Sign in to follow this  
cenkcnk

High fps but stutters

I tried nomerous combinations in single player showcase or editor. i got acceptible fps every time but i have severe stutter problem .

i tried everything off/lowest/disable and i got over 100fps and then i set everything very high/high/ultra etc and i got 25-50 fps.

but i couldn't get rid of stutter/lag problem. i noticed my gpu load was about 100% and cpu was at middle

sorry for bad english and here is my system:

i52500k 4.3ghz

gtx660ti oc'd

8 gigs of ram.

Turn down textures or maybe it's your HDD thrashing while trying to load them?

Turn down textures or maybe it's your HDD thrashing while trying to load them?

Probably this.

Set Textures to Medium with the rest on High/V. High.

You might one to look for a SSD too. That helped a lot fo people on arma 2 for the stuttering issue.

I had this issue with the 'dev build'

yep, started after the dev build for me too. they must be experimenting with something. but at least the game is smoother when it's not stuttering.

I had this issue with the 'dev build'

same here, not defragmented yet, but if it also does that on a ssd like hubert says, it's probably the dev build.

i tried every possibilities almost. but nothing changes

I tried nomerous combinations in single player showcase or editor. i got acceptible fps every time but i have severe stutter problem .

i tried everything off/lowest/disable and i got over 100fps and then i set everything very high/high/ultra etc and i got 25-50 fps.

but i couldn't get rid of stutter/lag problem. i noticed my gpu load was about 100% and cpu was at middle

sorry for bad english and here is my system:

i52500k 4.3ghz

gtx660ti oc'd

8 gigs of ram.

did you run prime95 to make sure your OC on your CPU was stable? put your video card back to stock and see if that getts rid of the stutters.

Edited by ric

yes my cpu is stable and i tried now downclock the gpu but same

I thought I don't have this, but it does feel weird and I rolled back to the stable version and it was very smooth with everything on QUALITY tab on high... So yes now I'm convinced that I have this stuttering too

Windows 7 64bit

Core2Quad Q9550@2.83ghz

ATI Radeon HD7770 1Gb ram

8Gb RAM

1680*1050 resolution

1600 VD; 1600 Object VD

100m Shadow distance

I only have it some or one server- its running the headless client. I turned Low and High settings didnt change at all.

the whole game is freezed for 300ms every ~30 seconds.

I am NOT on DEV Build. stable steam version here. its probably server related.

Stutters on SP.

Lags on MP.

4000 bugs already.

Only 4 fixed and new bugs on 10 days.

Please SUMA takes the lead.

Stuttering exists here too, i thought vsync was the problem as I thought it went when I turned it off... it didn't.

Dev build it exists, maybe to make the game run smoother they have changed priority of ai over texture load and like many here putting it all low makes no difference. Be good to know this was being worked on, I'm sure they are.

I had this with the dev build, reverted back to normal build and it's not there anymore.

I reverted back to stable build, play a few days, and decided to opt back for dev build. And magically I don't have the stutter anymore (yet)