Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Rumours of my death (or at least my community inactivity) have been greatly exaggerated.

Since the ArmA3 Alpha was released, I've been working on combining many of my previous unreleased projects that I had worked on purely to pass the time and to see how things would turn out. Firstly I had to wrap my head around how the new attachment system work, but now its working almost flawlessly.

http://www.armedassault.info/_hosted/sjb/arma_weaponsproject/arma3/images/2013-03-14_00001.jpg

The model shown is a near complete remake of SAS.STU/TwinkeMasta's old CSv1.6 model they gave me permission to edit a long time ago back when ArmA1 first launched.

The Aimpoint is a new weapon attachment, but as my understanding of how BI have coded it, it can't be used on any stock ArmA3 weapons.

I plan to include a lot of other custom optics and attachments to further enhance the variety of weapons available. Speaking of weapons, I plan to include many types including (but not limited to):

M4A1s,

L119A1s,

M16A2/A3/A4s,

C7A1/A2s,

C8A1/A2s,

M249 SAWs,

MK46s,

and more besides.

I make no promises about when it'll be released or exactly what will be contained within the initial release (most likely just M4A1s and a few optics), but rest assured I keep this thread up to date.

Good to see you still modding after all these years, looking incredible as usual. :)

Hey buddy, I'm glad to see you working on some addons. I've enjoyed your work since OFP.

Good to see you around again dude.

The Aimpoint is a new weapon attachment, but as my understanding of how BI have coded it, it can't be used on any stock ArmA3 weapons.

Technically it's possible, but if several weapon/attachment addons all start trying to overwrite the same line in the config of the stock weapons it'll become an exercise in futility, as they'll just overwrite eachother (like trying to run two sound mods together etc.). It may be something more feasible for the 'total-conversion' type mods though :)

Look forward to seeing your work continue on these.

isnt there a posibility to make a script thats says add this text to this document at the bottom so each attachment mod can run this and just add?

Please extend the stock out more so its actually touching the models shoulder. The other m4 pack that is available right now made the same mistake, who uses a stock on a ar with it collapsed anyway. I know I don't.

who uses a stock on a ar with it collapsed anyway. I know I don't.

I do, that's how I shoot my AR-15 and Beowulf. It's all personal preference.

Please extend the stock out more so its actually touching the models shoulder. The other m4 pack that is available right now made the same mistake, who uses a stock on a ar with it collapsed anyway. I know I don't.

I agree.

Since no character in ArmA3 holds their rifle close enough to touch the stock when it's collapsed, it'd be the most logical thing to adjust on the model.

Whether anyone here shoots their rifle with the stock collapsed IRL or not makes no difference.

The ArmA3 characters do not hold it as if they are shooting it with the stock collapsed like that, so I'd say extend it to look the best possible :)

anim's from a2 can be used if the .rtm is included :)

He's back :)

Good to see you still kicking , Sam. A lot of old faces being pulled up from the mud these days.

I liked your weapons pack for OFP a lot man

Now bring these babies into ArmA3

ArmA1 SJB Weapons pack ;) mmm... nice MP5SD3, MP5N (for diver, or SBS,Seal units) ;) and of course PSG-1 !! :) ;)

Edited by VeaVictis

good news that you're back. always enjoyed your weapon packs. amazing quality.

Edited by twisted
cant speak good english well

awwurh nice some actual real weapons. :)

I don't know what the gen is with the weapons not touching the shoulder but i'm sure you can fix all that with your black magic.

Nice to see you still around, SAS pack..when? :cool:

Definitly looking for it too :D

@Doc/Sniperwolf/Monty/Porter/Da12thMonkey/Messiah/Adumb/Twisted/Bugkill: Its good to be back :P

@AimPoint/Papanowel: This project actually came about because after an hour of tinkering with trying to get some of the Paraclete style vests from the SAS pack ingame I gave up and decided to go back to doing weapons as there is less farting around :P I'm not ruling out a return of the SAS/SBS/SFSG, its just not likely to be anytime soon ;)

As far as the extended stock goes, now that its simply a case of editing one base model instead of each model with optics individually (THANK YOU BIS!), I can easily sort that out as get it looking good.

It's one base model so long as none of them involves a UGL. :p

That will be a seperate base model that I'll finalise once I've got the base base model "sorted" :P