noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

While ACRE2 is designed to be highly portable to other RV engine games the amount of backporting at the moment would be fairly high. It would depend on a number of factors and might include a number of features not being supported in ACRE2 for A2.

That being said, there might also be time to upgrade ACRE1 for A2 to support the latest TS3 and fix some older bugs.

I realise asking you to go back and fix "outdated software" is alot to ask for, but fixing ACRE1 in regards making it work with the latest TS version would be very appricated. The group I play in is facing a bit of an issue where we want to use ACRE2 in A3 but we havent left A2 yet (running both games pararrel), meaning that we are going to have to run two teamspeak versions in the future. We are not the only community facing this issue, so it would be really nice to see it resolved.

Thanks alot for your recent activity in the thread, its been really nice to be able follow the progress.

Keep up the good work! :D

There is way to avoid it, but im sure author dont like when some1 doing it :P

Wait for open test release like we are. Its worth waiting, trust me :)

Edited by Alduric

there is no open Beta at this moment

(if you read the message you might understand it)

is only a beta rc(release candidate) and its not released

and even if its beta there is the possibility that its not released

wait until nou/the team post a released version on this thread

Edited by SaltatorMortis

*snip*

A release candidate for a public beta is not a public beta.

.... meaning that we are going to have to run two teamspeak versions in the future. We are not the only community facing this issue, so it would be really nice to see it resolved.....

And this opens another can of worms.

It adds another level of complexity that people will not want to deal with.

I've had multiple installs of TS3 for a while now because of playing A2 with ACRE regularly and other servers having compatiility issues with TS3 3.0.11.1. Some servers will even spaz out if you connect with the ACRE plugin enabled causing a kick or even a ban (its happened to me several times).

With the latest .15 version the config files are not backwards compatible. If you install with the default options where it installs the config files to appdata, a warning pops up when launching 3.0.11 after installing 3.0.15 because you basically have a global config folder in appdata that now has .15 settings.

You must install 3.0.15 with the option to keep config files in the TS3 directory, which might not work on everyone's setup depending on install location and system security settings, as well as some vulnerabilities in older versions of TS3.

IDK how much work and time it will take to update ACRE 1 to the latest TS3 version or make ACRE 2 work in A2, but I think these are the best option for security and compatibility issues.

^this

I stopped playing arma for a while because of that.

The two versions conflict with each other and it's a pain to manage them together.

So I was thinking. Since ACRE basically knows which player is actually talking wouldn't it be possible to implement an overlay that adds who's talking on the radio in the small radio-box (maybe not realistic) and a small overlay (with the name) over the user who is talking locally.

The problem this would fix is that one doesnt always know the voices of the people talking and seeing the name is a good way to learn that.

There is ofcourse overlays for teamspeak but they are not always functioning and also might not be compatible with the same TS release as ACRE

Or you could use radio protocols.

So I was thinking. Since ACRE basically knows which player is actually talking wouldn't it be possible to implement an overlay that adds who's talking on the radio in the small radio-box (maybe not realistic) and a small overlay (with the name) over the user who is talking locally.

The problem this would fix is that one doesnt always know the voices of the people talking and seeing the name is a good way to learn that.

There is ofcourse overlays for teamspeak but they are not always functioning and also might not be compatible with the same TS release as ACRE

That could be easily accomplished by a mission maker using the currently available API functions.

While some radios have a 'caller ID' esque function, having given the relevant manuals a look over, the radios currently in ACRE2 do not have this function in reality. The time spent implementing it where it shouldn't be could be better spent on other features.

The easiest way to avoid confusion about who is talking, and to whom especially when there are unfamiliar voices on the net, is using good radio voice procedure. A very simple guide if you're not familiar with the concept.

---==NijaKillaElite69==--- this is IownjuallsLOL1992 over

(they are playing Altis life with acre)

The easiest way to avoid confusion about who is talking, and to whom especially when there are unfamiliar voices on the net, is using good radio voice procedure. A very simple guide if you're not familiar with the concept.

