SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

If you guys need help with any German aircraft emblems (if you have them in your MOD), I can be of great service!

Thanks I know Gnat has done some work on the planes insignia as part of his 2.7 update that nearing release for A2 but as A3 will be using a slightly altered roster we may well need that info so keep it handy!

A magic "push to complete" button to finish all mod-work requested for all us modmakers.

I call mine Macolik :D

@PacUK

Sometimes I think people believe this is how we actually work I'm tempted to write up a breakdown of what actually goes into adding a unit to I44's roster!

No doubt. lol Writing a simple few codes is very difficult to me. I could not imagine what goes into modeling and writing the programs just to make 1 unit work much less alllllll the units and islands you guys put into all the i44 you've done. You guys are great!!! ;)

About the setting (island, story etc) of this mod...One suggestion... There is this great old WWII book (and movie) called THE GUNS OF NAVAROVE. Enough said :)

About the setting (island, story etc) of this mod...One suggestion... There is this great old WWII book (and movie) called THE GUNS OF NAVAROVE. Enough said :)

Which are based on the Battle of Leros, in the Aegean ( the island could fit really well as it could use Altis buildings and textures, and it's small ).

Edited by MistyRonin
Adding links

Which are based on the Battle of Leros, in the Aegean ( the island could fit really well as it could use Altis buildings and textures, and it's small ).

True. I did not want to bore people with historical facts behind this book :)

ARMA 3 setting in context of island, landscape textures or even some buildings (well, maybe after some little changes like removing electronic devices) fits perfectly. Even now some places on Altis island remind unfortunate Mandracos town from the book/movie...

If somebody is interested in great performance of David Niven and Gregory Peck, the movie is here YOUTUBE

Edited by iguanapl

Cough Falschirmjaeger and Brandenburgers cough

Nice idea Misty. Never heard about the Brandenburgers until now, so seeing them alongside Fallschirmjager would be awesome. Any other tiny Greek islands that could work even better, though?

The difficulty in utilising the Brandenburgers is the uniforms were no different to Whermacht uniforms, so you wouldn't able to distinguish them from other units, as opposed to Waffen SS, and Falchirmjaeger units, however given the terrain in Altis and Stratis, making Gebirsgjaeger units from both the SS and Whermacht wouln't look out of place.

Any chance we could see some cooperation with TacBF and Inv44 to enhance the PvP experience of Inv44?

TacBF already has 3 solid PvP game modes, simple radial menu, advanced medic system, suppression, squad management system, logistic and vehicle repair systems etc.

Excited for this, if you need help with missions / scripts I can help, this is a sleeping giant waiting to be unleashed and in my opinion I found I44 to be one of the best total conversion mods for ARMA 2, better then ACE in some aspects and can't wait :D

If you will implement these things, I'll be very happy...

I'm a map-maker and I'm constantly searching these details, in case of I44 I need things like '40 civilians and cars. There are not necessary, I know, but if they will be implemented, you would make a really badass mod.

It's just this my last post.

This is most excellent news! Recently I've begun exploring the ALiVE system and all I could think about is what it could do for famous WWII battles! I really, REALLY miss snow too. Hope you guys port/make some good winter maps.

Maybe now that there is the Arma Toolbox for Blender (A3) I can even help contribute some of the civilian period correct cars, etc. too.

nice to see!! :)

So is this a full port of the invasion44 v2 to arma3, or a generaly acomplete new mod?

Come on tly3r99. You know better to ask these types of questions. It's spam mate. When there is news it will be posted.

Believe it or not, just seen this thread!

Very glad that a new version of I44 will be hitting the Arma3 beach head!

Will be watching this with anticipation :)

Come on tly3r99. You know better to ask these types of questions. It's spam mate. When there is news it will be posted.

my apologies guys, I just watched a ww2 film and got a bit excited :(

my apologies guys, I just watched a ww2 film and got a bit excited :(

Been watching 'Combat!' on youtube:

this is a thing i noticed in Arma 2 remember tha you don't have modern planes that start up and take off in 1 minute a DC-3 (c-47) take around 1 minute just to turn the engines on

still can't wait to fly over the maps in a dakota

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

By the way PM me if you have questions about details of things my dad has his own company were he makes replica ww2 books and manuals and I collet stuff from ww1 ww2 and vietnam so if you need any info you can PM me would love to help you guys with the great work you do on the mod

can there be a paradrop module? so its easy to make an D-DAY paradrop... its been my wish for ages

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

oh and will the AA guns produce flak? or can you implement an easier way to produce the flak effect for these types of missions?

Can't wait for the release of this mod <3 I've gone back with my clan recently to ArmA 2 just to charge up the beach on normandy, oh god, I love how intense it gets.. enable ACRE and all you hear is a guy 100meters away crying for a bangalore while the flamethrower just jumps up and lights shit ablaze.. Oh lord. This is definitely a favorite.

Wow looks great, can't wait to play this mod. I second tyl3r99's post

can there be a paradrop module? so its easy to make an D-DAY paradrop... its been my wish for ages
:yay: Edited by MasterArrow1