Sign in to follow this  
zukas3

Which island/map would you like to be ported to A3 First?

Chernarus,Thirsk,Podagorsk and Sahrani at the same time:p.It might be even better if we get the extended Chernarus that Dayz will get.

In my opinion Chernarus is still one of the best pieces of land BI created,sadly Stratis bores me to death with so little variation in towns and landscape,I assume Altis would be pretty much the same on a larger scale.

Oh yeah forgot to add Namalsk,you can't never go wrong with Stalker atmosphere.

Chernarus, that is definitely one map I would like to see ported into ARMA III , it has a bit of everything and I found I could make a wide variety of scenarios on that map from massive amphibious landings to house to house combat in the larger cities.

Aliabad and Hazar-Kot can actually be played in ArmA 3 if you have ArmA 2 and move the required files into the addon-folder (or a mod-folder I suppose), the pond-objects on aliabad are bugged though, and there are probably a lot of other bugs that I didn't notice in my quick tests. Don't expect a proper conversion unless BIS let's us use the old models etc. in some way though :)

(they do look pretty nice in the ArmA 3 engine though, we would need some takiban converted too)

Zargabad and Takistan will be a great hit in ArmA III :cool:

I'm a big fan of Lingor, Namalsk and Fallujah. I believe maps like Chernarus are to be left alone in Arma 3. It's use is saturated with all the dayz stuff imho.(and rightfully so).

I'm surprised to see little popularity towards the Takistan and other similar maps. It has so much potential. Maybe in time, we'll get a revamped version for it with more detail and vegetation.

One can hope!

Agree !!! +1

Sangin is already in a3 and looks sweat i will be adding new models to it from a3, as soon as all the models work when placed all islands do work at the moment in a3 just with some texture errors on a couple of oa buildings they go black on the 1st lod

@SmokeDog3PARA ==yeh on Takistan it has to do with the CA pbo's. I ported it and left CA on and my granade explosions go nuts, I take it off and few things on map go blakc, but grenade looks good again.== ANYWAYS LOL I loved FDF Podagorsk.

@SmokeDog3PARA ==yeh on Takistan it has to do with the CA pbo's. I ported it and left CA on and my granade explosions go nuts, I take it off and few things on map go blakc, but grenade looks good again.== ANYWAYS LOL I loved FDF Podagorsk.

Yep, Podagorsk for sure. I tried porting it but I don't have Arma 2 installed, and it requires a lot of Chernarus elements.

Yes, yes, YES!! I Agree this would be a good one to port. :)

Everon, Malden, Kolugev, Nogova, Sahrani, Chenaurus in no particular order...

Everon, Malden, Kolugev, Nogova, Sahrani, Chenaurus in no particular order...
yehhhhh those old ofp maps toooooo. lol I sound like a 5 year old at Christmas. lol
Yep, Podagorsk for sure. I tried porting it but I don't have Arma 2 installed, and it requires a lot of Chernarus elements.
I tried but my ponds are way above ground with that. Someone much better at this than me will have to figure that out. lol

Aliabad and Hazar-Kot can actually be played in ArmA 3 if you have ArmA 2 and move the required files into the addon-folder (or a mod-folder I suppose), the pond-objects on aliabad are bugged though, and there are probably a lot of other bugs that I didn't notice in my quick tests. Don't expect a proper conversion unless BIS let's us use the old models etc. in some way though :)

(they do look pretty nice in the ArmA 3 engine though, we would need some takiban converted too)

That sounds interesting. Could you list the addons that are needed for your awesome maps? Because I dont want to copy all A2 files as it produces a huge disaster with UI and stuff - I dont want the Arma 3 core to be affected. That would be very helpful.

I think these are the ones required:

rocks_e.pbo

structures_e.pbo

plants_e.pbo

misc_e.pbo

structures.pbo

misc.pbo

buildings2.pbo

rock2.pbo

buildings.pbo

roads2.pbo

misc3.pbo

misc2.pbo

I think to get the sky working correctly you also need ca_e.pbo and maybe ca.pbo, but I believe these affect particle-effects and possible other things aswell.

You will get a bunch of error-messages regardless.

edit:

okay, I suppose you also need:

takistan.pbo

takistan_data.pbo

It should be possible to change the config so that the map inherits classes etc. from the ArmA 3 island settings and whatnot (so that you don't need the Ca_e.pbo and perhaps not even takistan.pbo and takistan-data.pbo), but that would require time and knowledge that I simply don't have time for right now, if someone with config-knowledge is willing to give it a go then send me a PM and we'll discuss it, I'd love to see Aliabad and Hazar-Kot working without a bunch of error messages etc. They do look pretty good in the ArmA 3-engine.

I might make a topic about a conversion later.

Not sure about the legal issues though since I have some ground-textures from OA that I've modified for the maps in the pbo's.

Edited by McNools

I'd love to see Chernarus.........in Deep Winter!

That would be amazing. Ever since I watched Corridor Digital's After DayZ live action film (YouTube link:

) set in a snowy Chernarus I've wanted to play there in the snow. Just because the DayZ folks have it doesn't mean we can't have it too :)

Oh and I love Lingor and can't wait to see what IceBreakr does with it :)

Edited by slerbal
Forgot to mention Lingor

That would be amazing. Ever since I watched Corridor Digital's After DayZ live action film (YouTube link:
) set in a snowy Chernarus I've wanted to play there in the snow. Just because the DayZ folks have it doesn't mean we can't have it too :)

Oh and I love Lingor and can't wait to see what IceBreakr does with it :)

Yeah, I always missed the winter in ArmA. Like, heavy snow falling and deep snow on the ground... Dynamic seasons would be awesome. There are winter maps, so the only thing that we need is really heavy snow falling :D

There will be 'problems' in a winter environment in MP.

If the island will not be populated by LOTS of objects properly (at least like Namalsk ) you will be visible from 2 km to a camper eye..

Anyways the F.A.T.A map must be template (regarding object count) for any serious-wannabe-lifelike map

Oh!..i forgot!!...imHo

Edited by GiorgyGR

There will be 'problems' in a winter environment in MP.

If the island will not be populated by LOTS of objects properly (at least like Namalsk ) you will be visible from 2 km to a camper eye..

Anyways the F.A.T.A map must be template (regarding object count) for any serious-wannabe-lifelike map

Oh!..i forgot!!...imHo

Camper? What is this? BF3? If you run around in the open you should be prepared to get shot by a marksman or something else. It's not really better now with Grass disappearing after 200m. I'd prefer a white camo to blend in with the environment.