noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

I would hardly call it a "problem", it just duplicates people's names. It doesn't crash TS or break anything, simply call it a "feature" and get over it.

I think it should be removed... it makes it so we dont have to force people to change their teamspeak 3 names to their ingame name... but it should be removed when you turn ACRE off.

I think it should be removed... it makes it so we dont have to force people to change their teamspeak 3 names to their ingame name... but it should be removed when you turn ACRE off.

ACRE doesn't do anything related to this...

ACRE work like a charm for me and my friends... I have just a problem, we can't find the 117 in ACRE BOX.... Any idea why ?

Thx.

Well, i realize this isn't really out yet or finished, but if you are using VAS Ammo Box, its filled with about 100000 radios and takes considerably longer to load. Just wanted to put that out there, you migh t want to consider this when you release the mod ;)

Also, the 117F doesn't have a GUI in Arma 3 but i guess you already know that ;) ^^

Other than that, this mod is my favourite for ArmA 3 and it works like a charm :)

Edited by Profecy

I'd like to make it work, but I do not succeed in it...

I downloaded UOCBA_A3, JayArm3Lib and Acre and installed them on my computer, and UOCBA+ACRE on my server (+ teamspeak).

Computer command line: -mod=@UOCBA_A3;@JayArma3Lib;@ACRE

Server command line: (...) -mod=@UOCBA_A3;@ACRE

When Verifsignature is 2, I can not join my server (red circle, and key problem with Acre files).

When Verifsignature is 0, I can join my server, but when I want to launch a mission where I've put a radio in a crate, I'm ejectec and back to the mission selection screen...

I'm very new to ACRE and to the addons installation, and don't very understand why it doesn't work, despite I've followed all installation instructions I've found.

Can somebody can help me ? Or is this the wrong topic ?

Thanks !

I'd like to make it work, but I do not succeed in it...

I downloaded UOCBA_A3, JayArm3Lib and Acre and installed them on my computer, and UOCBA+ACRE on my server (+ teamspeak).

Computer command line: -mod=@UOCBA_A3;@JayArma3Lib;@ACRE

Server command line: (...) -mod=@UOCBA_A3;@ACRE

When Verifsignature is 2, I can not join my server (red circle, and key problem with Acre files).

When Verifsignature is 0, I can join my server, but when I want to launch a mission where I've put a radio in a crate, I'm ejectec and back to the mission selection screen...

I'm very new to ACRE and to the addons installation, and don't very understand why it doesn't work, despite I've followed all installation instructions I've found.

Can somebody can help me ? Or is this the wrong topic ?

Thanks !

You need to run @JayArma3Lib on the server too.

When Verifsignature is 2 you cannot connect to it because you don't match the expansions keys (you get @Jayarma3lib and the server don't)

When Verifsignature is 0 you can join, but the server try to run ACRE and miss the @JayArma3Lib

So just get your own command line "-mod=@UOCBA_A3;@JayArma3Lib;@ACRE" on the server

Well, i realize this isn't really out yet or finished, but if you are using VAS Ammo Box, its filled with about 100000 radios and takes considerably longer to load. Just wanted to put that out there, you migh t want to consider this when you release the mod ;)

Also, the 117F doesn't have a GUI in Arma 3 but i guess you already know that ;) ^^

Other than that, this mod is my favourite for ArmA 3 and it works like a charm :)

Your VAS need to be updated, the new version doesn't give you lot of 343, But only one.

And if you want to get the others you have to save on the updated VAS a loadout with some in your backpack (you have to put a ACRE radio box the first time)

And the 117F gui inside the chopper worked for me.

Edited by Kable_

Just an heads up .. I am running everything correctly.. and I am still getting booted from my server when I use ACRE and verify sigs=2

The signatures are not working...

I have Everything launched correctly.. I have NO problems with jayarma3lib or st_acre_volume.. The ONLY mod keeping me from joining is ACRE.. so yea the keys, sigs for ACRE are broken.

If you can join your server running ACRE, whilst using VerifySignatures=2. Please post up and if possible PM me I would like to get your files.. maybe the ones i downloaded are corrupted? I got them threw PWS while UO's repo was still unlocked..

EDIT: I am adding mods to my server one at a time to see which ones keep me from entering due to bad keys/sigs.

The first one is always CBA...

With only @CBA_A3 I can connect to the server just fine.

With only @UOCBA_A3. I cannot connect to the server.

With @CBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib. I cannot connect to the server.

With @UOCBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib. I cannot connect to the server

With @UOCBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib;@ACRE. I cannot connect...

Using VerifySignatures=2 and command line is CUT and PASTED from the server's to the client, IE. they are running the Exact same mods.

Testing other mods with VerifySignatures=2 yields positive results..

@CBA_A3;@ASR_A3;@ASR_AI I can connect.

@CBA_A3;@ASR_A3;@ASR_AI;@norrin_Rflocc I can connect.

