noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Why isn't ACRE using Mumble... haven't had such a mindfuck with software before. Right now, after hours of trying to get it to work, TS decided to make me completely inaudible to my friend. My icon flashes, in tests I can hear myself and TS moves the bar, but he can't hear me. Also keyboard hotkeys refuse to work.

Lil Feedback: When ACRE plugin is present keyboard hotkeys for TS do not work and can not be set. When its moved out of the folder it's fine.

What version of TS?

Why isn't ACRE using Mumble... haven't had such a mindfuck with software before. Right now, after hours of trying to get it to work, TS decided to make me completely inaudible to my friend. My icon flashes, in tests I can hear myself and TS moves the bar, but he can't hear me. Also keyboard hotkeys refuse to work.

Lil Feedback: When ACRE plugin is present keyboard hotkeys for TS do not work and can not be set. When its moved out of the folder it's fine.

-----

TS3 version PRE 3.0.13

After = fuck ups with direct input.

-----

Roll back to 3.0.11 the ACRE you are using is not compatible really with anything past this point. (remember you're using a bodged Arma 2 code versions NOT the unreleased ACRE2)

SJ

I've had various issues with rolling back to 3.0.11, but the main issue is the ACRE plugins coming up in red and not allowing me to select them. :(

I can live without it for some time, but not forever!

So acre for ArmA 2 is abandoned now?

So acre for ArmA 2 is abandoned now?

Not really, but kind of. :p

Saw yesterday again why i want ACRE 2 so much TFAR is full of **** in A3. I hope ACRE2 is coming soon....

Not really, but kind of. :p

is it at least compatible with the lastest TS3?

Roll back to 3.0.11 the ACRE you are using is not compatible really with anything past this point. (remember you're using a bodged Arma 2 code versions NOT the unreleased ACRE2)

SJ

Saw yesterday again why i want ACRE 2 so much TFAR is full of **** in A3. I hope ACRE2 is coming soon....

meh, i like TFAR functions, like having a radio per stereo channel, the underwater radio and such, although i find it SOMEWHAT hard to use (although i dont use it to begin with at all because i am not in a clan)

Amazes me people don't know that ACRE can do all these things.... Stereo by radio has been available for years mate :-)

Underwater radios, now they are cool - not that you'll get THIS Marine to stick his head underwater...lol

SJ

Yea, I am confused why people think all these features in ACRE1 are new in TFAR... Like I've heard people say "oh well the other team has different frequencies"... What shoddy mission maker gives everyone the same radio in ACRE1 and doesn't give the other team different channels? The reason it isn't automated is because automating it removes customization and it's honestly not that much work to set different channel data.

I have even heard people say "you can set custom channels in TFAR". I am pretty sure they have never used ACRE1 at that point. Very confusing. I have nothing against TFAR, but some of it's fans are pretty rabid.

Yea, I am confused why people think all these features in ACRE1 are new in TFAR... Like I've heard people say "oh well the other team has different frequencies"... What shoddy mission maker gives everyone the same radio in ACRE1 and doesn't give the other team different channels? The reason it isn't automated is because automating it removes customization and it's honestly not that much work to set different channel data.

I have even heard people say "you can set custom channels in TFAR". I am pretty sure they have never used ACRE1 at that point. Very confusing. I have nothing against TFAR, but some of it's fans are pretty rabid.

Sorry if you got me wrong, i am not a fanboy, i know very well how TFAR was made thanks to ACRE and i used ACRE a lot during the days before arma 3, its just that i personally dont like modded ports from A2 to A3 and all i was looking at was ACRE ports until TFAR showed up.

Why do we have to debate over "TFAR or ACRE" every two pages?

Why do we have to debate over "TFAR or ACRE" every two pages?

Well I'd assume for one because people like to fanboy over something, even though TFAR and ACRE obviously have different scopes. And secondly, because unfortunately Nouber has still no public ACRE release we can talk about, so people get bored and distracted.

So after yesterdays tests and sleeping on making a decision, I've decided that I can give a somewhat firm release date for ACRE2. There are some features in ACRE2 that require things in the development branch, and to minimize headache I do not want to release until those things are in the stable branch.

So when the stable branch is next updated with the current dev branch changes I will release ACRE2 within 48 hours. It is pretty much ready to go.

There are a few things I want to add in the mean time for mission makers, but they are just niceties that do not affect functional use by players. I also plan to open up a donations/funding campaign at the same time for my own future work on ACRE2 as well as other projects I am involved in. :)

by other projects you mean ACE ? ahah :p nice news ! i'm waiting that with a lot of impatience

Just out of interest Nou, what is it that has been added in the dev branch that you require?

So after yesterdays tests and sleeping on making a decision, I've decided that I can give a somewhat firm release date for ACRE2. There are some features in ACRE2 that require things in the development branch, and to minimize headache I do not want to release until those things are in the stable branch.

So when the stable branch is next updated with the current dev branch changes I will release ACRE2 within 48 hours. It is pretty much ready to go.

There are a few things I want to add in the mean time for mission makers, but they are just niceties that do not affect functional use by players. I also plan to open up a donations/funding campaign at the same time for my own future work on ACRE2 as well as other projects I am involved in. :)

Yay !

Far more I want to say but sounds to much like a rant about mods that were created to fill a gap.... So just YAY !

So when the Release is do we need TS Version 3.0.15 or can we stay at 3.0.12 ? I ask this because we still play Arma 2 with Acre and all above TS Version 3.0.12 f**** up with acre.

You will need the latest. I am going to try and address that issue in the mean time.