Sign in to follow this  
NeutiquamErro

How to activate a trigger with a trigger?

Hi, all. Here's what I'm trying to do:

I created a mission that starts at Stratis Airfield. The objective is to wipe out any OPFOR presence at a nearby base. I have a teleport trigger set up next to the respawn point at the Airfield (respawn_west) that moves the player to a marker near the OPFOR base. I would like to prevent players from using the teleport unless they've come within 200 meters of the OPFOR base, almost like a checkpoint system ("You've reached the base and died? Good, now you can teleport to the base without having to fly back"). I have another trigger set up at the enemy base with a radius of 200 meters that triggers once BLUFOR enters the area, but I don't know how to link them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the response, Cookie. I'm having issues with your suggestion.

My teleport trigger is called "Trig1" and the checkpoint trigger that is supposed to activate Trig1 is called Trig2. I put "triggerActivated Trig2" in the condition box for Trig1. My thought was that, once I activate Trig2, Trig1 would activate and would be available to use. However, once I activate Trig2, I instantly warp to the teleport destination above the enemy base.

I just want Trig2 to allow Trig1 to be used. I hope that makes sense. Any thoughts?

Why don't you do something like

"putTrig2 = 1;" in Trig1's act

and in Trig1 you put

"putTrig2 == 1" in Trig2's Condition

yeah you'd drop a trigger where you want the checkpoint to activate, on that trigger's on act you'd do something like ayser suggested. To explain further,

checkpoint_1 = true; publicVariable "checkpoint_1";

On the trigger in base, you'd put in the condition

player in thisList && checkpoint_1

and then the teleport code.

Hey, ayser. I'm sorry, I don't follow this part:

and in Trig1 you put "putTrig2 == 1" in Trig2's Condition.