Sign in to follow this  
zukas3

Which island/map would you like to be ported to A3 First?

Hazar-Kot + Aliabad

Because they have detail on ArmA3 level

+1! Couldn't agree more.

I'll port my maps to a3, but also expect a few brand new ones ;)

Cool! Your maps are great.

Thanks for this!!!

Your maps are the best imho....

Duala is simply amazing!

Cheers

Here's looking forward to seeing what improvements are made to the Arma 3 versions of these terrains (that wouldn't be present in Arma 2) due to the enhancements of RV4!

FDF podagkdagjadsg...

yeh that one.

Also Favela (I think), that's fun for ridiculous infantry combat.

Lots of community based islands have dependency on ArmA2 content (some buildings or other objects or vegetations) so most 3rd part islands don't expect before ArmA2 rearmed patch was release from BIS. Simply we can't go against licence.

About new islands we will be limited on Mediterranean environment. My suggestion for mappers is to check Croatian coast. Croatia have more than 1200 islands some smaller some larger but there is dozens of suitable for porting to ArmA3.

Check Lastovo for example.

Or Maslenica part of the mainland what was real battlefield and front line in time of war in Croatia.

For such islands you have all in A3. No need to create much new objects maybe some larger bridge in Maslenica.

Just an idea and you have good coverage for details by google earth.

Edited by wormeaten

All of them, assuming that they have a history over the years all the way up to 2035 =) Big changes, town increases in size or towns decimated, an island once full of life turned into a wasteland. An small island once used as a NATO Military Base has transformed into a huge OPFOR Prison (Island scale prison) with tall walls and buildings.

Anything is possible :D

wormeaten, my Balkania map is based on RL data from Croatia ;) I've wanted it to release it for A2 but no guy made any cool houses for that region. A3 has just that.

p.s. I'm making Vis, too ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

wormeaten, my Balkania map is based on RL data from Croatia ;) I've wanted it to release it for A2 but no guy made any cool houses for that region. A3 has just that.

For the love of god do a Lingor 2 Arma 3

And not a single mention of Faysh Khabur in this thread?!

Oh, community, im so dissapointed in you :p

a redone fallujah and/or clafghan using all the arma3 goodness you can manage. I'm not particularly hot on the idea of just porting old ones in. The featureless terrain (in comparison with arma3!) would just be depressing. Its a shame because those old A2 maps are astounding but when you compare it with the potential we see from little strasis... I don't think I could go back!

yeah and from what i can tell, heightmap and satellite data can by themselves auto generate something wonderful. and then you can decorate it with the new flora.

I would also say FATA and Afghan village (of latest PR release) and of course CLAfghan but reworked to have more "terrain relief" and rocks that covering the emptyness of mountain regions.

You see..ALL maps so far features no microterrain..so it's just the camper-sniper's joy.

In almost every map there isn't enough cover.Please make that happen in ARMA3

=========edited later=========================

As ICB stated in a previous post..one of the biggest problems of islands (when comes to migration/port) is they are using game objects and not custom-made-ones.

Well..custom made-ones should raise the work-load to 100%+

I understand..

Edited by GiorgyGR

Would be nice to see Sahrani,Lingor,Namalsk and Isla Duala

Edited by Raison

i'll look forward to the new ones since they basically require height maps and satellite data. old fantasy ones might not be optimized for the engine.

shame there is no crinkle map feature in mapping tools (scrunch map up then flatten out ) - instant micro terrain lol would be great for all previous maps in the arma series. But defo looking forward to duala - will be cool with some scuba missions:)

I'd love to see Chernarus.........in Deep Winter!

i'll look forward to the new ones since they basically require height maps and satellite data. old fantasy ones might not be optimized for the engine.

Uh... There isn't really that much changed from maps in A2 to A3. You still need height maps and satellite textures for A2...