Sign in to follow this  
Typhoonbot

Ghillie Suits in Arma 3

Hi everyone

3 questions:

1) Are their ghillie suits in Arma 3 yet? I see them in the posts explaining how to populate supply boxes etc, but I cannot seem to spawn them, I get an error whenever I try and load the game after putting the code into "initialization" in supply box.

2) Am I doing something wrong trying to spawn it, or maybe they just haven't included the option for ghillie suits in the alpha yet?

3) Perhaps Arma was never supposed to include ghillie sutis originally, and it was just a custom user made mod for arma 2 (I never played arma 2 but I have seen videos of it with people wearing ghillie suits)?

on a final note, I know there are complaints about the medium distance grass rendering atm and ghillie suits would not even help at that range, but it would still be helpful for close/very far range.

Thanks

Typhoonbot

ARMA 2 had ghillie suits normally, not a mod. As for ARMA 3, they should be in the full version of the game. Not confirmed (at least I haven't seen it confirmed) yet so just sit and wait!

We have already seen ghillie suits in Arma 3 in one of the recent videos. It's just not included in the alpha right now, like tanks.

edit: Here's the link

Edited by zimms

We have already seen ghillie suits in Arma 3 in one of the recent videos. It's just not included in the alpha right now, like tanks.

Alpha: Infantry

Beta: Vehicles

Confirmed.

Thank you all for your helpful responses.

As for you n7snk. There are so many mods/user additions/Alternate versions of arma 2, the ghillie suits could easily have been an addon. If I was buying arma 2 and didn't know if there was ghillie suits then yes, I wouldn't be "fucking familiar" with the game I bought. It was a perfectly reasonable question to ask about a completely different game that I actually bought (arma 3).

Regards

Typhoonbot

Edited by Placebo

@Typhoonbot don't sink to his level, he's been dealt with.

Seriously, no one?

Okay I will do it then:

wookie.jpg

Bam! Arma 3 is scifi Wookiee school.

If you dont like the look...alpha is alpha. LoL

edit: Here's the link

Ditto

I'm sure I saw a ghillie suit screen shot on a A3 site , but for the life of me I can't find it now. Searching now for it.

I seem to remember that Arma 1 did not have ghillie suited snipers (I could be wrong), so It is not a give in that A3 will have them. For some reason there are screen shots of a Comanche - a very dead project, included in A3, so who knows.

I'm sure I saw a ghillie suit screen shot on a A3 site , but for the life of me I can't find it now. Searching now for it.

I seem to remember that Arma 1 did not have ghillie suited snipers (I could be wrong), so It is not a give in that A3 will have them. For some reason there are screen shots of a Comanche - a very dead project, included in A3, so who knows.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6588/64837231.jpg

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help. Wow, what a community, with the links to the pics and vids and all the replies. Great to see.

Typhoonbot

The ghillies look pretty nice in a3! I wish that they actually concealed you at a range you would realistically be sniping at but at least they look cool.

Did the ghillie suits conceal you from other players in DAYZ in ARMA 2? I was watching a video of someone playing and they seemed over the moon they found one. But after reading a few comments here I get the impression they make no difference to visibility at distance?

Did the ghillie suits conceal you from other players in DAYZ in ARMA 2? I was watching a video of someone playing and they seemed over the moon they found one. But after reading a few comments here I get the impression they make no difference to visibility at distance?

I think they conceal you from zombies the best, i'm not sure. They help conceal you a little but arma doesnt render grass at long range so you can still be spotted.

I think they conceal you from zombies the best, i'm not sure. They help conceal you a little but arma doesnt render grass at long range so you can still be spotted.

In fact would you stand out even more?

Sometimes, they tend to not match the terrain very well. If you're in a forest they work pretty good.

In fact would you stand out even more?

No but as long as you were in the green and not moving you were less noticeable.

Still you could've been seen on the brown ground just as well as any other camo.