noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

So when the Release is do we need TS Version 3.0.15 or can we stay at 3.0.12 ? I ask this because we still play Arma 2 with Acre and all above TS Version 3.0.12 f**** up with acre.

You can have as many TS client versions installed at the same time as you want. That's how I do it. I have one 3.0.12 version and one 3.0.15 installed.

Quick question :)

Will AI be able to hear and react to enemy direct coms for coop scenarios ?

I'm curious Nou I saw the video where you can put the radio on your body on loud speaker so infantry around you can hear you. Is this something you are going to put on vehicles too? So like putting a megaphone on the cars etc to shout out stuff over a distance? Always wanted something like that...

Quick question :)

Will AI be able to hear and react to enemy direct coms for coop scenarios ?

While already possible to do with the API in both ACRE 1 and 2 , it is not currently a feature of the mod, given Nou evidently does not want to force mission makers to use specific features I doubt it will be.

While already possible to do with the API in both ACRE 1 and 2 , it is not currently a feature of the mod, given Nou evidently does not want to force mission makers to use specific features I doubt it will be.

Ah that's a shame... Could it not simply be integrated as an ACRE Realism module you would place down on the map... I always thought the ability to be shouting to your mates target locations and not attract Ai fire was super un-realistic.

SJ

BIS has been picking up the slack and adding methods ACRE (and the community) have been asking for and those improvements are going into the current release candidates!

I'm really curious what did BIS added to enable further improvements.

Mostly vector commands (really speeds up a lot of things) and the ability to get the index of a person in cargo, which helps a lot with figuring out where a person is in a vehicle.

Oh yeah Nou I just recalled that BI guys mentioned you in latest siterep :D

"In other news - for those that like to dig a little deeper - social-media scan-bot, Borivoj Hlava, uncovered a detailed guide to getting the most out of Arma 3's many configuration options, while long-time/suffering community member, NouberNou, presented 'Carma', an object-oriented programming extension to SQF. Splendid stuff!"

Sitrep

:D

Nou, just a quick thought. We've moved to TFAR as the A3 Acre hack was causing us some issues... We're really looking forward to moving back to ACRE. BUT please tell me you have a solution for the "saved radio id's" issue. I.e. if I use Virtual Armory or Lea to save my loadout including a radio. It saves the ID which could conflict with another player's ID.

We were thinking it might be an idea to creat ID's based on a Hashed User id ? I.e. my player id in game Lt. Serjames is somehow configured into a unique id that then can stay with the radio with no fear of miss-use....

Anyway - I assume you've got that licked..

SJ

Ah right ToadBall I did not know it was already possible.

Dont suppose you could tell me the script command I need to add to my mission to turn this function on ?

I have been using this API http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Class_Names_and_API#Unit-Speaking-State-Functions

Am i using an incorrect API as I don't see anything about Enemy AI on it.

Sorry if I am doing something wrong its just I have never seen a function to allow the AI to hear players.

Edited by BL1P

In place of providing the actual function I use, unsure if I have permission from the authors to redistribute it here, the simplest implementation would be:

A PFH which will use acre_api_fnc_isSpeaking to determine if a player is speaking, then using the duration they have been speaking and distance over which a player can be heard determine the AI units that can hear them. Using the reveal command and the list of units drawn from above you can artificially make the AI aware of the player's presence.

You could also go on to check the enemy AI for radios using acre_api_fnc_hasKindOfRadio to determine if they can report the contact and who they can report it to allowing for more AI to be made aware of the threats in the area.

Thanks for the info m8.

I was more kinda asking if ACRE has or would have this time an acre_api_EnemyAI_can_hear=true; function type thingy :p .

Alot different than writing my own function and scripts which would no doubt suck if I wrote them :)

I just downloaded an update for Arma 3 i think we can launch

edit : f*** bis troll me .... 700 bytes update that's not the good one !

Damn steam got me with a downloaded 0 bytes / 0 bytes

BIS said it would come soon, if they maintain their usual schedule it should come out thursday or friday at 13/14 GMT+1.

Currently downloading a 343MB file for ArmA 3 and I am guessing it is on the dev build since that is the one I am using now.

Sounds like legit info to me. will ACRE2 support new versions of ts or just older ones?