SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Also, if your'e really interested in the pacific there's Rising Storm, great game in my opinion (if your'e after infantry battles).

i44 team have clearly stated that they are neither doing the Eastern Front nor the Pacific. Others have that covered.

As for a BoB opportunity within the A3 i44, all going well with the A2OA "2.7" upgrade, there may be an opportunity to bring worthy Aircraft models into A3, but it's questionable if there'll be enough to call it "BoB"

Certainly enough for some good air combat.

*cross fingers for proper aircraft multi-turret hard-code in A3*

Please don't spam the thread with requests for updates. When there are things to talk about, they will be posted :)

Would you be interested in adding free french forces if someone were to provide the models or would it not fit with your timeframe

As we are unsure of what timeframe the A3 mod will actually cover at this point, we'd be interested in any artists that wish to provide content for us. As always send us samples of your work and we'll try to get back to you as soon as we can.

PacUK, do you have any new screens that could show us the actual state of the mod?

I think that crete invasion could be cool with Altis terrain.

There's really very little to show at this point, pretty much everything you see on this thread is as far as development has gotten, we're still lacking a lot of information to even make it possible to start work on the mod full steam, and our priority is to finish and release 2.7 before the focus shifts (as moving to A3 development will prevent any further work on A2). As any kind of release will be months away anyway we'd much rather leave 2.7 for ArmA2 in a stable and complete form which makes transitioning those elements we do want to keep over to A3 much simpler. A lot of content just is not suitable (we had enough complaints about it when it was A1 content ported to A2) so we require a lot of new blood in the team to be able to produce the new models required and so on. As always when there's information to release, or pics/vids to show we'll post them.

Of the content we have posted, that's purely test work Macolik did to see what was required to get content running within A3 and it wasn't even distributed among the team (I haven't played with any of it at all myself). So it's not like we're sat here playing away, or can click our fingers and move the content over. Ideally we want to have as many systems in place and working before we start any kind of full fledged port work so we can implement features from the get go and build units to make use of them (armor system, plane overhaul etc) and the new A3 features.

Those of you saying "Just port the A2 content in already" obviously missed the year or more of development it took from A2's release to port the A1 content into the game before anything was released playable to the public. Development is a long slow process, we don't function as a commercial game product would with deadline, milestones, or any type of funding. All this work has to be done around people's real life jobs and studies for little to no reward other than the odd thanks (and lots of demands for more content...) so as always be patient, when it's ready you will know! A3 has only just been released officially so thanks for the interest and excitement, but please have some patience!

Anyone wishing to help in development feel free to get in touch with sample work we are ALWAYS looking for team members!

the only thing that upset me with i44 on arma 2 was that the german side. i could not understand any unit names in the editor??????? i.e. "fjhrjv22xpwk" - panzer.

could we make it all english :D then i would actually use the german side a lot more

I agree, couldn't read a single thing! You have the right idea, hopefully they follow!

I agree, couldn't read a single thing! You have the right idea, hopefully they follow!

Devs said that they prefer a realistical naming of units,and i agree with them,panzers must be panzers not tanks

Yes, if you don't understand the designations, look them up on Wikipedia, or better, find some books and read up on WWII combat vehicles. Having strange, unofficial, translated designations will just make things confusing.

I'm guessing you mean PzKpf. = Panzerkampfwagen, not really to hard to figure out what each unit is, just place them and give them a looksee. Some don't really have any other official name than their proper names as we have used. Panther = V, Tiger = VI E, King Tiger = VI B.

I'd prefer the original names, to me that makes more sense, for example if someone wants to do some research about them.

Btw, is really HEMTT easier than PzKpf? :rolleyes:

Note: The Panzer VIb shouldn't be translated as bengal tiger instead of king? To me the direct translation doesn't make sense.

Edited by MistyRonin

Note: The Panzer VIb shouldn't be translated as bengal tiger instead of king? To me the direct translation doesn't make sense.

To the best of my knowledge, the Allies called the it "King Tiger", even if the translation isn't the right one. I don't even think that Königstiger was the official name to begin with, the name was Tiger II or Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausführung B.

I think it is good that they use Historic correct names.

If you dont know what it means you will learn it while you use the editor or just GOOGLE it or Wiki it!

:smash:

sicilysicilysicilysicilysicilysicilysicily :cool:

I would love to able to fight some italians!

yes yes yes!

Any chance for Pacific Theater? Would love an Iwo Jima map :)

Very excited for this mod none the less! Keep up the good work guys! :)