SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Yes I agree,but i've heard that devs want to make new models for vehicles and not port over the ones from opf/arma/a2

If they can just port the models of A2 I44 to A3 for me it's super anyway...just i don't think it's possible to port directly vehicles...and no ones released a proper arma3 vehicle iirc...maybe we have to wait until bis release proper tools

Hey guys, first of all thanks for the kind words and for talking about the mod.

You haven't heard wrong, we do want to create more fresh and new content for A3, BUT don't let that fool you. There are plenty of assets that still look great and will look even better with the lighting and effects of A3. Tanks like Marss's Shermans for example looked, and STILL look fantastic. We will review every model on a case by case basis, our number 1 priority is as Gnat says, 'real gameplay' - We want to enjoy playing the mod with our fans, not showing off some pictures on the forums... (I'd never do that...) To that end, we're even talking about more smaller releases for A3. Why wait for a long time to model an entire army when we can release an infantry pack first? I44 2.6 certainly wasn't made in 1 release.

Keep checking in chaps, there is news on the horizon.

Is there any plans to create new WW2 centric animations? (Movement with rifles down low, or at the side instead of constantly shouldered which is a newer "Tactikool" style movement?)

For some reason the idea of Arma 3 anims with ww2 units kinda kills it for me, and don't get me wrong, I Love the WW2 setting, and have been playing I44 mods since OFP, just curious if this is an issue worth fixing for you guys.

My handmade maya animations would never reach the quality level of BI's mocap'd anims. So unless we get a real mocap studio, or someone who can make really good looking walkcycles by hand, no :/ I personally got used to A3's animation set. It's certainly better than A2's.

Awesome, the only thing is that the uniforms look like plastic. But i understand it's a WIP, hope you are gonna fix it. ;)

Awesome, the only thing is that the uniforms look like plastic. But i understand it's a WIP, hope you are gonna fix it. ;)

No problem, changed.

New WIP pic :)

green%20soldiers-001.jpg

Gnat;2556387']No problem' date=' changed.

New WIP pic :)[/quote']

The materials seems to be a bit off... Nice renders however (I loll'd)

The materials seems to be a bit off... Nice renders however (I loll'd)

Though the animations are a little too....static :lookaround:

I have to say, since the last few days you guys have been making lightening progress! It's really quick. Are there more people working for the A3 version? Also is there a set setting? Africa etc. I am also curious if we still get the amazing health system.

Great going, one more thing.... We the new A3 inventory system will we see things such as parachutes as backpacks? Making supply crates a lot more valuable. Or things such as different uniforms that you can take of, etc.

Once again. Great mod, great progress.

ah Gnat, lolol those are trully great textures ;) good old times! anyway great job on your work I44 Team love to see the new stuff.

This look amazing and promising! One question has been burning in the back of my mind since A3's underwater theme was announced: Will I44 have walkable U-Boats at some point?

...To that end, we're even talking about more smaller releases for A3. Why wait for a long time to model an entire army when we can release an infantry pack first? I44 2.6 certainly wasn't made in 1 release.

Keep checking in chaps, there is news on the horizon.

This is _very_ good news! Really makes my day! :D

Will I44 have walkable U-Boats at some point?

It's not something we have planned mainly due to the production required to achieve it, if you're offering to help make one though we wouldn't turn our nose up at one :)

I have to say, since the last few days you guys have been making lightening progress! It's really quick. Are there more people working for the A3 version? Also is there a set setting? Africa etc. I am also curious if we still get the amazing health system.

Great going, one more thing.... We the new A3 inventory system will we see things such as parachutes as backpacks?

Trust me development didn't all happen in the past few days, it just got to a point where we could show off a lot more :) There are a few extra hands that have joined, and a few old members that have become active again (or just had some spare time to do some I44 work outside of RL responsibilities). We're looking at a mediterranean setting, though no pecise locales have been decided on yet but we'll look to be making use of as much of A3's content (such as foliage) to reduce initial production time, with more varied regions coming in further down the line. Health system is still up for grabs, we may convert our current system, start from scratch from the new one, or just tweak the existing A3 systems. Now that we have infantry running about and shooting each other we'll probably be discussing this as a team more now. The new options provided by A3's inventory will be used to increase the gameplay options yes, what specifically these will be we don't really know yet once we have more information and have had time to try various options we'll be able to provide more information on how we'll use them.

Thanks everyone for the continued interest and support, don't forget to visit our moddb page http://www.moddb.com/mods/invasion-1944-v3!

Hey, awesome news - I'm glad your son likes it! Though... is he old enough for A3 :P

Not sure about the compatability thing, we would have to see nearer the release date!

He he he he yeh he is a little over a year from draftable age. Thanks for your response. BTW seen the video. Looks as good as usual. ;)

"...To that end, we're even talking about more smaller releases for A3. Why wait for a long time to model an entire army when we can release an infantry pack first? I44 2.6 certainly wasn't made in 1 release.

Keep checking in chaps, there is news on the horizon."

YESSSS :D:D

This is interesting... About the medical system, will we see something along the lines of simply bandaging/healing or will it go into further detail with morphine and all the others. Also, will we see AT rifles? They for example could be used by "Resistance" (If there are any) for disabling light/medium tanks. The perfect AT weapon for trenches, and for groups of infantry (If they don't get AT launchers :I )

What type of maps will we be seeing in A3, Normandy, Belgium??

as it might be possible with arma 3 now can we have a Holland map based around the MARKET GARDEN OA?

...and the Americans.

I played alot i44 in A2 and it was really amazing, i cant wait to play this in A3, the animation looks more fluent and also the gear looks more authentic than in A2. Do you also make a video for the german site ?

i cant wait to play this in A3, the animation looks more fluent and also the gear looks more authentic than in A2. Do you also make a video for the german site ?

100% Agree. Now it feels more immersive ( I guess that the new A3 light system helps a bit too ).

And I'd also love to see a video for the german side.

An idea for you guys, for the bolting of the rifles, the m320

in Arma3 has a bolting action animation, where the guy removes the clip, and then puts a new one in, and then rebolts the rifle,

Im wondering if you were to cut that clip part out of that animation and apply that to those soldiers who use the bolt action rifles that you would

have a semi default animation for the rebolting.

Your thoughts I44 team.

You can't rrally cut animations with the existing Tools. We make our own just like we Made back for a2