Sign in to follow this  
Touch Off

To Clarify:BIS, is the 'new' ARMA3 engine as is?

Don't anger the fanboys. They defend this game no matter what.

To them the clumsiness of the game as well as the low frame-rates are simply "features" of the series and they've convinced themselves it's for the best.

Admitting something that you love unconditionally might have some flaws takes more cognitive power than most people possess and they will be unable to discuss this with you in a rational way.

• Like 1

Yes, good faith and good customer support. Or they just rely on know-it alls to do their dirty work for free?

The others issues that I've spoken about that were in ARMA2 and never resolved, they're not important to you, right?

Guess they can count on your cash for future upgrades?

Other issues? Like what? I might guess that you would be right, these other issues are probably either not important to me, or I'm simply not seeing them. ArmA2 works just peachy for me, a hundred or so AI on either side, the very occasional pathfinding issue that simply doesn't concern me as they're rare, and of course a mission design that doesn't actively deliberately funnel everything into one event. If you wish for an experience where you never see any single troublesome event, then you won't get that. But if you wish for an experience where the overall experience is entirely satisfactory and have the imagination to write off small inconsistencies as human events (example: AI one single AI getting stuck does not wreck the experience, instead imagine it as an unexplained injury the type of which happens all the time) then you will get that.

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

Don't anger the fanboys. They defend this game no matter what.

To them the clumsiness of the game as well as the low frame-rates are simply "features" of the series and they've convinced themselves it's for the best.

Admitting something that you love unconditionally might have some flaws takes more cognitive power than most people possess and they will be unable to discuss this with you in a rational way.

....aaaand so we reach the end of this rather unwholesome thread :) when it boils down to fanboys vs haters then it's kind of like when Hitler is mentioned. There I did it :)

Don't dare call me a hater. I love this series and have played at least 1000 hours of arma2. Some of us are just more capable than others of seeing the whole rug instead of just being a bug in it.

• Like 1

Rofl this is getting out of hand.

Basicly people are bitching about an Alpha not working correctly -_- Well, welcome to testing.

Insted of bitching here on the forums, go to the damn devtracker and vote up what you want.

This forum trolling doesnt do shit and i really hate the fact that most of the people trashing the game in this thread is newly created members....

Comparing Arma to Crysis and BF3 or COD is also way out there, you simply cant compare them because theres so much of a fundamental difference between the engines they use and how they use them.

BF3, COD and Crysis arent running the same amount of scripts and calculation as Arma, thats why you get 90+ FPS and cant figure out how to set up arma correctly.

Understand you are testing atm, so dont bitch. Bring constructive critisism or stay away all together lol, you are wasting air and time by posting crap like this thread.

Personally, i think no one with at least a little programming background should questionate the matter of multithreaded programming.

Officially, i see this thread is going nowhere and people running in circles. So this is closed and i strongly advice not to create another similar thread at least unless ArmA 3 enters beta phase.