SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Hello there

I can understand a bilingual relabeling of a unit from Arzt to arzt/medic for example, but I would prefer to keep the vehicle name to their "common" Germanic identification. ie Panther Ausf. D / SDKFZ etc.

I'm also from the UK

Rgds

LoK

I was under the impression that 'Sanitater / Sani' was German for medic?

I was under the impression that 'Sanitater / Sani' was German for medic?

That's true. Arzt is the word for a proper doctor you'd find in a field hospital.

I've been waiting for this announcement, good luck i44 developers!

i have no clue how to read german.... maybe i will copy/paste some classnames and translate and hang a list on my wall so i know who the hell im placing lol

I like to think it adds to the immersion somewhat. being an American infantry guy and not really knowing which tank it is thats about to blow me up kind of makes it funner IMO. And besides, no offense, but it isnt that hard to just look up the vehicle.

I like to think it adds to the immersion somewhat. being an American infantry guy and not really knowing which tank it is thats about to blow me up kind of makes it funner IMO. And besides, no offense, but it isnt that hard to just look up the vehicle.

My Grandfather was a ranger in WWII. He didn't know there was anything other than a tiger tank all the way up till he passed away. The World wide web didn't really come till a year or two after his death, or wasn't really that popular just yet. lol I digress... I guess when you have a big metal thing on tracks with a cannon on it, it really didn't matter what it was called. But yeh I think you are correct on the immersion part. Bad thing is I can look at most and have a good guess at what it is. lol

UNSUNG isn't in Vietnamese is it...

it would be more user friendly if a soldier was called "soldier"

A tiger tank was called Tiger

especially when you get different types of German soldier i.e. SS etc..

or at least make an optional PBO???? surely that could be a resolution?

@I44 devs, would that be easier? if an optional PBO was made so it would turn the German names English?

Tiger really impressed those allies soldiers much in the Western front. They called all German panzers Tiger...

Tiger really impressed those allies soldiers much in the Western front. They called all German panzers Tiger...

ok then call them tiger 1, tiger 2, tiger 3, tiger 4,5,6,7,8,9. :P

someone must understand my point of view PLEASE?

Point understood, but i never met any person that is into WW2 and play with WW2 mods that has no knowledge or even knows the names of the actual tanks.

Im doubting i44 team would do such a thing to make an alt file just to have all the names in English, its understandable but then i dont think it would be to hard,

i believe its just a matter of changing the name associated with the classname in the config and having an extra pbo to run that could overwrite the existing pbo, up to them.

But if your a WW2 buff suggest you learn a bit about the tanks, there not hard to figure out what they are, see here for a good references:

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzer-profiles-1917-1945 (from Achtung panzer - Attention! panzer) heres the profiles list/names of all German tanks WW2.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/ww2-german-tanks.asp

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/main.html

UNSUNG isn't in Vietnamese is it...

Perhaps it should be, but we're getting off topic and there's no reason for it to devolve into an argument (not saying it currently is). An optional PBO could be a solution, but obviously its up to the I44 Team. It's more time consuming than you'd think as every displayname for each unit,vehicle, and group must be translated to english in the config.

sorry guys didn't mean to get a bit full on i can understand your views as well as mine.

end of the day it will be what it will be i suppose.

thanks for listening anyway though :)

What about vehicles with no additional nicknames? Like the Sdkfz 222 & SdKfz 234 (SdKfz 234 is not Puma, the variant with 50mm is Puma). I think its the best to keep the vehicle names as is. After time you learn them anyways.

Would be SPV 222 then I guess (special purpose vehicle).

I also like the German names, but I'm biased since I know German.

..... i never met any person that is into WW2 and play with WW2 mods that has no knowledge or even knows the names of the actual tanks.

Agree

@tyl3r99

Take an interest in the history and you'll learn to recognise all the names be them German or English or American or Italian or French etc etc

As Leopard said, not everything has its own name (or number!).

Would be SPV 222 then I guess (special purpose vehicle).

I also like the German names, but I'm biased since I know German.

love the names of Deutsch panzer :)

The Jagdpanther (meaning "hunting panther" in German), dies ist gute vehicle fut going to der warenhaus...fur grocery's :)

1310852-jagdpanther9.jpg

being honest..... LOL

i like WW2 because of the films and history... unfortunately i did not really get into it that much to learn every tank etc...

but fair enough i will just have to deal with it like i did with arma 2. Google translate you are my friend :)

being honest..... LOL

i like WW2 because of the films and history... unfortunately i did not really get into it that much to learn every tank etc...

but fair enough i will just have to deal with it like i did with arma 2. Google translate you are my friend :)

shall i give you a lift to the offlicense? you should be able to hear my maybach engine coming up the road...if the not the screams of people running should let you know im close....lol

i do think that shells for tanks and static guns should have shell type in brackets beside the real name, so [iNSERT GERMAN NAME HERE] (HE) is what the ammo is called

shall i give you a lift to the offlicense? you should be able to hear my maybach engine coming up the road...if the not the screams of people running should let you know im close....lol

sweet id love a bottle of jack Daniel's, play arma 3 pissed up, that would be entertaining....

How about the Pacific? I'd like to see the Battle of Midway or Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Wake Island, etc. Africa sounds like a good idea too, but how about the Battle of Britain? It would put more focus on airplanes and air combat. Put those amazing planes to some good use.

Greece itself was contested by the British and Greek partisans.

Sicily, the largest island in the Mediterranean, was a hard fought campaign, British, American and Canadian forces.

How about the Pacific? I'd like to see the Battle of Midway or Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Wake Island, etc. Africa sounds like a good idea too, but how about the Battle of Britain? It would put more focus on airplanes and air combat. Put those amazing planes to some good use.

i like the idea of BOB.... love to shoot down some BF-109's