SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Italian torpedo riders?

That would be nice, especially with a nice 'little' static representing the HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Valiant... ;)

But seriously: Crete/Greece/Italy would be nice indeed. But I'm sure that whatever scenario you guys come up with, it will be great.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Italians invented midgetsubs

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siluro_a_lenta_corsa

they called them "siluro a lenta corsa" slowrunningtorpedo nicknamed "maiale" pig

with those weapons they sunk 2 battleships and a lot of other british ships.

It's a pity that in wikipedia there isn't an english article...maybe they are still upset...

Yeah I would love to see the Italian/Sicilian Theater be the main focus of ARMA 3's I44 since it hardly gets any attention compared to Western Europe and North Africa. But I think Southern France would be interesting to cover as well since ARMA I and II's I44 focused primarily on Northwestern France and the Low Countries. But it's up to the devs on what they want to do.

Midget Subs? Did the germans have those? Or did someone spout out an addon request for the wrong theatre of war during WWII?

Looking good I44 team.

Germans developed and used in the Western European Theater a lot of midget subs, here you have the models.

Really excited about WWII mods for Arma 3. Do you actually collaborate with the Normandy mod, so you don't create similar content twice?

Looking great I loved A2 I44 and can't wait to try this.

If you're still taking suggestions on where to take the mod here are a couple of suggestions although a lot are very ambitious;

1. Fortification strengths and penetration, with the new ballistic models in A3 I can see bunker fortification being the bee knees of this mod (Storming Sevastopol anyone?)

2. The rightful giants of the battlefield returning, Armour and Air. Infantry should be running at the sound of enemy tracks.

3. Russians!

4. If you guys are making new maps heavy forest areas would be awesome or marshes

5. Some of my personal favourite tanks King Tiger, Tiger(s), Stug(s), Jadpathers, KV1s, Panzer IVs, Firefly, T34, Super Pershing(s). (If 1 gets implemented you need Thor and Odin)

6. Ability to equip enemy Uniforms

7. Camouflage ability I have no idea if this can be implemented but if you're near trees you could possibly cover yourself in leaves and shrubs to make yourself harder to spot?.

8. Artillery! Can't believe I almost forgot this! If Fortifications play a bigger role in I44A3 we'll need some proper SP-art and art positions.

9. German speak German, Americans speak English. If this is possible could the team hear the localized language but the enemy would hear English/German commands?

The biggest thing I would like to see is a more interesting firefight between fortified positions and being able to pour so much fire on a defensive building that it is render useless to the enemy till the firing ceases. Also seeing art shells penetrate a concrete bunker and then explode inside would be an awesome if not scary sight I remembering reading that Thor was penetrating 2 or 3m of solid concrete :O.

Finally with the hand gestures could you guys also add a banter function, yelling at the Jerries that they couldn't hit the board side of a barn would add a little fun to MP.

Hello everyone, thanks for keeping up to date with the Invasion 1944 thread.

A little treat for those German sniping fans among you... I bring you the ZF41 scope (Yes, we do plan on making the ZF42 also ;) )

Enjoy!

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/1360/luyc.jpg (1103 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img401/4206/8rgs.jpg (1477 kB)

And Peaty, thanks for your extensive suggestions, but we have already decided what direction we want to follow for A3. Don't let that stop you following the mod though, I'm sure you'll find something you like! :)

Thanks to everyone that follows us!

Guy

A little treat for those German sniping fans among you... I bring you the ZF41 scope (Yes, we do plan on making the ZF42 also ;) )

Enjoy!

I really love how the rifle wooden stock looks, and of course this beautiful scope :)

You got the shape of the mounting not 100% right (right side slimmer than left side)

http://taka25ban.sakura.ne.jp/zf41e1.jpg

Sorry I have a life

P.S. Raymears has some great offers on Anoraks this season: http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/957-Swazi-Ray-Mears-AEGIS-Tahr-Anorak/

I love you really and in all honesty, if I get some freetime I'll fix this up for you, but my priority at the moment is getting a few other models done and dusted ;)

Edited by Guy123
To not sound like such a c*ck

I've probably said it once already, BUT I really really really cant wait for the release of this!!!! lol Hey guys I was wondering how hard it would be to make another mod compatible with this on its release? Not sure how far AISS will be when this is released, BUT I wouldn't be telling the truth If I said this mod wasn't my in mind when I started writing my umm amateurish mod. lol If it anything like I44 arma 2 I will most likely have to turn off some of the features on my mod. No worries if your to busy to respond. LOL My mediocre mod is not even the size of an Ant to and Elephant compared to what you guys are doing. lol