Edited by Lordprimate

You need to run @JayArma3Lib on the server too.

When Verifsignature is 2 you cannot connect to it because you don't match the expansions keys (you get @Jayarma3lib and the server don't)

When Verifsignature is 0 you can join, but the server try to run ACRE and miss the @JayArma3Lib

So just get your own command line "-mod=@UOCBA_A3;@JayArma3Lib;@ACRE" on the server

Thanks a lot, mate.

Hi,

I´ve detected the following problem with the new Arma 3 update v0.56. When lauching Arma with CBA and ACRE hi have the following message: file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found. Is like arma is not detecting some files from the CBA used with the ACRE Arma 3 version.

I have taken out this mods and I dont have this message errors... So I supose is a problem with @ACRE, @CBA and @UOCBA.

Does anyone else have this bug/error? Is there any update for ACRE?

BR

UPDATE:

It seems that wiht this new version CBA is using some commands that BIS is no longer using.... I believe is afecting also ACRE as ACRE uses CBA, UOCBA.

Edited by legio4777

Just an heads up .. I am running everything correctly.. and I am still getting booted from my server when I use ACRE and verify sigs=2

The signatures are not working...

I have Everything launched correctly.. I have NO problems with jayarma3lib or st_acre_volume.. The ONLY mod keeping me from joining is ACRE.. so yea the keys, sigs for ACRE are broken.

If you can join your server running ACRE, whilst using VerifySignatures=2. Please post up and if possible PM me I would like to get your files.. maybe the ones i downloaded are corrupted? I got them threw PWS while UO's repo was still unlocked..

EDIT: I am adding mods to my server one at a time to see which ones keep me from entering due to bad keys/sigs.

The first one is always CBA...

With only @CBA_A3 I can connect to the server just fine.

With only @UOCBA_A3. I cannot connect to the server.

With @CBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib. I cannot connect to the server.

With @UOCBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib. I cannot connect to the server

With @UOCBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib;@ACRE. I cannot connect...

Using VerifySignatures=2 and command line is CUT and PASTED from the server's to the client, IE. they are running the Exact same mods.

Testing other mods with VerifySignatures=2 yields positive results..

@CBA_A3;@ASR_A3;@ASR_AI I can connect.

@CBA_A3;@ASR_A3;@ASR_AI;@norrin_Rflocc I can connect.

Same here. It appears that ACRE Jay and CBA won´t work on a verifySignature=2 Server. Using Stable Branch. Maybe that´s the cause?

Or can anyone fix this??? Don´t want to set the verifySignature to 0!

Thanks in Advance

Is there any information about the development of this mod? Is it going to be correctly ported to A3? Cant find any up-to-date information anywhere. Currently have it working on A3, but theres lots of things which dont work, key bind conflicts etc. Would be great to know if theres any development happening any time soon.

Very very good! Looking forward to the release!

Since 2 months = Nothing about ACRE :mad:

It is a joke ? :mad:

Since it is possible to put the UO version (existing since more than 1 month), we should and we would like have just a beta version at least :j: ...

Since 2 months = Nothing about ACRE :mad:

It is a joke ? :mad:

Since it is possible to put the UO version (existing since more than 1 month), we should and we would like have just a beta version at least :j: ...

I don't understand what's bothering you, since it's almost the same version as before and that you can get it on their FTP

Moreover I'm almost sure they are working on ACRE2 so I see no reason to complain.

Angry faces and rolling eyes... I don't get that, you seem upset?

You are in no position to demand anything!

You are in no position to demand anything!

I know! But in the beginning, the UO had it to test it! Ok

There's more than 1 month now!

We could have a version to test too (not the UO version)!

I understand for the ACRE2 version, and i will waiting for it as long as needed (i can't do other evenif i wanted :p )

But for the "classical" ACRE (imported from arma 2), everywhere i find ACRE, it is unofficial versions... modified UO versions! And since few days, there's a problem with Jayarmalib on servers (i don't know how to solve it :( )

Then i suppose the author should like people have an official "alpha" or "beta" version, than "unofficial" and/or "modified" versions ? doesn't he?

Somebody might have confirmation there might be changes or new exports with ARMA 3's Voice Over Network feature, making easier programming for this ACRE mod and/or making the redundant TeamSpeak not necessary.

Think the developers are well aware now of the redundancy of using TeamSpeak versus the inline/static ARMA VON.

I'm getting more used to the inline VON, but map developers need to get a little radio experience and use groups more efficiently. A very good example, keeping all pilots within the same group so they all know when they're at the runway/landing area, effectively preventing crashes. Keeping all pilots within the same group, avoids flight operations interfering with priority side chats. Some developers unfortunately think it's cool to use separate groups for pilots.

As far as other positions, think they also need to double medics within groups, instead of only having one slot for a medic. Likely for engineer/repair as well.

