling I just wanted to talk down to someone today so thank you :D

Edited by Acekiler45
He's trolling

arma 2 I44 is not dead :bounce3:

they make this mod in their own free time, so have a little respect!

honestly, some modders should charge £$€ to put up with nonsense like this

arma 2 I44 is not dead :bounce3:

they make this mod in their own free time, so have a little respect!

honestly, some modders should charge £$€ to put up with nonsense like this

Mate no need his just trolling

Do you have any eta on a preview pack being released anytime? I cant wait any longer! Good job so far on the progress!

You see children this is why most modders leave the community and release only to their friends

Thank you for proving my point just shows the arma community is no better then that cest pool facepunch

BTW I know your just trolling I just wanted to talk down to someone today so thank you

Look I know everyone's really excited, and they don't want people questioning the creators but don't get mad when someone asserts there own opinion, this guy just really wants to play arma 3 i44, so please respect everyone's comments and opinions. Thanks :)

Thanks for the update on Invasion 1944!

If you need some motivation, ArmA 2 is definitely not dead.

Our group plays 2 Invasion 1944 operations per month, and this Saturday we will have one of the largest scale multiplayer d-day operations ever in ArmA.

All on a game that is apparently "dead", according to some 14 year old.

Death never looked so good: http://i.imgur.com/kg6TVX2.png

Keep up the good work Pac :)

Edited by Heaney

If you need some motivation, ArmA 2 is definitely not dead.

I don't want to seem rude, but shouldn't you be saying that in the Arma 2 forum?

Here it may feel a bit weird having in mind that we are waiting for the A3 version :)

My apologies, but the developer is posting about 2.7 here, and I was making a response to a response that someone gave to him in this thread.

Edited by Heaney

He's just proving a point, that people still play it regardless of version, and they still play it then it would most likely suggest they too are waiting for the arma 3 version.

If the I44 team is interested in my ballistics work please let me know, I would be happy to help develop this mod if you so see fit, I enjoyed the ArmA 2 version of I44 quite a bit.

This mod sure looks nice!! Any chance of seeing any Brits in this?

Edited by Jonathan0434

They will probably add Brits after their (at least this is what was said a while back) first release of a mostly polished basic infantry pack.

I assume after they get that down they will move onto things like other factions and such.

I still play arma 2 I44 mod all the time on the 88 airborne server and have been off and on for the past 2-3 years. I mostly PREFER to play domination chernarus servers as a pilot and if i'm not feeling that something about just hopping on domination and doing the infantry thing is unspeakably satisfying.

I even buy my friends copies of AO through steam and make them install six launcher and hop on the I44 with me. The dogfights are so much more fun and the on ground action is incredible. My favorite mod for arma 2 thus far period. I hope to see it come out on arma 3 so badly and it looks like a bunch of other people do too. Who knows it might have the impact on the arma 3 community that counterstrike had on the half life community. To me i 44 is just that good. I'd say I bought at least 6 copies of arma 2 combined ops and gifted them to people on steam through the past couple years just to try to get people into the Arma experience.

The dogfighting in the air was the greatest in I44 versus any other arma mod to date. I really hope V3 has more aircraft, more bombers, better bombing sights, maybe an M1 garand C *drools*. Can you imagine ww2 submarine fights? Like ermahgerd sign me up. Maybe japanese submarines with the deployable aircraft.

I'd like to see a german rail gun. That would be ridiculous. I think a B29 and a nuclear weapon would be just bonkers but maybe if you complete all the side missions flawlessly you unlock a fatboy and a b 29 enola gay replica.

It might be dreaming but starlight scopes for both sides... i mean they did have them at the end of ww2 as snooper scopes i'd post the link but this is my first post and im less than a day old

I think if you had some of the navy aircraft with folding wings like the corsair or the japanese aircraft that would be epic, maybe even a crappy ww2 aircraft carrier parked on that map you had to try to take off and land on lol.

I think something that would set the I44 mod off and possibly even blow arma 3 up with more positive hype would be if I44 had a map-pack recreating famous battles from ww2 using whatever historical notes they can find on the events, watch documentaries on the subjects, journals, all that jazz. They did it some in the I44 arma 2 with omaha. Also I think some single player showcase missions for like the various vehicles and rifles would be incredible but I'm sure the developers have better things to do with their lives.

I'd love to see a pacific island map with harsh jungles brutal volcanic rock faces all that jazz.

ww2 bulldozer would be epic.

Sabotage missions for small player coops.

I would totally be willing to donate towards seeing this V3 come out,

Well, I'm sure plenty of people still play.

I44 always had some fun, intense dogfights without all those heatseeking missiles. And indeed, I feel that the B-17 really needed some way to aim those runs, though I couldn't find it. Japanese subs with deployable aircraft? Considering what they did with navies last time, the most I could expect is a minisub. Nothing big enough to launch aircraft, as far as I know.

Also, I feel like you should know that they've said they aren't doing the Pacific front, they're doing US/Britain vs. Germany, and it seems that they're doing it in the Mediterranean. There aren't gonna be any Enola Gays, that's for sure. Also, the starlight scope was used in Vietnam.

You're probably in good luck with the sabotage missions for coops, but I don't think there will be Japanese, nukes, railguns, navy (although I'd be happy to man the guns in the Atlantic. Sink the bismarck!) besides landing craft, or submarine launched aircraft.

ZG 1229 Vampir

Google that i'd post the link but I haven't the post count but yaaaaaa this is "invasion 1944" and they didn't have that till later in the war.

Edited by smokey_m14

I googled it and it says only 310 were produced, only used in combat in 1945. I can't see that being very practical to add compared to the ZF41 which had 100,000 units produced by 1945. They may as well add the HUB-23 suppressor for the Kar-98k for Fallschirmjager or Brandenburgers. Not that I'd argue with suppressors.

Although, the mod name doesn't necessarily limit it to 1944, as they might end up doing 1943 in Italy or even earlier in Greece, given the terrain in the game. Who knows though, they might go any which way.

Have they stopped giving progress updates, or am I in the wrong forum?