Sign in to follow this  
austina1986

Arma 3 US Army Helmets

Hello everyone,

I am aware that Binkowski is already working on a large pack of helmets and goggles etc however I decided I wanted to try my hand at it for myself. Thus my helmet addon was born, it's still a work in progress but please feel free to comment (I'm not military so I may not have the helmet's correct 100%). I am working on some issues right now and trying to increase the number of variants of the helmet.

At this stage I believe it is a PASGT helmet with cover. So far I have a helmet with goggles (covered) and a helmet with just the NV mount.

Few WIP shots:

th_buldozer2013-03-1212-18-42-80.png

th_arma32013-03-1423-12-25-95.png

th_arma32013-03-1423-12-54-00.png

th_arma32013-03-1423-20-02-32.png

Credits:

Bohemia Interactive - Arma 1 Sample Models

aidas2 - UCP Texture (psd files with his UCP Soldier addon)

Release plan:

By Sunday if I can figure out how to get a transparent texture working (to include an uncovered goggle variant).

If unable to work that out, I will release a testing version in the next couple of days.

Thank you,

Austin.

Good stuff! I actually only have one PASGT in my pack and it's for the Iranians. I can assist you in getting the glass texture to work as well.

I'd love to have some help brother, I've figured out how to assign textures but RVMat's etc are doing my head in. I'll be on Mauro's TS for a bit yet, will have to talk quietly due to sleeping family though if you are about.

Cheers,

Austin.

Looks good, one thing to point out though, Army had switched to the ACH before it switched over to the ACU. The Marines still use a PASGT look-a-like called the LWH. So it would be more correct in marpat for Muhreens!

It's the helmet from Arma 1, so it's probably not the PASGT, I'm not sure what helmet they were based on, possibly already the ACH? I'm googling the ACH helmet and the pictures I've found look like the helmet I am working on, so I am officially confused now :S

Regards,

Austin.

The Arma 1 helmet is based on the LWH used by the USMC.

Ah hell, US Army wearing LWH helmets, no wonder I'm confused. I'll keep googling and see what I can do about making them into ACH, I can't really tell the difference between the two from what I'm finding. Anybody with some good images showing clear distinctions between the two would be appreciated.

Regards,

Austin.

You Mauro and Nubs are all modders now?

@Zupadupazupadude Thank you, will see what I can do about adapting my helmet to close to that.

@lsp Yeah, you could say that.

Regards,

Austin.

@isp come join the dark side muhahaha

@austin, im telling you how much i like your models in TS right now XD

Update:

Reshaped parts of the helmet to be more like the ACH/MICH helmet based on images.

th_arma32013-03-1508-21-04-78.png

th_arma32013-03-1508-20-52-98.png

Working on the transparency issue and due to the ACH not being compatible with the NV mount I am going to attempt to create a NV mount.

Regards,

Austin

Nice, now it looks pro. After you get the other issues worked out, you should add little touches on the helmet band, like blood type or something. Also, on the ear part of the helmet on the covers, there is a little folliage green strap that covers up the IR tab on the side. It was on the cover I was issued and every one elses cover I saw.

You can see it here:

http://i16.servimg.com/u/f16/13/56/31/65/usachh11.jpg

Nice, now it looks pro. After you get the other issues worked out, you should add little touches on the helmet band, like blood type or something. Also, on the ear part of the helmet on the covers, there is a little folliage green strap that covers up the IR tab on the side. It was on the cover I was issued and every one elses cover I saw.

You can see it here:

http://i16.servimg.com/u/f16/13/56/31/65/usachh11.jpg

The helmet you are referring to is the ACH, where as the helmet he is creating is the PASGT. ACH covers all have four IR tabs, where as PASGTs normally don't have any, at least non that I am aware of or have ever seen.

The helmet you are referring to is the ACH, where as the helmet he is creating is the PASGT. ACH covers all have four IR tabs, where as PASGTs normally don't have any, at least non that I am aware of or have ever seen.

Now he's creating the ACH.

Keep reading.

Update:

th_arma32013-03-2001-11-17-85.png

th_arma32013-03-2001-26-26-13.png

DONE: Added a basic MS2000 Strobe to the Helmets (basic placeholder texture on the strobe [modeled by thedog88] and not sure about the exact scale to use, work-in-progress)

DONE: Repaired the goggles (now transparent)

IN PROGRESS: Add variations to the Strobe position

IN PROGRESS: Add a holder for the Strobe

IN PROGRESS: Improve Strobe texture (plus bump-mapping)

IN PROGRESS: Remove duplicate NV Mount (forgot to remove the placeholder example)

IN PROGRESS: Possibly add IR Tabs and additional straps around goggle harness

Apologies for the large delays with the helmets, hope to have an Alpha release in the next two or three days, time permitting.

Regards,

Austin.

Edited by AustinA1986

Update:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/Genesis-Knight-Ace/th_arma32013-03-2001-11-17-85.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/Genesis-Knight-Ace/th_arma32013-03-2001-26-26-13.png

DONE: Added a basic MS2000 Strobe to the Helmets (basic placeholder texture on the strobe [modeled by thedog88] and not sure about the exact scale to use, work-in-progress)

DONE: Repaired the goggles (now transparent)

IN PROGRESS: Add variations to the Strobe position

IN PROGRESS: Add a holder for the Strobe

IN PROGRESS: Improve Strobe texture (plus bump-mapping)

IN PROGRESS: Remove duplicate NV Mount (forgot to remove the placeholder example)

IN PROGRESS: Possibly add IR Tabs and additional straps around goggle harness

Apologies for the large delays with the helmets, hope to have an Alpha release in the next two or three days, time permitting.

Regards,

Austin.

Looking good mate :)

You might wanna edit the back of the mich a bit since it is slightly too curved, it should be more flat a bit like this:

iciAymf8hU9CN.png

Anyway should be an easy fix ;) keep up the awesome work man!

Edited by astast

Update:

th_arma32013-03-2004-29-36-78.png

th_arma32013-03-2004-29-53-49.png

th_arma32013-03-2004-30-05-09.png

th_arma32013-03-2004-30-51-66.png

DONE: Added a MS2000 Strobe to the Helmets (model by thedog88)

DONE: Goggles now transparent

DONE: Add variations to the Strobe position

DONE: Add a holder for the Strobe (basic box shape with ACU texture, best I can do personally)

DONE: Remove duplicate NV Mount (forgot to remove the placeholder example)

DONE: Add IR Tabs (Trying to find how to specify them as bright in IR mode) and additional straps around goggle harness

DONE: Reshape helmet rear to be less curved

DONE: Improve Strobe texture (best I can do personally)

I believe they are now ready for an Alpha release, I can only test them so much so if people would like I will release them as they are, to allow people to test them out, try them on MP and provide me with much needed feedback.

Regards,

Austin.

That's what i'm talking about :D

Super job there brother ;)

ALPHA RELEASE 0.5 - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150919-US-Army-Helmets-(Alpha-0-5)

I'm not sure what I am meant to do about this thread now that I have my release thread up, apologies to the moderators/administration team here if I'm meant to do something myself.

Regards,

Austin.

ALPHA RELEASE 0.5 - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150919-US-Army-Helmets-(Alpha-0-5)

I'm not sure what I am meant to do about this thread now that I have my release thread up, apologies to the moderators/administration team here if I'm meant to do something myself.

Regards,

Austin.

Just ask a moderator to close the this one do it by pm'ing one :)

Just ask a moderator to close the this one do it by pm'ing one :)

Or you can report your own post :)