When servers promote TeamSpeak, everything gets pushed into one channel, making radio chatter a nightmare to listen to.

dont forget, ive he releases he will probably try to keep the mod up to date, so ive he has to much to do and wouldnt be able to keep it up to date then it would be the same

Somebody might have confirmation there might be changes or new exports with ARMA 3's Voice Over Network feature, making easier programming for this ACRE mod and/or making the redundant TeamSpeak not necessary.

Think the developers are well aware now of the redundancy of using TeamSpeak versus the inline/static ARMA VON.

I'm getting more used to the inline VON, but map developers need to get a little radio experience and use groups more efficiently. A very good example, keeping all pilots within the same group so they all know when they're at the runway/landing area, effectively preventing crashes. Keeping all pilots within the same group, avoids flight operations interfering with priority side chats. Some developers unfortunately think it's cool to use separate groups for pilots.

As far as other positions, think they also need to double medics within groups, instead of only having one slot for a medic. Likely for engineer/repair as well.

When servers promote TeamSpeak, everything gets pushed into one channel, making radio chatter a nightmare to listen to.

In game VON still sucks. There is no redundancy in using Teamspeak. When in game VON can support 150 players all talking at once then maybe we will look at it as a viable alternative (still unlikely as you don't have nearly as much control as you do in a TS plugin).

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

I know! But in the beginning, the UO had it to test it! Ok

There's more than 1 month now!

We could have a version to test too (not the UO version)!

I understand for the ACRE2 version, and i will waiting for it as long as needed (i can't do other evenif i wanted :p )

But for the "classical" ACRE (imported from arma 2), everywhere i find ACRE, it is unofficial versions... modified UO versions! And since few days, there's a problem with Jayarmalib on servers (i don't know how to solve it :( )

Then i suppose the author should like people have an official "alpha" or "beta" version, than "unofficial" and/or "modified" versions ? doesn't he?

Slow your roll there hombre. I haven't gotten around to the release. I am the only one working on ACRE now (Jaynus has pretty much left the Arma community) and I am in school now too and looking for steady work (ACRE doesn't pay anything, thinking about asking for donations, but we'll see).

The official release will be almost 100% exactly the same as what UO is using right now. The only possible change is a version number update and thats it. Functionally it will be exactly the same. If you want to pull from UO right now thats fine, it will be no different from the official release. I just haven't gotten around to packing everything up and making some decent instructions for installation, etc.

I finally got around to trying this out. Thanks for your hard work. It is an excellent plugin that makes the whole experience much richer.

Erm, with ACRE that isn't an issue surely? It is like the whole point after all.

Jsmuk: From what has been stated, TeamSpeak is only used as it provides the hooks to hook into ARMA. ARMA currently does not provide the hooks needed for ACRE.

Yes, ARMA 3 does separate the communications into groups, but most map developers haven't yet figured-out pilots need to be within one group to simulate airport communications which forces people into "side chat" with chatter undesired for most others.

I made of a fuss about the in line ARMA 3 VON as it did not restrict communication outside the range possible for radio communications, which promoted people to talk over each other all the time. I am slowly getting used to the ARMA 3 VON and making better use of it nowadays. I think a lot of other players as well, as you see them effectively grouping together and the chatter is pretty much silent with 10+ players. Only when players fall below less than ten, do you start to see some excessive but acceptable usage of side chat. (But, it's also likely they can't talk because they're suppose to be asleep at these late/early hours because they're kids. ;-) Personally, if ARMA 3 were to export these channels for external mods, likely TeamSpeak will not be needed. In other words, simple channel renaming to frequencies instead of alphabetic labelling. But in the real world most things are now digital, providing alphabetic labelling and better streaming.

Like I said, think ARMA 3 VON just needs some performance tweaks.

1) Allow mods such as ACRE

2) Map developers need to place pilots all in one group to simulate air traffic control as traffic is self moderated.

3) Map developers should put an extra medic into the groups. For when they respawn, not knowing their main function of healing, etc.

4) NouberNou just stated ARMA 3 VON needs scalibility.

5) Communications should be restricted by range, unless a repeater is used. And I've been told this is something the ARMA 3 team is not interested in and pointed this feature towards the ACRE mod.

The game servers currently trying to promote TeamSpeak, communications are horrid with exponential undesirable chatter making communications completely inaudible. I find the ARMA 3 VON much better than using TeamSpeak without ACRE, as ACRE still isn't functioning within the Developer base servers I visit.

I'd be glad to hear any further tips. ;-) Oh and NouberNou, keep school a priority and ignore us whiners whining for free stuff. ;-) ... My intention here is, similar to all programming projects, if there are less dependencies the easier the programming or scripting for ACRE. Another option, make sure the scripting or coding is open sourced or easily accessible for others to take on the project and use it as part of your resume.

Edited by rogerx
Forgot about the kiddies. ;-)