Sign in to follow this  
Waingro

ARMA3 Alpha Disappeared from Steam Library

Copy of my Steam Support ticket:

Ok, so I'm a little upset. I just purchased the ARMA3 Alpha Supporter package from bistudio.com. It runs fine for a couple days and I come home from work today to find that the game is nowhere to be found in my Steam Library. I also checked the Gifts in my account and they're gone as well - No ARMA X: Anniversary Edition and no ARMA: Cold War Assault. So I check the Steam help and of course I do the obvious, ensure my Library view is set to all games, try to launch the game from the install directory, and follow the help guidance to reinstall DirectX from the game install directory - all efforts failed. So then I get on the ARMA3 Group Chat in Steam and one of my fellow ARMA enthusiasts advised that another person in Germany had the same exact problem. I am located in Germany as well, so I'm a little confused why this could be. I'm an American living over here, so I fire up my VPN, connect to a U.S. server and log into steampowered.com, check my account details and still ARMA3 Alpha is completely missing - it's like I never purchased/installed ARMA3 Alpha, but the game files are clearly there in my Steam directory on my PC. Please help, I've been waiting ages for ARMA3 and I'd really like to get back in the game.

I've restarted my PC and I've restarted Steam several times - still no luck. Could this problem have something to do with the fact that I am in Germany?

Yes, I have submitted a support ticket with Steam, just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.

Yes, I have submitted a support ticket with Steam, just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.

i have the same problem. i've tried all you've done above and nothing happen. have you find the solution yet?

Mine went away. I changed to my all games tab and it was there like it was uninstalled.

Just double click it and it detects all of the files and I was good 2 go

Mine went away. I changed to my all games tab and it was there like it was uninstalled.

Just double click it and it detects all of the files and I was good 2 go

how about your invitational gifts?

mine gone and my steam account appear like i haven't buy the game at all

I still haven't received my 3 alpha lite keys...

bought it via steam when the BI store was down.

I wonder when and how I will get them, a few friends of mine wanted to test it out.

I still haven't received my 3 alpha lite keys...

bought it via steam when the BI store was down.

I wonder when and how I will get them, a few friends of mine wanted to test it out.

Have you checked under the gifts tab? I got them atleast 10 hours ago.

Copy of my Steam Support ticket:

Ok, so I'm a little upset. I just purchased the ARMA3 Alpha Supporter package from bistudio.com. It runs fine for a couple days and I come home from work today to find that the game is nowhere to be found in my Steam Library. I also checked the Gifts in my account and they're gone as well - No ARMA X: Anniversary Edition and no ARMA: Cold War Assault. So I check the Steam help and of course I do the obvious, ensure my Library view is set to all games, try to launch the game from the install directory, and follow the help guidance to reinstall DirectX from the game install directory - all efforts failed. So then I get on the ARMA3 Group Chat in Steam and one of my fellow ARMA enthusiasts advised that another person in Germany had the same exact problem. I am located in Germany as well, so I'm a little confused why this could be. I'm an American living over here, so I fire up my VPN, connect to a U.S. server and log into steampowered.com, check my account details and still ARMA3 Alpha is completely missing - it's like I never purchased/installed ARMA3 Alpha, but the game files are clearly there in my Steam directory on my PC. Please help, I've been waiting ages for ARMA3 and I'd really like to get back in the game.

I've restarted my PC and I've restarted Steam several times - still no luck. Could this problem have something to do with the fact that I am in Germany?

I have same problem... I bought few days ago Arma 3 key, then I activated through steam and play it... No problems. Today morning I wanted to look in my steam inventory if I have Arma 3 aplha lite invites for my friends and nothing was there. So I thought that I must start Arma 3 and then look to my inventory, but in my library wasn't Arma 3. I look in my folder where I have installed my arma 3 and in this folder arma 3 is there. I tried to start arma 3 through arma3.exe and just main page of arma 3 in steam appeared. Steam just acting like I never bought this game. I've played 3,6 hours. Last time it was in Wednesday. My steam account is Kocy24 alias Cookie Monster. I'm from Czech republic and in steam I'm located to Czech republic. I don't know what's going on I've been waiting for arma 3 long time and when I finally bought it... It just Disappeared.

Please if someone knows what to do help me.

PS: sorry for my english

Edited by Kocy24
mistake in writing

I have same problem... I bought few days ago Arma 3 key

Where have you bought it?

Where have you bought it?

it's legit shop I've already buy it a few games from this shop

Edited by Placebo

You just answered yourself why the game disappeared from your Steam library, the only "legit" places where you can buy Arma 3 right now is Steam and BI Store.

All you can do now is to contact them for money return. (or initiate credit card chargeback if you are able to)

Edited by k3lt

It's steam key... If it wasn't legit. The game wouldn't activated besides there are more peoples which have same problem and they buy arma 3 right through steam...

It's steam key... If it wasn't legit. The game wouldn't activated besides there are more peoples which have same problem and they buy arma 3 right through steam...

Probably those keys were purchased with credit cards where the card-holder initiated a “charge-back.†A charge-back is a consumer protection mechanism offered by payment companies such as Visa, allowing a card-holder to dispute a charge on their credit card statement.

This means Steam/BIS never received payment for the game.

