Sign in to follow this  
TEAMKILLER

Stopping while chaning gear / weapons!

So yeah, i noticed today that its a bad idea to stop everytime you change your gun. For example -> walk along a road and switch your weapon while you are under heavy fire. You will stop for 2 seconds till your charakter pulls out his other gun.

WHY CAN'T THE PLAYER RUN ALONG AND CHANGE HIS WEAPON AT THE SAME TIME?

Sign here! http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4715

Well, it just can't :) yet.

Until it can (if ever) I guess getting to cover/ground should be done before doing something that takes time.

I can change weapon when jogging. Why can't my arma avatar?

Please vote and support the op.

RoME so you go for a walk with a gun? Where do you live in afghanistan LOL :yay:

But its true, I'm pretty sure a trained soldier should be able to switch to his sidearm while on the move.

I haven't really found it to be a problem... Just take cover and swap weapons. The only forseeable problem I could see with it is switching from a rifle to a pistol when out of rifle ammo or vise versa. However, again, if you need to do it during a hot firefight, you should probably be in cover anyways.

Maybe its not a problem for you, but for the majority which has some good situations and dies because of that.

You bring up a good point, now that A3 is more fluid and better movements, I see no reason why you must stop to have to switch your main weapon to a sidearm. Only thing I could see a stop for, is to switch to a Rocket Launcher. Besides that, there is actually no excuse now to not be able to switch guns while walking/running. Soldiers can easily do it, and have been for ages.

Agreed. Especially when you're switching from your rifle to sidearm in a hurry as you're basically just dropping your rifle and letting it hang. Pistol to Rifle should take a second longer since you have to holster your pistol first.

I kinda expected this to be changed from ArmA II since the Alpha launch. I was mistaken, but I sure hope BI will address that in time.

The other thread concerning this issue, received a dev reply saying: With the current engine it's very hard to do.

Seems everything is a challenge with RV
Pretty much; remember how Rocket said that every day DayZ mod was literally hours away from collapsing? That makes me think of any Real Virtuality iteration. :p I believe Smookie did say though that even doing walking-speed-only transition would take up a lot of resources.

Im with you on transitioning to the pistol on the move, but not on getting into your gear on the move.

Im with you on transitioning to the pistol on the move, but not on getting into your gear on the move.

Yep I agree as well. I mean I can grab something out of my backpack while running, but I don't have 30kg of gear on me :D