That being said.... I really really really cant wait! Looking soooo forward to its release. By the way my Son is now playing this. He was a baby when I 1st played OFP and I44 or what ever the WWII mod was for that one. He was just getting old enough to play when arma 2 was released. He is always asking me when I44 and Terminator mod's are going to be released. lol I tell him "remember how long it took for Dad to release his mod? Remember how small he said it was? Well there's is like the Sun compared to mars as my mod is to I44." lol I think he understood that. His eyes got big and a got a big teenage whistle out of him. lol ANYWAYS enough of my babble; you guys are great! Keep up the good work. You have a new young fan now. ;) Figured hearing something like this makes it worth while. I know it would to me. :)

Sorry I have a life

P.S. Raymears has some great offers on Anoraks this season: http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/957-Swazi-Ray-Mears-AEGIS-Tahr-Anorak/

I love you really and in all honesty, if I get some freetime I'll fix this up for you, but my priority at the moment is getting a few other models done and dusted ;)

Hey,just trying to help. ;) Only noticed because I saw the real gun once.

Did you know the scope is just a slide-on, removeable with one hand? (you can perhaps make 1 model, for the standard, this scope and the larger one)

Sorry if this is something you're allready working on, or if it takes too much time.

Hey,just trying to help. ;) Only noticed because I saw the real gun once.

Did you know the scope is just a slide-on, removeable with one hand? (you can perhaps make 1 model, for the standard, this scope and the larger one)

Sorry if this is something you're allready working on, or if it takes too much time.

Cool, didn't know it was applicable with just one hand!

Yep, I just finished the ZF42 model and imported it so expect some screenshots soon!

Guy

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I've probably said it once already, BUT I really really really cant wait for the release of this!!!! lol Hey guys I was wondering how hard it would be to make another mod compatible with this on its release? Not sure how far AISS will be when this is released, BUT I wouldn't be telling the truth If I said this mod wasn't my in mind when I started writing my umm amateurish mod. lol If it anything like I44 arma 2 I will most likely have to turn off some of the features on my mod. No worries if your to busy to respond. LOL My mediocre mod is not even the size of an Ant to and Elephant compared to what you guys are doing. lol

That being said.... I really really really cant wait! Looking soooo forward to its release. By the way my Son is now playing this. He was a baby when I 1st played OFP and I44 or what ever the WWII mod was for that one. He was just getting old enough to play when arma 2 was released. He is always asking me when I44 and Terminator mod's are going to be released. lol I tell him "remember how long it took for Dad to release his mod? Remember how small he said it was? Well there's is like the Sun compared to mars as my mod is to I44." lol I think he understood that. His eyes got big and a got a big teenage whistle out of him. lol ANYWAYS enough of my babble; you guys are great! Keep up the good work. You have a new young fan now. ;) Figured hearing something like this makes it worth while. I know it would to me. :)

Hey, awesome news - I'm glad your son likes it! Though... is he old enough for A3 :P

Not sure about the compatability thing, we would have to see nearer the release date!

Hey all, after you've finished watching SFG's awesome video, have a look at this - the next in our collection of scopes.

pw0y.jpg

That vid looks and sounds awesome... already getting the WW2 feeling when watching it :)

100% agree

the vehicles worry me,i think with new standard set by A3 we have to wait years before obtain the mass of vehicles,tanks and planes present in A2 I44

the vehicles worry me,i think with new standard set by A3 we have to wait years before obtain the mass of vehicles,tanks and planes present in A2 I44

LOL, 50,000 poly models with uber textures are nice for sure, but no substitute for variety and real gameplay.

Lovin the posts boys!

Gnat;2556086']LOL' date=' 50,000 poly models with uber textures are nice for sure, but no substitute for variety and real gameplay.

Lovin the posts boys![/quote']

Yes I agree,but i've heard that devs want to make new models for vehicles and not port over the ones from opf/arma/a2

If they can just port the models of A2 I44 to A3 for me it's super anyway...just i don't think it's possible to port directly vehicles...and no ones released a proper arma3 vehicle iirc...maybe we have to wait until bis release proper tools

Getting the i44 models & scripts ported to ArmA3 isn't very hard, but this typically doesn't take advantage of the new ArmA3 features. PhysX, new MP script commands for example.

Time and hard work only changes that.

Some models, textures & scripts are passable as is. Some will benefit enough from a few " touch-ups", but others have their roots still in OFP and will need to be replaced.

But .... it will always have to be a balance between resources available (like people) vs. time available.