SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

Invasion 1944 [ARMA 3]
A3I44Promo9.jpg

Work has begun on an ArmA 3 version of our extensive WW2 total conversion mod. For those unfamiliar with our work, our total conversion as we prefer to call it, Invasion 1944 is a World War Two based combined arms simulation. We've previously released dedicated versions for the original Operation Flashpoint (now ArmA:Cold War Assault), ArmA, Arma2, and Combined Operations.

The ArmA3 release will not be a direct port of the existing mod from ArmA2, rather we'll be focusing content of the initial release using only the highest quality work, and starting to replace older models that don't look as good as they once did in the new engine. We'll also be looking to take advantage of all the new features such as the new clothing slots for customizing your soldiers and better physics for vehicle handling.

As always our prime focus will be on the western front conflict, but we are open to branching out and exploring more than France, with ArmA3's base setting of the Greek islands a Mediterranean setting seems like a great choice for a new terrain and conflict to explore. We're also not limiting exclusively to the year 1944 so let us know what you'd like to see. The ideas currently being tossed around are Sicily, Italy, and Africa, with the odd mention of Holland. We will be porting some of the current maps but not all of them, as a lot of ArmA2 content will have to be replaced (or ported with BI's permission) before they can be released.

We'd love to hear from the community about where you would like to see the mod going, what features you'd like to see, what bits from the current or old versions you want back, and most of all what you enjoy playing, whether its huge team versus team multiplayer missions, focused solo campaigns, small co-op scenarios, or large scale persistent battlefields (hey we can dream!) let us know.

Invasion 1944

[PROGRESS UPDATES]
3.jpg
1.jpg
Unit progress by Macolik

rmq7.jpg
fgj3.jpg
mphg.jpg

Original Music Score by SFG Edited by ineptaphid
  • Like 1

Very cool to see this mod come to Arma 3 so early. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

I don't usually do this, but I laughed due to how amazing this news is! It's that exciting!

Can't wait to play this!

::edit:: ^^^ winning @ shift key?^^^^ ::edit::

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

I love the idea of an I44 that's NOT in North West Europe. Invasion of Crete anyone? :cool:

Edited by r3volution

awesome news, i44 already looked outstanding on arma 2 engine, can't wait to see how it shines on RV4 engine!

1 thing i really wish you could show in newest version, how cruel, brutal the war was. WW2 was most tragic periods from our past, you could make a lot out of that. What in i44 v2 i was missing, a bit of that atmosphere of war, somehow it felt just a fun place to play, which isn't bad at all, but wasn't kinda shocking, impressing so to say. I hope you understand how do i mean it.

Great news that you guys started the move to Arma 3...Loved it in A2, so A3 it will be awesome. :)

Sweet! I wouldn't worry too much on making missions as the community usually ends up doing that anyway, and instead focus more on all of the details.

For instance, the US weapons. Raw/boiled linseed oil (SOP weather-proofing/finishing/maintenance oil used on US small arms during WWII) on American dark walnut yields a dark brown color with a slightly reddish tint over time. The updated I44 Garand stock looks like someone took some yellow birch and tried to dye it brown, and the condition of the furniture seems a little too flawless, more like something you'd see right out of Springfield Armory rather than a rifle being slung around in theater for 2 years. The metal finishes on all almost all of the US weapons should be a flat charcoal gray, as they were almost all finished with a manganese parkerizing process. Some earlier weapons ('42 and prior) had Dulite or blued metal finishes, but they were a minority. All of the contrast of ultra black metal with light brown wood on I44 A2 just doesn't feel right. I don't know if there's just one guy modelling all weapons or several people, but whoever textured the BAR did it accurately with the dark brown furniture on the gray metal.

And if you do branch into a '43 or '42 campaign, some period-correct fabric colors, vehicles, equipment and uniforms would add a lot to the authentic look of the mod. Being able to choose the correct web gear setup for the weapon you have would be awesome. I dig the WW2 era stuff more than the modern..or this futuristic stuff, so I'm hoping you guys really take full advantage of the quality you can get out of the A3 engine.

SicilySicilySicilySicilySicilySicilySicily :cool:

I would love to able to fight some Italians!

Yes if it's so come to my home and fight vs me....

I believe considering greek envivorment Sicily, Anzio exc. would be a new never seen scenario of the 1000 times old same Dday, normandy, bulge and so on

Thanks a lot, it's amazing, i44 was and is on every built of RV since OFP.

I fully agree :)

Wonderful news, one of my favorite WW2 mods will do it again on the next engine!

You guys were talking about it on the I44 forums so I figured anytime now they will announce it.

I will surely host for Arma3 I44 missions!

Hopefully I can get a new computer by the time they release the mod. I44 Alpha on Arma3 Alpha, lol