noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

VOIP can be disabled on the server for all missions, thats where that option should probably stay.

As for disabling the radio text, that should also be up to mission makers/server admins. In a lot of cases it is still useful to be able to see the *chat messages for a number of reasons (administration, JIP, etc).

I think you misunderstood about chat messages.

I was talking about the ones you character says(sends as a group message) when he spots an enemy etc .

They cant be disabled by mission makers. They can only be disabled client side or by an addon.

But hey no worries m8 just a sugestion :)

Easy turn off functions for scripting would be cool, but I do think in some scenarios you can be downed and still call for help (ie:Squriming around animation or somthing)

Obviously if your unconcious that is a different story.

I can see it being a good idea if ACRE did disable some stuff but should really be an option. A module would be a good idea, or a optional server-side pbo that does it. <--(Good idea right?:D)

(Or both)

Vehicle based radios is an amazing idea, should try to make compatible with scripting though, even if that means we have to manually define the point in xyz coords the sound emits from and maybe even the range and some other cool shit, then choose which GUI (Radio) it uses. (hopefully this makes sense)

That would be legit.

Vehicle radios are going to be highly improved from ACRE1. I am trying to make the entire system as natural to the game's mechanics as possible (aka mostly using inventory systems, racking a radio would be putting a radio in a specialized container [aka backpack] inside the vehicle).

I am not sure if people are forgetting or not, but most of these features people are suggesting have been in ACRE1 for years. :p

I had a highly productive testing session last night. It helped me pin down the last few major bugs, and now I just need to sort those (they are noise related bugs in the sound system). Sadly though for the next few days school work must take precedence. :(

I am not sure if people are forgetting or not, but most of these features people are suggesting have been in ACRE1 for years. :p

Nar didn't forget was just hoping for the same.

But lets trim it to what would be new and cool :)

AI can hear players when using voice and radio, if they are close enough.

Radios need power. and battery's have a life time that runs out.

Easy adaption to a variable called _incapacitated that can be used with any script using an incapacitated medical revive script system. (so that a player cant call out on radio for help or alert players to enemy when hes incapacitated).

Easy use of whisper and shout for none radio use. (not some button you press but a detection of your actual decibels produced over the mic).

All these would be cool, BUT cooler still would be Acre2 on Friday !!

AI can hear players when using voice and radio, if they are close enough.

Already in ACRE1, it just isn't used all that often for some reason. It needs to be redone I think to be a bit more intuitive.

Radios need power. and battery's have a life time that runs out.

Batteries are planned, probably not at immediate release but yes.

Easy adaption to a variable called _incapacitated that can be used with any script using an incapacitated medical revive script system. (so that a player cant call out on radio for help or alert players to enemy when hes incapacitated).

I plan to add more api functions for controlling the ability to hear and speak for medical script makers.

Easy use of whisper and shout for none radio use. (not some button you press but a detection of your actual decibels produced over the mic).

This is actually already in ACRE1 as well, it is just that it didn't turn out to work all that well. There needs to be more stuff done to make it work, like calibrating your microphone input and stuff. Also it turned out people didn't like yelling at their computers to yell in game. I actually agree though that this is the most ideal, at least theoretically, way to do voice range.

Already in ACRE1, it just isn't used all that often for some reason. It needs to be redone I think to be a bit more intuitive.

Huh really? How do you do that? I never saw anything in the API for doing that

This is actually already in ACRE1 as well, it is just that it didn't turn out to work all that well. There needs to be more stuff done to make it work, like calibrating your microphone input and stuff. Also it turned out people didn't like yelling at their computers to yell in game. I actually agree though that this is the most ideal, at least theoretically, way to do voice range.

I came here specifically to talk about that and this is what I see, heh.

You can't make this work well because of everyone's different setups, gain/calibration and voice. I guess you can kinda-make it work.

I used TFAR for a few days and the way it handles 3D audio is terrible. People in a car, on your right, on your rear, on your front and 10 meters away all sound identical. This is the one thing that ACRE1 did right.

People in a car, on your right, on your rear, on your front and 10 meters away all sound identical.

do this in your teamspeak

untitledx5sdx.png

Thank me later

i hope you add a calibrating part to the addon. but keep the volumes to the admins/mission makers

and is there a possibility that we can get a "vehicle simulation"

currendly are soldiers and vehicles handled the same,

but some vehicles are blocking the sound completly from the outside

or even block/cumber the direct communication between some crew members

Man can't wait for ACRE on Arma 3

Thanks for the good work Senor Nou

Man can't wait for ACRE on Arma 3

Thanks for the good work Senor Nou

I'm stll waiting for acre for eurotruck simulator 2/ jk

Got the custom sound mixer written yesterday. Fixed a couple sound/memory bugs (thanks to Jaynus). Need to re-implement radio beep playback in the new sound system, but that shouldn't take too much work.

In the mean time though I need to finish two papers for school, one on Albert Bierstadt, American Romanticism, and Manifest Destiny as it relates to his 1870 piece Puget Sound on the Pacific Coast, and another on modern day othering of tribal communities in the Pacific Northwest. Art History wooooooh. :p

Really looking forward for the stable ACRE release in Arma 3.

Are there any plans for a intercom? As a Pilot I have allways passengers in the back talking, which is rather anoying since jiggeling all the other radio traffic at the same time.

Would be great if you take a pilot or crew seat and the engines are on, you do not hear or strongly muffled direct talk. Passengers wouldnt hear the Pilot or crew either. If they need to talk to them, he could join the intercom via interaction menu. Not sure if possible, but I thought there was some talk back in ACRE for Arma 2 about something like that.

Thanks for the work

Best regards

Mag

will it be like TFAR, that you will hear someone in direct AND on radio if he talks next to you via radio with you on the same channel ?

FTL talks to someone on the radio and you hear the radio transmission but not the direct voice.. but you should because he stands next to you, i found this very immersion breaking in ACRE1

In the mean time though I need to finish two papers for school, one on Albert Bierstadt, American Romanticism, and Manifest Destiny as it relates to his 1870 piece Puget Sound on the Pacific Coast, and another on modern day othering of tribal communities in the Pacific Northwest. Art History wooooooh. :p

Crowdsource it and deal with the more important things like beeps. :p

Surely we can get someone to do it for you. ;)

Another

upload :rolleyes:

This is starting to look (sound?) really impressive.

Yes, my papers are done, and the last day of class for this quarter is tomorrow. The question is do I take the summer off an work on ACRE or not? :p

I dont know was this ever asked but will we get Underwather radios? Will u make one?

I'd need a real life example of an underwater radio to base it off of.