noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Don't get crazy Nou, there are way more important things than that, like Carts!

Or fashion shows! :hyper:

beware the voting acre fans

maybe we have to wait til the release of the helicopter DLC

atleast with this dlc there is a need for a feature like this

*dreams of hatched passanger seats to fire from*

keep your work up

PS there is already a vote down

Well it's already acknowledged so maybe there is hope... :rolleyes:

PS: Is it me or is the feedback tracker ticket gone ?!

Edited by Vasilyevich

Access Denied.

I cant up vote wtf !

@BL1P, @Nuno Basto

Don't worry, it's being addressed. :)

Hopefully things will go alright, NouberNou.

So far, even though in terms of functionality (from what I can see from the odd link or two posted in the thread ) it's very similar to TFAR, ACRE might take the lead when it comes to small but important details.

Good luck out there!

The best Arma 3 mod so far.

I really like the medical system, and thanks for the wiki!

The best Arma 3 mod so far.

I really like the medical system, and thanks for the wiki!

Erm... medical system? But this is the ACRE thread? Unless... the radios can now heal us! That has to be it! ;)

That must be what Nou is working on.............

Edited by meat147

Major Bug: When using the Virtual Arsenal system ACRE causes a "343.paa" file to be missing and causes it to take forever to load, spawn up graphical errors, and then inevitably freeze the character staring at themselves. Had this error with multiple people testing it, I believe it could be caused by overloading the virtual arsenal system as there are about 50 copies of the 343 radio, 147 VHF, etc. etc.

So fun little bit of info, ACRE2 seems to be working perfectly fine as far as I can tell in A2OA. :)
Awesome news ! :D

Had this error with multiple people testing it, I believe it could be caused by overloading the virtual arsenal system as there are about 50 copies of the 343 radio, 147 VHF, etc. etc.

This is the result of the virtual armoury including all content that is not scope = 0, only one of those radios is the plain acre_prc343 or whichever. The other radios are all possible radios and their ids.

This is arguably an issue with arsenal and not ACRE.

I would be inclined to believe the hang you experienced to be related to the addition of one of these scope = 1 radios to the unit inventory. Unfortunately I won't be able to confirm this until later tonight.

@BL1P, @Nuno Basto

Hopefully things will go alright, NouberNou.

So far, even though in terms of functionality (from what I can see from the odd link or two posted in the thread ) it's very similar to TFAR, ACRE might take the lead when it comes to small but important details.

Good luck out there!

And TFAR is functionally the same as ACRE1 for ARMA 2 (which came out a long time ago).

In fact, I'd go so far to say that ACRE2 will be way different from TFAR than ACRE1 was. :/

And TFAR is functionally the same as ACRE1 for ARMA 2 (which came out a long time ago).

In fact, I'd go so far to say that ACRE2 will be way different from TFAR than ACRE1 was. :/

I can only judge from videos since I'm not a tester, Toad's videos from a few pages back are a good showoff of features.

From what I've seen so far, if you want to use it plug and play like ACRE1, there's nothing stopping you from doing so. The channel and volume knobs work just the same as the original so long as you don't fiddle with the radio settings.

I can only judge from videos since I'm not a tester, Toad's videos from a few pages back are a good showoff of features.

From what I've seen so far, if you want to use it plug and play like ACRE1, there's nothing stopping you from doing so. The channel and volume knobs work just the same as the original so long as you don't fiddle with the radio settings.

Of course. I'm speaking in terms of functionality directly. :) TFAR is like an open source acre 1, and acre 2 is a reimagining of acre 1, with what I would say better features (multichannel audio sounds amazing)

I have a quick question about TS server; Do we need to do anything with it, install some files there, select ports or anything? Or is just the TS client plugin and Arma 3 addon that's needed?

I have a quick question about TS server; Do we need to do anything with it, install some files there, select ports or anything? Or is just the TS client plugin and Arma 3 addon that's needed?

Purely client side, however you might need to change some spam settings on the server if your server mentions anything about messages being blocked.

Why isn't ACRE using Mumble... haven't had such a mindfuck with software before. Right now, after hours of trying to get it to work, TS decided to make me completely inaudible to my friend. My icon flashes, in tests I can hear myself and TS moves the bar, but he can't hear me. Also keyboard hotkeys refuse to work.

Lil Feedback: When ACRE plugin is present keyboard hotkeys for TS do not work and can not be set. When its moved out of the folder it's fine.

Edited by Pakislav