SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

I just thought that flashlights would be useful for night patrols. Maybe as an item in pistol slot?

Heh not too sure you'd want to light yourself up like that in a warzone it would make you a very easy target. Whether we'll do any type of flashlight has still yet to be discussed.

In the BAR's case, would the flip up sights also work as attachable optics?

Possibly, we're still learning whats possible with the system and what types of things we could actually implement with it. It's also very early days for A3 so there's still room for more features to become available over time so nothing too firm has been set yet.

Also, would the rifle-mounted grenade launchers be mounted similarly to suppressors since it goes on the muzzle, or still built in since it's a grenade launcher?

Macolik has done some research into the weapons and so far it appears we can't add extra muzzles (in a config sense) to the weapons using attachments, or at least if you can its not yet documented how. It will most likely be a while before we start full development on these systems and features (or our own alternatives when things aren't possible) but when we know we'll be sure to start showing off the new toys :)

Its great to see everyone so excited about the A3 version, please keep your suggestions coming! Also don't forget 2.66 and 2.7 for A2 are still in development and will be bringing some great additions and improvements before our focus shifts entirely to A3.

Here are some WIP shots of our U.S Infantrymen.

inf1.jpg

inf3.jpg

(We aim to destroy racism by ignoring historical facts...:P)

Edited by Macolik

I'm pretty excited for this mod, I hope it turns out well. I also think that a cool possibility is the war in the pacific. The island does seem to represent this in a lot of ways.

That would be awesome to have the mod based in the pacific... Using HBO's The Pacific as motivation ;)

This is going to be awesome, I very much look forward to this being released!!! I enjoyed the Arma 2 version a lot, but since I'm not too interrested in the futuristic weapons and equipment of Arma 3, I'll be spending a lot more time with this one. The WIP pics looks great! Thanks for all your great work to bring WWII into the Arma world.

A bit late, but let also me cheer the team's decision. Looking very much forward to future updates. The latest posted by Macolik instantly reminded me of this:

2CuDtzqetkw

Italy... yes, this should be a very refreshing setting after what we got earlier.

I hope this is going to be about Italy about the 82nd AIrborne paratroppers, US 82nd airborne glider infantery, US infantery and US air force. I also hope that if it is a Italy map too see a part of Tunesia so that for missions you can ship your infantery from there or send your airborne from the airfield(s) there

Will there be a Waco glider?

BR

Rob

the 82nd AIrborne paratroppers, US 82nd airborne glider infantery, US infantery and US air force.

The germans were also involved in WW2 :raisebrow:

That's a bunch of lies, fed by conspiracy theorists!

That's great news. I love the MTO lots of nice camo schemes and markings for both US and commenwealth vehicles. Perhaps we're going to see some 10th Mt. division units.

Didn't the Italians attempt a raid with midget submarines? The posebilities are endles.

I also think that a cool possibility is the war in the pacific.

Well Hell in the Pacific have already done a fantastic job on that so far with a lot more content to come, which is why we're looking to hook in with them for A3's development ;)

The latest posted by Macolik instantly reminded me of this:

Somehow that film passed me by will have to check it out for some terrain inspiration thanks for the link!

Will there be a Waco glider?

2.7 will add one to ArmA2 whether it will be in the content in A3 is not yet known but I would hope so at some point.

The germans were also involved in WW2

Lol, might also wanna mention the Italians while we're there I suppose...

I also hope that if it is a Italy map too see a part of Tunesia so that for missions you can ship your infantery from there or send your airborne from the airfield(s) there

Quite how and what the map will consist of is still of debate, we are looking to have more airfields available in one way or another so we'll just have to wait and see how things develop.

Well Hell in the Pacific have already done a fantastic job on that so far with a lot more content to come, which is why we're looking to hook in with them for A3's development ;)

I'm almost crying from excitement right now... :pray:

Mhm, and Italians, Japanese/Marines (apparently Macolik says they're hooking up. Only good things could happen now), and British 6th AB, Royal Marines, and regular infantry.

A few more questions. Will the I44 team try to create maps as big/bigger than Altis?

If you guys are hooking up with The Hell in the Pacific team, or plan to, will we see ANZAC and Gurkhas? Or at least ANZAC in North Africa/Greece?

Will there be any ships larger than a DUKW, LCM, or even a patrol boat? Especially since there are carriers and attack transports in Hell in the Pacific, I'm wondering.

So many questions to ask, can't wait. Good luck with the development, can't wait to see what I44 team will do with Hell in the Pacific and A3's new features.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

I would love to see Poland in maps, Warsaw etc. It could include resistance units and so on. And with the new features, some really nice gameplay could come out as you struggle to survive in a combat zone fighting for freedom.

Including some of the most famous Polish planes and units and tanks.

Really people? Doesn't anyone have anything else to write about than page after page of "Will you add this? Will you add that?" They already said that they are not even focusing fully on the Arma 3 version yet. How about waiting at least until the first version is released before starting to demand things? I'm sure that if the team ever find themselves with free time and want to add new content, and they run out of ideas for what to pick, they'll ask for our input.

A few more questions. Will the I44 team try to create maps as big/bigger than Altis?

This really depends on what the new engine can support and what we are able to produce, a map that large can't really be done by the old methods of placing most objects by hand, so without some better automation tools we really can't make maps that large. Also we don't yet know the engine limits on terrain so finding a decent grid size for the terrain size to get a decent looking world ingame so we're not making any firm plans on what where or how big the terrain(s) will be.

If you guys are hooking up with The Hell in the Pacific team, or plan to, will we see ANZAC and Gurkhas? Or at least ANZAC in North Africa/Greece?

It's still very early days and we've yet to firm up details with the Pacific team as we are both still actively working on A2 mod releases it will be a while before we know if or how we will progress together, but I know there was a lot of interest from both teams in joining the mods or at least looking to make them directly compatible in some way.

Will there be any ships larger than a DUKW, LCM, or even a patrol boat? Especially since there are carriers and attack transports in Hell in the Pacific, I'm wondering.

Again this depends on where we end up setting our terrain and focus of the game, if we end up building a landlocked terrain its a bit less likely, but if we end up near the coast then chances are its a possibility. Pacific do already have some large ships so if we do combine efforts there's a good chance they will still be present.

I would love to see Poland in maps, Warsaw etc.

Definitely and area that doesn't get nearly enough attention, it is a little far off our current content set so while I wouldn't rule this out in the future, its doubtful for the early releases. But definitely an area that could provide some interesting gameplay experiences.

Really people? Doesn't anyone have anything else to write about than page after page of "Will you add this? Will you add that?"

Heh trust us we're used to it by now, we'll always listen, but yes sometimes we will just roll our eyes and carry on when we hear some of the more extreme requests. But it is always fun to hear some suggestions. Ultimately if people really want something in the mod, the best way to do that is to learn the required skills and help us create and add that it to the mod!

Edited by PacUK

I would love to see Poland in maps, Warsaw etc.

Warsaw '44? Imagine the scale of the map and how much work would need to be pput into it?

Not to mention a city map of that size, populated densly with objects (even if it were to be ruins) would probably never load ;)

a17UekLBfAU

Including some of the most famous Polish planes and units and tanks.

By '44 the vast majority of which was already scrap metal...and that for some good 5 years...

Wow, excellent. I never expected this to be converted so quick. Nice job!

so where the italians and russian and japanes and english and canadian and belgium and french and austailian and the dutch and norway and and and etc etc its just that I would like to see glider infantery of the US I said I hope this is going to be about italy US units were just examples british fought in Italy so did the germans and even some french