I can NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH in ACRE2 since by default radios act like radios do in real life, in that if you are speaking on a radio you will not hear other people and most likely you will be blotting out other people as well. Proper comms etiquette is extremely important, especially using "break" to break up long messages since if you are rambling on for a minute about something (which shouldn't happen in the first place), you might be holding the net for that entire time while some other squad is calling in saying they are being killed and need help.

But maybe the Radios should have an Caller ID.

Iam a Funker in the German Rescue System and I see who is Talkin on my Digital Radio.

When Florian 2 (Fire Deparment) press the PTT i see that on my radio.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouisd95slc5s5jc/radio.jpg

That Radio is an Motorala 850

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/XC-DE/Product+Lines/Dimetra+TETRA/TETRA+Terminals/TETRA+Hand+Portables/MTP850_XC-DE

Afaik also used by the German Army in Afghanistan.

Edited by meat147

But maybe the Radios should have an Caller ID.

Iam a Funker in the German Rescue System and I see who is Talkin on my Digital Radio.

When Florian 2 (Fire Deparment) press the PTT i see that on my radio.

Yep, and the 148 also shows what channel you are getting a signal on (though it's not implemented yet).

It isn't that the radio is sending who is talking to you anymore than it is your radio associating that signal with that channel (most likely, if you have a digital voice network with VON it might send that data, but it is doubtful you are using a digital trunk network of that nature).

Anyways, if the radios support it in real life then I will try and implement it in ACRE2 in that radio. I am not going to add a little hint though in the corner for when you get a radio message.

I can NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH in ACRE2 since by default radios act like radios do in real life, in that if you are speaking on a radio you will not hear other people and most likely you will be blotting out other people as well. Proper comms etiquette is extremely important, especially using "break" to break up long messages since if you are rambling on for a minute about something (which shouldn't happen in the first place), you might be holding the net for that entire time while some other squad is calling in saying they are being killed and need help.

Its great when people say "break" but they forget to let go of the mic button, then start rambling again.

(I make that mistake alot)

I mean you should be able to see that information when you open your radio not through the hint that we know from acre 1.

And it should also be maybe configure able (not the playername so you can change that to your actual call sign).

As an example my Ingame name is meat but my Squad name is Misfit so the other Callers see not meat they see Misfit. I hope you understand ?

also added a little bit of information to my other post:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouisd95slc5s5jc/radio.jpg

That Radio is an Motorala 850

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/XC-DE/Product+Lines/Dimetra+TETRA/TETRA+Terminals/TETRA+Hand+Portables/MTP850_XC-DE

Afaik also used by the German Army in Afghanistan.

Or you could use radio protocols.
Anyways, if the radios support it in real life then I will try and implement it in ACRE2 in that radio. I am not going to add a little hint though in the corner for when you get a radio message.

Ok I agree Caller ID is maybe not an option for radios who dont have it. But if you are talking locally to someone (ie not via radio) I assume that ACRE still know about it (since its range limited) and then you are not using radio protocolls.

Ok I agree Caller ID is maybe not an option for radios who dont have it. But if you are talking locally to someone (ie not via radio) I assume that ACRE still know about it (since its range limited) and then you are not using radio protocolls.

It is my opinion, that ACRE handles this well. You have directional hearing, which works so much better than it does in TFAR. So you hear a voice to your right, you know its the guy on your right; you can see his lips move as well.

The mission of this Modification, and correct me if I'm wrong, is to create a more immersible experience, not a more convenient one.

It is my opinion that ACRE has done its job.

So fun little bit of info, ACRE2 seems to be working perfectly fine as far as I can tell in A2OA. :)

Nevermind

Edited by kllrt
remove please.

So fun little bit of info, ACRE2 seems to be working perfectly fine as far as I can tell in A2OA. :)

When for PUBLIC BETA?

When for PUBLIC BETA?

Soon?

Calm down lol. I want to have a smooth release, so I am taking my time with these final private release candidates.

At march 14 in 2013 you anounced A.C.R.E. for Arma 3.

I have not shaved since then. This is how i look like today (sorry for the instagram filter)

sittinghans2.jpg

Kidding, take your time man.. this way we know it will be awesome when it's ready!