It seems likely that they were originally obtained from BI store. (since you cannot buy Keys from Steam)

Then those keys are being sold through a handful of questionable sites to people using legitimate credit cards. (like the one you mentioned earlier, and it also explains why such keys are cheaper)

The owner of the stolen credit card ultimately disputes the charge and BIS is losing sales.

Just contact the site you purchased it from for a full refund, and buy only directly from BI Store or Steam.

Edited by k3lt

Thats not that right. Even if it wasn´t legit, you still can play it.. Even online from what I´ve heard.

But when it disappears on Steam, you may contact .

I´m also wondering why people would buy a Steam Exclusive Game on a 3rd Party Site?:confused:

Edited by Placebo

Please do not post links to key sellers, we do not endorse any of them.

Well, it looks like the "charge back" scenario may be to blame here as I checked my card transactions and there is no record of the transaction, even though I clearly received the key and receipt e-mail from the BI store. I can't explain why this transaction never showed on my card because on the 1st or March I purchased the ACR DLC from the BI store and there is a record of that transaction on my card. Also when I log into my BI Store account, the ARMA3 Supporter package is clearly there under "My Games". Perhaps it has to do with the fact I'm an American living in Germany, using an American Visa card, purchasing from a Czech website? Oddly enough BI has tagged my forum account as a legit "supporter" after purchasing the AMRA3 Supporter package. Wondering if my card company somehow blocked the transaction after BI Studio received payment, then somehow my card company revoked the payment.....ugh. Now to spend hours arguing with my card company.......will keep you updated on the results.

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Oh and still nothing from the Steam Support Ticket or BI Support Tickets I've opened, but they did say it could take up to 48 hours for a reply.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Ok, well my card company says they can see where the transaction with BI Store was authorized and put in Pending status - meaning they had released the funds to BI Store, but then the transaction just disappears almost as if BI Store didn't complete the transaction. This is pretty damn bizarre, but maybe the BI Store billing system is having problems???

Has anyone else seen anything similar to this?

Still nothing from either Steam or BI....still can't figure out why the Alpha is gone from my Library.

Hi, I spoke to my colleague in the store, basically it was a problem with the two banks yelling "fraud" at each other which left you in the middle with the game, then without the game but your money back, then you bought it again and still don't have it as our system now needs persuading you're a legitimate sale, the only person who can do that is currently away but hopefully will return shortly so it can be resolved today, in the meantime if you'd like an Alpha Lite code so you can get a jump on playing the alpha a little you're more than welcome to one, just drop me a PM :)

Placebo, thanks for following up and I must say it's great to see you still in the community after all these years. I believe the problem did indeed have to do with my bank and the BI Store bank not agreeing on the purchase being legit. So yesterday, I re-purchased the Supporter Edition yesterday with my credit card this time and all seems to be fine now, for 24 hours at least. I'm still showing two purchases of the Supporter Edition in "My Games" on the BI Store though and the ARMA2 ACR DLC is missing from "My Games" on the BI Store now, but I've contacted Jan at the BI Store about that issue separately. So, the lesson learned here is perhaps don't use a debit card if you have a credit card as an option. I've seen a few various other posts about issues with debit cards as well......now it's time to start digging into the Alpha to make it the best release yet!

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Follow up, just checked the BI Store and the first Supporter Edition purchase is now gone, so looks like the Store crew is keeping things tidy.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

2nd follow up, I received a notice from my credit card company that there was some suspected fraud on my account. Turns out it was the 2nd purchase I made for the Supporter Edition. Apparently my financial institutions aren't too keen on working with Czech banks. Oh well, better safe than sorry. Playing the Alpha now. Looks like this issue is finally resolved.

Were we supposed to get ARMA2 ACR DLC I only have ArmaX and it's not listed there. There's no mention of it in store.

It does say future Arma3 DLC if any.

Do we have to wait for the other stuff maps/guide?

Edited by F2k Sel

Glad to see things got sorted out, my only question is if it went through as two supported purchases, would you get two supported badges? *he said sarcastically, yet slightly intrigued*

Were we supposed to get ARMA2 ACR DLC I only have ArmaX and it's not listed there. There's no mention of it in store.

It does say future Arma3 DLC if any.

Do we have to wait for the other stuff maps/guide?

Kinda seems like thread hijacking ;) either way I'll try to help.

If you go to http://www.arma3.com/buy and hover over the question marks it will give you information on each additional feature you get with purchases arma 3 alpha editions.

Digital maps, soundtrack, and tactical guide are not available until full release of the game. You will have to wait on those, as will everyone else as anything in game could change between now and full release.

As for the Latest Arma 2 ACR DLC, it is NOT included in the ArmaX edition. ArmaX was released before ACR and does not include the latest DLC.

https://store.bistudio.com/armax-aniversary-edition-steam-version

Check out that link for everything included in the ArmaX edition, Minus the free physical maps. At least as far as I know those maps and postcards are only included if you purchase Arma X directly. Not as a free addition to buying arma 3 supporter.

This seems to be resolved now and the thread has been hijacked (with an answer for the hijacker) so no need to keep it open, obviously if you continue to have any problems Waingro please PM me immediately.

Edited by Placebo