Sign in to follow this  
finch9

question on how to control a ai squad?

I'm a bit lost in trying to figure out how to control the ai squad.

I load up the 07 mission and run it as lan and join in as leader.

I'm lost on how to get the squad to move. I read previously through some aram 2 posts that you can press space bar to get the entire squad to move. That doesnt seem to be working for me.

I did manage one time to get the entire squad to move once i changed them to be in a white group and choose an option for advance.

Thing is they just kept walking from first objective until i completed it then auto took a path toward another with no control from me.

Are there any tutorial videos on this that someone can link to me?

space bar was in A2. Try the tilde key on the top left of your keyboard or F1-F10 keys for selecting individual units. Then aim somewhere and press space. There are many more complex commands but I don't want to boggle your brain if you can't figure out how to get the troops to move yet.

Also the command mode NUMPAD-"," may be of interest for you.

What can also help is go into editor and give yourself a squad and you can easily learn the controls and commands for the squad, as no one is going to engage you and it also gives you more time to get a good feel of what key gives you what command. Or if you need a bit more help, if you have arma 2 or arma 2 OA theres a little mission in there that gives you a tutorial of leading a squad of AI's