Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Diver Stats: A light simulation of depth, pressure and air consumption rates

Thanks for broadcasting the release Foxhound.

First post also updated with d/l link and information.

First off this is very, very cool.

Don't know much about narcosis and I guess 'the bends' -too little or too much Nitrogen buildup in the blood on rapid ascent? I was able to get warnings after diving straight up from the 100ft floor but didn't notice any pain or delirium. Probably have to find a deeper floor :)

Question: I notice I can't get this to function if given to multiple divers for a co-op mission im working on -is there a workaround?

Edited by froggyluv

First off this is very, very cool.

Don't know much about narcosis and I guess 'the bends' -too little or too much Nitrogen buildup in the blood on rapid ascent? I was able to get warnings after diving straight up from the 100ft floor but didn't notice any pain or delirium. Probably have to find a deeper floor :)

Question: I notice I can't get this to function if given to multiple divers for a co-op mission im working on -is there a workaround?

I haven't included Decompression Sickness/ O2 Toxicity/HPNS yet but they are planned for later versions. Narcosis however is implemented and is 'controlled' by the relative narcotic potency of your breathing gasses at depth.

Depending on the ratio of gasses, the narcotic effects start affecting the player anywhere from 33ft to 100ft. Full on narcosis (leading to loss of consciousness) starts taking effect at depths greater than 300ft. If you want to go deeper without developing serious narcosis, use more Helium in your ratio.

The effects are still very much WIP right now because I'm still getting a handle on ppeffects etc. With regards to the MP, I have no idea how to fix it right now. I implemented cobra's coding suggestions into the v1.31a, so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Thanks for trying it out and glad you like it.

With regards to the MP, I have no idea how to fix it right now. I implemented cobra's coding suggestions into the v1.31a, so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Well he did something right "isserver'.... as before this release the game would crash if I tried adding to multiple divers. Now it loads but ceases functionality upon teamswitch and then everyone loses it. No biggie -gonna enjoy in SP for a while.

You are correct if you teamswitch you will lose the dialog. Is it working though for everybody in your coop mission? If you remove player == _unit then when switching around it will return however it will show the previous units depth and not the one you switched to.

Good question I was assuming that since it didnt' work TS, it wouldn't work Co-op/ my bad -Ill test with buddy. Thanks!

Edit: Also I get a bad reading in my mission in which the Max Operational Depth as well as the N2% read "Scalar" rather than numbers. Not sure whats causing it -may be another conflict in terms of other scripts used as it works fine in your demo mission and used to work fine in mine as well. Ill keep my eye out for it.

Edited by froggyluv

Would it be possible to try and bring the file sizes down for the image files? They seem pretty big.

Would it be possible to try and bring the file sizes down for the image files? They seem pretty big.

I'm looking into it, but there are things that I need to sort out first.

Small update: New version coming soon. I've reduced the footprint from ~5MB to ~580KB, Improved Tissue and ascent ceiling calculation and fixed some bugs. I've also added progress bars that track PPO2 and critical He levels.

DCS, HPNS, N2 Narcosis and O2 Toxicity have all been added (ppEffects and gameplay consequences).

I also need a couple testers (preferably people who have some diving experience or knowledge) to give me feedback on some of the new features. Anyone interested?

And the Arma 3 Twitter feed (which is on the front page of Arma3.com

Great addon!. Now to be perfect, just need a switch to toggle to metric system.

very nice script !! i have put this in our script section !! ->mirror<-

I should have a new version up soon. RL events have been taking up most of my time.

The new version will include a user control interface and the ability to use either metric or imperial measurement system.

Hey Trini,

very nice scrpt.... I wanna use it.... However when I use the script and I try to combine it with others in the descrption file, it doesn´t work and take me out of the game... The message I get it is something related to the dialog hpp. And also with the line 42. I dont knwo what it is. Do you have any recomendation?

Is this script working on a dedicated server????

BR...

This is amazing!

When I first found ArmA this was the first addon I tried. Freaking awesome!

Is there any update/fix so it can detect IF you are wearing the re-breather? Seems to turn ON no matter what you are doing. Obviously you can use only IF you're going to dive. But I run games/ops (LAN) where I have large missions where we drop our water gear and continue on with the mission but we can't swim without the Dive Mate turning ON even though we are only in plain fatigues. (Or maybe some clever work-around that I'm missing being new? Re-breather init field perhaps?)

Also, any plans on doing a SCUBA Open-Circut Mod addon? It would be great to have the choice of either the re-breather for combat ops AND also a SCUBA setup (w/ your Dive Mate) when doing deep dive missions like recovering sensitive intel or items that went down in, for example, an aircraft crash over deep ocean. Wouldn't need be be fancy or exact with hoses, just a Backpack mod with the cylinders to sell it. Anyway...

Great work! Thanks!!

Hello , i try to use this script for a mission on a dedicate server , but the problem it didn't work .

when i start the mission on my pc i see the panel and seems to work but if another person connect to my pc he didin't see the panel .

Other try on a decidate server i launch mission but i don't see panel an other plyar didin't see the panel .

Could't you fix it or may be we could find a solution together ?

Hello , i try to use this script for a mission on a dedicate server , but the problem it didn't work .

when i start the mission on my pc i see the panel and seems to work but if another person connect to my pc he didin't see the panel .

Other try on a decidate server i launch mission but i don't see panel an other plyar didin't see the panel .

Could't you fix it or may be we could find a solution together ?

I have the same problem, dont know what to do, any idea please? :)

/wave all

Very cool stuff, thanks! Need to try this since in IRL I dive OC and CCR myself.

That thing went out during the alpha release. I wonder if the original poster is still around and make sure it works with the GA version.

Still works AWESOME. Just can't get it to work in MP.