SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

just wondering if anyone knows if there were static objects like radars in the original/current mod - I've just dloaded the A2 version but cant see any.

I am probably mistaken, but I believe there were some of the large rectangular looking radar sites back in the original Invasion 1944 mod back in OFP days. I haven't had my OFP discs in ages, and therefore can't verify, but I think you can still find the mod hosted somewhere by googling it.

I have searched this for you, but no guarantees it's going to be in there, and by no means do I recommend just opening files up without asking permission first: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Invasion_1944;76285

If it's not in there, then I apologize ahead of time for the wild goose chase.

Since this is related to Normandy, and 1944, I did find some info that might aid someone interested in making one for the I44 team. The radar, or at least one type, was called the Mammut radar. Read this wiki page for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammut_radar

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

That looks very nice, I recently tried the iron front mod for A3 and it has a great selection of content I really like the trenches it has.

I hope i44 will try to implement something similar, if anyone is unsure what I'm talking about the iron front mod has a lite version that doesn't require you to buy iron front, open the editor and find the trenches category to see what I mean.

What about progress ???

Some piece of advice, don't ask for progress on mods, that usually ends up in a warning. Let the guys that work on mods post progress updates when they have them :)

Hello TeironCZ and welcome to the community! Please take a moment to read and understand the forum rules, specifically rule number 5.

Asking for updates is considered spam. If the addon creator has something he deems worth sharing, he will do so.

Thank you for your understanding!

Would be something fun to play on a late night with friends. Gonna watch the development on this addon for sure.

Going by the screens and videos you guys have posted a while back. I expected what's show in the video to have been implemented already. Is this you guys just saying, "we're still here"? I know the main force is still with I44A2.

I expected what's show in the video to have been implemented already. Is this you guys just saying, "we're still here"? I know the main force is still with I44A2.

It's a new feature for the mod that didn't feature in ArmA2, holding down the fire button maintains the view down the rifle before the bolt action takes place so you can track your shot. Rather than a forced animation state immediately after firing, which can make it difficult and unrealistic. As an update on the progress yes it is a way of showing the community that development is continuing beyond just placing existing and new models into the engine, actual game features exclusive to the mod are coming along great as well! Though on the contrary most of the team is now active on A3 with only a few hands left on A2 to finish up the last minute bug fixes, the content itself is all in place and once thoroughly tested all members are expected to move over to A3 work after its released.

That looks very nice, I recently tried the iron front mod for A3 and it has a great selection of content I really like the trenches it has.

We have attempted this previously to varying degrees of success, ultimately the terrain and models have to be designed together to work and then AI will always have an issue with them as the engine really wasn't designed for them. As a player they add a lot though so I'm sure we'll be looking to add a range of natural and man made fortification suitable to the environment(s).

Edited by PacUK

I myself would find useful a feature where you can check how many bullets you have left. Maybe not precise, but something along the lines of RO2 style? As with ammo HUD you can pick up any odd gun and the soldier knows exactly how many bullets it has left, checking would be pretty cool, would be even better with some sort of "survival" mission, or perhaps an i44 escape where you have to make your shots count.

Hey not sure if this is considered spam, but i was wondering when we might see a release date for this mod?

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

btw just a request, i would like to see different types of gun sounds to the new mod, (I kinda don't want to be reminded of Arma 2 I44 when playing Arma 3 I44 :P) Also i would love to see a north african campaign of maps! Aswell I'd love to see the eastern front with the soviets if possible. Thanks for making this mod guys really excited for this one! ;)

Hey not sure if this is considered spam, but i was wondering when we might see a release date for this mod?

quick.... delete this post, Not allowed to ask release date related questions

I think the team are just finishing up a last patch for A2 version of I44 and all transferring onto the A3 mod...

so after the A2 patch released then we may expect a bit more information and progress

Greetings,

Here is some new music I wrote for the mod. Hope you enjoy.

SFG

This would be awesome i always loved the I44 for arma 2 OA. I think that D-day (operation overlord) should be brought in as well as the north african campaign, and you can play as desert fox's Afrika Korps. and i know you want to focus on the western front in europe, but a battle of stalingrad would be amazing as well as a battle of the bulge. And from the arma 2 I44 all the guns, tanks, airplanes and cannons were all nearly perfect. one thing that would be really cool is if large bombers such as the junkers ju 390 and the b-29 super fortress were incorporated into this addon along with the fighter planes. As the for the tanks, i think it should be nearly the same. one thing that would probably make this game lag pretty hard but a railway gun like the Schwerer Gustav 800mm.

The Terrain builder is out now as well. I'd bet it wont be to much longer fellows. Be patient. Modding is not an easy task. If you get in a hurry you get stuff like AISS. Good idea, good concept, with 10 kazillion updates that didnt make much of a difference. Be patient don't Rush them and I'd bet you, you will not be disappointed. ;)

Yeah, now that terrain builder is out shouldn't be long. i'm sure one of the main reason we haven't heard much is they were waiting to finished a terrain or two to play all the glory they are creating on.

I think it would be awesome to have a campaign or at least some scenarios set in a greek island (real or fictional), maybe even using modified Altis and Stratis.

Crete could probably be a great inspiration. German paradrop and landings, greek resistance, british troops fleeing, british agents aiding the resistance.

Other than this, Sicily and southern Italy would also be a great scenario. In that case it would be necessary to create italian units and vehicles too though.

I think it would be awesome to have a campaign or at least some scenarios set in a greek island (real or fictional), maybe even using modified Altis and Stratis.

Crete could probably be a great inspiration. German paradrop and landings, greek resistance, british troops fleeing, british agents aiding the resistance.

Other than this, Sicily and southern Italy would also be a great scenario. In that case it would be necessary to create italian units and vehicles too though.

THIS! Because in real life Stratis is the island of Lemnos and it was occupied by german army during the WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Triple_Occupation_of_Greece.png

Could you people please stop requesting completely new mods here? They are already working on Invasion 44, set in Normandy in 1944. If you want another mod, ask someone who is not already busy to do that.