noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Sadly this is a technical limitation of Teamspeak, in that local sounds on the radio from that position would have to come across Teamspeaks voice stream from that person, which would be going to everyone, including the people around them that wouldn't be hearing them on the radio, so they'd hear gunfire noises and stuff coming from the mouth of the person talking on the radio. It'd just be confusing.

Isn't this what is happening when you use speakers instead of headsets?

Isn't this what is happening when you use speakers instead of headsets?

When people use speakers instead on headset there is often the game sound on the background of their mic, yes. But it isn't being done by ACRE it's just a bi product of people that don't use their headsets.

Wow, I was just thinking about how a function like this would make pvp so much better, and here you are making it a reality. Outstanding!

If you don't mind the enemy sounding like probe droids... :P

If you don't mind the enemy sounding like probe droids... :P

I honestly wouldn't even mind if it isn't too hilarious.

Sadly this is a technical limitation of Teamspeak, in that local sounds on the radio from that position would have to come across Teamspeaks voice stream from that person, which would be going to everyone, including the people around them that wouldn't be hearing them on the radio, so they'd hear gunfire noises and stuff coming from the mouth of the person talking on the radio. It'd just be confusing.

I understand, too bad... Anyway I'm glad you explored that option as it could have been plain awesome.

Another question if I may - would you create an acoustic radio for divers?

Another question if I may - would you create an acoustic radio for divers?

I'd need a real world radio to work off of.

If someone wants to make an addon to ACRE2 though with a fictional underwater radio then they are more than allowed to. :) Making radios for ACRE2 is "easy" compared to ACRE1.

I'd need a real world radio to work off of.

If someone wants to make an addon to ACRE2 though with a fictional underwater radio then they are more than allowed to. :) Making radios for ACRE2 is "easy" compared to ACRE1.

Do you just need the Sound like how it sounds ?

Or do you need a real Radio ?

He needs to have a radio to make all functions realistic.

Realistic range, attachments, correct GUI, etc.

He needs to have a radio to make all functions realistic.

Realistic range, attachments, correct GUI, etc.

It's all there.

Will we be seeing any 'ancient' radios like the AN/PRC77 set, or are you more focusing on the more modern radios?

On another point, after looking at some information on the AN/PRC 148, I noticed the immersion depth is a max of 20 meters. Will this be implemented? It would definitely add a sense of difficulty in planning missions - you won't simply be able to dive to the bottom of the ocean floor and sneak through anymore, you will have to maintain a depth that of above 20 meters, meaning you may have to change routes in order to increase your stealthiness. A water-damaged variant may have patchy operability, or not even be operable at all.

Edited by Sanguinius51

I'll probably do the 77 since it was a very common radio in the 1970s and 80s even through the mid 90s. I just need a good GUI for it. It was one of the radios I had hoped to experiment with doing a full 3D interface, but there are still some Arma 3 engine limitations preventing me from doing that.

Will ACRE 2 have new beep sound when pressing radio button or is it the same from ACRE 1? If its the same then is it possible to change it? Or do different radios have different beep sound (that would be awesome btw) ? For me in ACRE 1 that beep sound was little to long. I like beeps from TFAR, they feel very vanilla for me.

Wysłane z mojego Xperia Live with Walkman przy użyciu Tapatalka

Trying to sort out the correct beep sounds, but at release they very well might be the default ACRE1 ones though.

That being said, all sounds are able to be modded and they loaded as traditional Arma 3 assets in PBOs and defined in configs so anyone can make a sound replacement mod. The sounds just need to be the right format and converted using an included tool in the release. They are automatically loaded into Teamspeak at game start. :)

If you need a reference for the AN/PRC 77 Set, I'm here. I've had hands on experience with it. I hate it, but I do know it.

If you need a reference for the AN/PRC 77 Set, I'm here. I've had hands on experience with it. I hate it, but I do know it.

haha same here. Hating the 77 is part of being a soldier...

Heavy, pain to use, putting the batteries in is just stupid...

They're still good, but you hate them at the same time.

The 77 is highly reliable yet clumsy and heavy piece of crap. They had that long antenna that was a pain, too. There was once a soldier that got electrocuted when it hit a high power line. I also hated how they always topple when tied to a carrier because of a weird center of mass. I think they are used in the IDF since the 60's god damn it. You had to assign one of your best soldiers to carry it and act as the CO's radioman, because it was not an easy task to carry this weight and keep up with the CO at the same time.

I used to ask to carry my sections 77 set every time we went on exercise/patrol when I was a Army Cadet......that might be just because I was young and wanted to play army, but I liked the extra challange. If you asked me today to do the same, forget it.

I used to ask to carry my sections 77 set every time we went on exercise/patrol when I was a Army Cadet......that might be just because I was young and wanted to play army, but I liked the extra challange. If you asked me today to do the same, forget it.

Brown nose !