Sign in to follow this  
WinsStars

How can I presuade my A2 buddy to join me in A3?

You guys know A3 used some future tech (just experimental weapons to me, not future) in game, thats the problem for my buddy... He love those old school weapons such as AK, BTR, BMP, T-90, Mi-24 etc, just like me, but no "future" in his mind...

After saw the appearance of that RED faction's HMG car in alpha a few days ago, he almost refused my advice for lite invite before, even he don't need to pay just make a try first. He really can't accept the concept of A3... especially RED helmets, and that fictional (?) Mi-48.

Today I took a screenshot of railgun tank to chat group, he saw it too, and I think its breakdown his final willing to fight with me in A3... sigh...

You guys have some idea for me to convince him?

Don't, it's better for him to wait for the beta/release. In many ways :)

All features are in, all weapons and equipment. And there will also be content ported from A2 and older games.

Winfernal has a point, there will be more mods / official content later on, and thus would be easier to convince your friend to give it a go.

I very much dislike modern onward tech as well. I dislike how everything is made easier, i.e every man has a scope, lock on rockets and don't get me any where near lasers. However I've been loving Arma 3 Alpha, it's not Sci-Fi. It may be best to just nag your friend till there is more content, then start to push him more. The Arma 3 Lite has no multiplayer, so content is rather limited right now, and most the fun is in the multiplayer.

Winfernal has a point, there will be more mods / official content later on, and thus would be easier to convince your friend to give it a go.

I very much dislike modern onward tech as well. I dislike how everything is made easier, i.e every man has a scope, lock on rockets and don't get me any where near lasers. However I've been loving Arma 3 Alpha, it's not Sci-Fi. It may be best to just nag your friend till there is more content, then start to push him more. The Arma 3 Lite has no multiplayer, so content is rather limited right now, and most the fun is in the multiplayer.

The question here is. Since this franchise is supposed to tip on the realistic side...

Isn't easier better when compared to warfare in the real life? I mean, less casualties, less risks. And I don't think actual chopper pilots think "this is too easy" when they're using lock-on systems, for example.

Or should they also think about the gameplay side of things? It is an interesting discussion.

I looked at the future thing, I’m not really thinking of playing it that way. As you can probably see a few of the A2 mod/addons are beginning to come over to A3 already, so you could play it how you want, future or present day really. Should imagine many of the present day factions/weapons/vehicles etc used in A2, will be ported over.

I make missions, so its less of a problem for me, I will keep building missions based on present day and our groups ongoing campaign, to begin with. If I fancy changing later and setting some in the future, as is the game, I will, if the group I play with doesn't want future based missions, I'll just play SP for those.

I think there will be all kinds of missions/mods/addons etc made over time, probably end up with mods/campaigns set in the past i.e. WW1&2, players will want to use the new upgraded engine and details, underwater missions that have, so far, gone unmade because of the obvious limitations, I guess will be made. Think mini subs WW2, or even the supremacy of the U/Boats early on in the second world war, there are endless possibilities when you think about the modding community behind this series. Its all going to be made probably, just look at A2. Difference is, it will be much more realistic I think, simply because the environment looks and feels, more authentic when your in-game.

Coming or going from land to sea will be seamless, that’s a huge step forward I think, and I was really not going for the underwater thing. Until, I dived and swam on a dark night with average weather conditions from a boat off shore, along the seabed with limited view distance, so I was really hugging the seabed, then immerging at the shoreline on a small beach below the rocks, wow is all I can say. I was there for that short time, so immersive..:)

Hello there

You cant realistically make someone do something they fundamentally dont want to.

Offer him a free key to test it if he wants and leave it at that.

If he really is a big Arma fan, he will probably come aboard of his own free will when A2 content is hopefully officially ported over.

Rgds

LoK

You guys have some idea for me to convince him?

Wait till the beta or full release (or just give him the invite), BUT explain to him that anything that he wishes will probably available by the time it hits release status. Show him some examples from Arma 2 addons, like WWII mods, Vietnam mods etc, so he can get an idea as to how customizable it all is! 100% guerentee that modders will make current-gen equipment, gear, vehicles, soldiers etc. Issue is not IF, but WHEN :)

Thanks for all replys guys! And before I figure out how to convince him, I even learned more for myself.

Orlok is right, I can't realistically make someone do something they fundamentally don't want to. but I'm sure he is a big fan of ArmA, so I'll just relax, give him time, and let time do the work~

By the way, will BI offically port more last century weapon from A2 in release version? I mean without any MOD added.