SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Any chance for Pacific Theater? Would love an Iwo Jima map :)

Ejem... :rolleyes:

Gnat;2438530']i44 team have clearly stated that they are neither doing the Eastern Front nor the Pacific. Others have that covered.

Has anyone run Arma 2 I44 in Arma3 yet using the All in Arma mod to provide the Arma 2 base? I haven't bought Arma 3 yet but I would consider doing it if Arma 2 I44 ran in it without too many issues using this method.

Has anyone run Arma 2 I44 in Arma3 yet using the All in Arma mod to provide the Arma 2 base? I haven't bought Arma 3 yet but I would consider doing it if Arma 2 I44 ran in it without too many issues using this method.

The vehicles work well, but IMO you shouldn't buy A3 only cuz you can play I44 content with AiA. If you are only interested in I44, I'd say to wait until they make a huge release.

On the other hand, if you are interested in all the improvements that A3 brings and the new "reality", then go for it ( IMO is completely worth it, but you better do some research to avoid certain expectations ).

The vehicles work well, but IMO you shouldn't buy A3 only cuz you can play I44 content with AiA. If you are only interested in I44, I'd say to wait until they make a huge release.

On the other hand, if you are interested in all the improvements that A3 brings and the new "reality", then go for it ( IMO is completely worth it, but you better do some research to avoid certain expectations ).

It seems that CQB is better in Arma3, so I44 Arma2 assets running on that engine....could be a good experience until Arma3 I44 comes out.

AiA will NOT make I44 for A2 work in A3, it will load and some units are viewable but its not playable and crash when you do most things.

How is the tank damage system gonna be like in the A3 version? Binary (penetration based) or cumulative point system?

How is the tank damage system gonna be like in the A3 version? Binary (penetration based) or cumulative point system?

I would imagine we'll continue to use Animosity's amazing tank damage system in A3. If you aren't familiar with it, it basically turns I44 into a tank sim; taking into account many factors which will affect penetration and damage taken. There might be some slight enhancements added depending on whats possible with A3.

AiA will NOT make I44 for A2 work in A3, it will load and some units are viewable but its not playable and crash when you do most things.

Thanks, that has saved me 40 quid :)

I would imagine we'll continue to use Animosity's amazing tank damage system in A3. If you aren't familiar with it, it basically turns I44 into a tank sim; taking into account many factors which will affect penetration and damage taken. There might be some slight enhancements added depending on whats possible with A3.

Oh, sounds good. Might we even see some of the interiors of the tanks recreated à la Red Orchestra 1 and Darkest Hour?

Thanks, that has saved me 40 quid

Not quite sure what that means, from what I've seen though a number of people aren't even aware we have basically a fully fledged tank sim damage model in ArmA2 with custom destruction effects (which we'll be enhancing with more visual damage systems for A3 where possible) this may in part be due to it using features only available in the Beta patches (and 1.63 if it ever gets released, c'mon BI!) and without it tanks tend to just pop on the first hit. Or on the flip side those used to A2's standard tanks explosions thinking our tanks are now invulnerable when they're shooting HE on the front angled plate of a Panther ;) On that note there are further enhacements coming to the A2 system in 2.7 that will of course carry over as well, such as the new feature of having someone in the 'Loader' slot actually decreasing reload time :)

Oh, sounds good. Might we even see some of the interiors of the tanks recreated à la Red Orchestra 1 and Darkest Hour?

A couple of Vex's tank models do actually have interiors already though not fully textured/modelled yet (Pz IV and Tiger). We hope to bring these into use at some point, time just made that impossible for A2. They may not be in the initial releases but its something we've all wanted for a long time but time-constraints have always led development and we'd rather get a unit out and playable than add a feature that while pretty, does little to add to the actual gameplay.

Not quite sure what that means

Just meant that I won't be buying Arma 3 at the moment, I would only have bought it if I could have got Arma 2 I44 working on it, as it is I will wait until your mod is ready on Arma 3. By which time it may not be 40 quid any more.

Yes, the tank warfare in I44 is excellent.

Will we see Japanese units and vehicles in the mod? Along with carriers for all sides?

The Japanese had these really cool submarine aircraft carriers that would be awesome in Arma 3! Pretty much just using attachto to store them in the sub or something like that. And don't forget the Kamakazi pilots! (not trying to be offensive to anyone)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-400-class_submarine

Will we see Japanese units and vehicles in the mod? Along with carriers for all sides?

Didn't they state somewhere that this mod is only about the western European Front? :rolleyes:

Gnat;2438530']i44 team have clearly stated that they are neither doing the Eastern Front nor the Pacific. Others have that covered.
Edited by MistyRonin
Adding quote

Quick update on one of the models, we also have this working in A2 and are looking to get it into the next and final A2 release!

Finally a change from the old OFP model! (it did us proud).

It looks really awesome! Good job! Can't wait to play with it.

can I ask how big the map will be compared to altis?

..... its not a competition between Mods, so please dont start anything like that.

And how could this even be answered when we dont even have tools yet.