SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Has there ever been talk of having the Germans carrying their rifle in their right hand as they run? At least IMO, it kind of ruins the immersion to see them running with the rifle with two hands (not that there were probably some that ran with both hands on the rifle).

Will there be german voice commands in A3 aswell?

At some point we certainly hope there to be.

Has there ever been talk of having the Germans carrying their rifle in their right hand as they run?

For a long time. We just don't have the resources to carry it out especially with A3 the only real way to do it would be with a full mocap session and the animation work to do the post work on the recorded data. We might be able to rig something basic but for now its not something we are able to do much about.

I'd assume the German protocol in Arma 2 could maybe be carried over?

There's some differences which means it won't plug directly in, but we might be able to use a large portion of it still its not an area we've explored vastly yet.

At some point we certainly hope there to be.

For a long time. We just don't have the resources to carry it out especially with A3 the only real way to do it would be with a full mocap session and the animation work to do the post work on the recorded data. We might be able to rig something basic but for now its not something we are able to do much about.

There's some differences which means it won't plug directly in, but we might be able to use a large portion of it still its not an area we've explored vastly yet.

Would be nice is BI hosted some kind of community MoCap session every once and a while, were they create animations that moderns need/want.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16162

Edited by ProGamer

As far as the walking animation is concerned, perhaps you could use the unused animations mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23337

Would be nice is BI hosted some kind of community MoCap session every once and a while, were they create animations that moderns need/want.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16162

We need animation that does not make the soldiers look like Robocop or Terminator!!

Also a shoot from the hip animation. Fire your Thompson from the hip.

Very nice work, really looking forward to this. The only thing I thought was a bit off was the animation when reloading the Mauser, looked slow and weird. RO2 is noted for v. nice animations on the reloads (but probably you've played it and know already).

Hello I am new at this and since I saw the I44 I loved it since I am a fan of the games of WW2 and wanted to ask if it could add a similar map to this [

] [
] in the mod of I44 as serious a beauty, as I said I am new to this but whatever they need photos, information, etc ... notify :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stalingrad

Edited by D3M0Nik

Hello I am new at this and since I saw the I44 I loved it since I am a fan of the games of WW2 and wanted to ask if it could add a similar map to this [
] [
] in the mod of I44 as serious a beauty, as I said I am new to this but whatever they need photos, information, etc ... notify :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stalingrad

Lol...

Hi D3Monik, you wont see that in I44, I44 has a western theme to it, and will probably be in the Mediterranean aspect for Arma3 from what I been reading, Stalingrad being in the Soviet union would also require Russian soldiers to fight against too, and the I44 team wont be doing the Ostfront aspect of the war.

If you want the Ostfront then look into Iron front Liberation 1944

As far as the walking animation is concerned, perhaps you could use the unused animations mod:

Those are missing some transitions which can make things look even weirder.

We need animation that does not make the soldiers look like Robocop or Terminator!!

Also a shoot from the hip animation. Fire your Thompson from the hip.

Definitely the sort of thing we'd love to do, if we had access to the facilities to produce motion capped animations... but we don't, yet.

and wanted to ask if it could add a similar map to this

As Gunter said, we don't have any CURRENT plans to cover that part of the war, but that's not to say we might not in future, or that a map similar to Stalingrad won't happen. There's plenty of ruined towns and cities that were in the areas we do plan to cover in the immediate future so there may be something similar, if not exactly Stalingrad :)

and the I44 team wont be doing the Ostfront aspect of the war.

We have no plans to currently, but things can always change. However we are more inclined to cover some less well covered parts of WW2 with A3 so we won't say never, just not yet :)

If it is mediterranean then monte cassino is a must with fallschirmjager!!!

I think that Greece would make it too, with Italian and German troops, and Greeks skirmishing.

I'd love that too :)

But I'm positive that the team will come up with something enjoyable, whatever the scenario might be.

Happy modding

&

cheers,

D.

Here's an idea stop requesting and let them get the mod out first

What with the Greek accented English, I'm thinking Crete is probably the best option. Unless the team go the Bohemia Interactive way of making up a new island based on a real one, which wouldn't be too bad either. A whole new island suited to I44's needs, eh?

A whole new island suited to I44's needs, eh?

Nar, we can call the Solar Power Stations "Nazi V2 test facility", the Wave Power Stations "Anti-Shipping mines" and the Wind Turbines ....... "Propeller test facilities", surely ?

I think there is only one horrible thing... the uniforms are so tight, and this is a little bit unrealistic.

Can you realize something like this?

And another thing... Why in I44 mod there aren't civilian cars and '40 civilian clothes?

For the rest, i love you and this fantastic mod.

Because they are concentrating on making the WW2 part of the mod, I guess civilians will come later but they are not as important and would take vaulable time away from making the stuff people will need as civilian stuff would have to be scratch made.

Adding features to a large mod like this is as easy as snapping your fingers....a complete set of period correct vehicles? Snap, done. Period correct clothes? Done, what's next?

</Sarcasm> :rolleyes:

... the uniforms are so tight, and this is a little bit unrealistic. Can you realize something like this?

And another thing... Why in I44 mod there aren't civilian cars and '40 civilian clothes?

The characters used in these screenshots are models from ArmA1 converted to A2, and now A3, there have been some enhancements with each iteration but they are really at the end of their usable life right now. Macolik was using the old models as test cases for bringing new infantry equipment (as now they are effectively uniforms not character models) so we could begin testing how we would gear up our units using the various clothing and armour inventory slots. At some point we plan to implement completely new models which are already in production.

With regards to civilians, simply we haven't had the time, people or resources to add them. We're primarily focused on combat, Allied Vs Axis producing civilian gear and equipment takes up as much time as military hardware. There's plenty of content we'd like to add ourselves and that people are asking for that have a higher value to the gameplay than any civilian units could provide so they remain a lower priority. Its not that we wouldn't want civilians cars, or resistance units etc, simply that in the areas we've focused on so far, they just weren't necessary.

Adding features to a large mod like this is as easy as snapping your fingers....a complete set of period correct vehicles? Snap, done. Period correct clothes? Done, what's next?

</Sarcasm>

Sometimes I think people believe this is how we actually work :D I'm tempted to write up a breakdown of what actually goes into adding a unit to I44's roster!

If you guys need help with any German aircraft emblems (if you have them in your MOD), I can be of great service!