Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E ArmA III - WIP

Keep Radio Chatter?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Radio Chatter?

• Yes, keep the Chatter.
    • No, delete the Chatter.
    • A version with Chatter, & one without.

Cant wait.

Will it be the MH-47E or will we get the MH-47G also? :)

Thanks

Best regards

Cant wait.

Will it be the MH-47E or will we get the MH-47G also? :)

Thanks

Best regards

MH-47E at the current time, in future i'll try & get a G variant out too.

Outstanding. Looking forward.

Any intel about Fastrope / Slingload? IgiLoad?

Outstanding. Looking forward.

Any intel about Fastrope / Slingload? IgiLoad?

Not at the moment.. Hopefully will have a bit more information on it soon though :D

Will this support John Spartans "Service Menu" for different paintjobs / etc?

Edited by Rages123

Glad to see you so close to releasing it. It's very nice :)

Ohhh ohhh..you was silence all this time and boom here comes the best thing i can fly in arma 3 :) Thank you so much cant wait

Will this support John Spartans "Service Menu" for different paintjobs / etc?

What other paintjobs? the MH-47 is only used by the 160th SOAR which use a matte black livery.

There's also no offensive weapons, only miniguns (and some which are fitted with rear 240's) and flares. The only time a XH-47 airframe was used in an offensive role was back in vietnam, so there's no purpose to a reloading menu either.

What other paintjobs? the MH-47 is only used by the 160th SOAR which use a matte black livery.

There's also no offensive weapons, only miniguns (and some which are fitted with rear 240's) and flares. The only time a XH-47 airframe was used in an offensive role was back in vietnam, so there's no purpose to a reloading menu either.

Ah, my mistake i wasnt aware only SOAR used it.

Edited by Rages123

Ah, my mistake i wasnt aware only SOAR used it.

they arn't the British use them aswell, but designated Chinook HC3s in a olive drab camo

Now this is a nice surprise! Can't wait to fly that thing again, thanks for your on going work on this.

drooling.jpg

Hell yes! I've been waiting for a bird like this to come out. Nice work man.

they arn't the British use them aswell, but designated Chinook HC3s in a olive drab camo

Not really, the HC.3s had all the stuff that makes the MH-47E what it is, ripped out (refuelling probe, terrain following radar, digital cockpit instrumentation etc.).

The HC.3s aren't that much different to the CH-47D model Chinooks operated by Greece in that they have the wider, long-range fuel tanks and weather-radar nose, but not the Special Operations Aircraft suite that the MH-47E has. There are several other countries that operate Chinooks with the "fat" fuel-tanks and/or radar nose but not the SOA kit as well.

Awesome work, just a little critique from someone who walks feet from Chinooks on a daily basis:

The main rotor doesn't droop while parked so much from the blades bending as from the spindle. I'd say 3 degrees from the hub would be about right. I'm not a Chinook maintainer/crewchief, so I couldn't tell you the exact number.

Would be killer if we could slot eotechs and ir lasers to the mini guns. Are you keeping AI flight values? AI flew these much more realisticly than the CH. They flew those like blackhawks. Ha. Red cabin lights? Will the wreck still feature usuable mini gun?plans on updating sounds?

Would be killer if we could slot eotechs and ir lasers to the mini guns. Are you keeping AI flight values? AI flew these much more realisticly than the CH. They flew those like blackhawks. Ha. Red cabin lights? Will the wreck still feature usuable mini gun?plans on updating sounds?

Yes the AI values will still be the same in ArmA3. Maybe a little bit better due to there updates from ArmA2. The red cabin lights are still there as I set them up to work correctly last week :) Not sure about the minigun on the wreck, haven't opened the wreck model since ArmA2 & no.. The sounds are staying as they are :D

Will the wreck still feature usuable mini gun?

Not sure if it's realistic. As far as I know, miniguns are fed with onboard electric grid, that means if engines are not functional the miniguns are not functional as well.

Not sure if it's realistic. As far as I know, miniguns are fed with onboard electric grid, that means if engines are not functional the miniguns are not functional as well.

IIRC they're based on the aircrafts battery. However they can be connected to an external battery which wouldn't require the aircraft to be generating power.

So much yes. :D

Very much looking forward to putting this in my missions!

I enjoyed this in A2 a lot, cannot wait to see it dusting round on the ArmA 3 engine!

What are the chances of getting someone sitting perched on the back of the ramp such like in your signature?!

Regards,

tmort