noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Yes you need to tune your server.cfg

Thanks. Trailing it now

It is going really good, though slowly the last few weeks. School + ACE3 + other random A3 projects + an unfortunately committed social schedule (the best house music venue in Seattle closed down, and I hit almost every party in the last two months for a friend who couldn't make them) has resulted in a slow go.

It has entered very very limited alpha tests (supervised tests with myself) and the experience so far has been good. Mostly refining the data system, which is more robust and customizable (as well as trackable).

The next big steps on the list are mounted radios (in ACRE2 manpack and racks will be combined into a single system, since they are essentially the same), reimplementing the underlying retransmission system (needs to be made more generalized than in ACRE1 to support the different network modes), the attachment system (weeeee!), and then finally translating the old radios to the new data system (currently only the 343 has been translated). Also removing CBA is on the list, and JayLib. Those are somewhat lower order items though.

Also direct speaking improvements, mainly with building/object occlusion, something that is also directly applicable to ACSE which I am now part of as well.

BUSY!!!

You made my day man :)

I wish you luck, u are the best, keep it up :yay:

It is going really good, though slowly the last few weeks. School + ACE3 + other random A3 projects + an unfortunately committed social schedule (the best house music venue in Seattle closed down, and I hit almost every party in the last two months for a friend who couldn't make them) has resulted in a slow go.

It has entered very very limited alpha tests (supervised tests with myself) and the experience so far has been good. Mostly refining the data system, which is more robust and customizable (as well as trackable).

The next big steps on the list are mounted radios (in ACRE2 manpack and racks will be combined into a single system, since they are essentially the same), reimplementing the underlying retransmission system (needs to be made more generalized than in ACRE1 to support the different network modes), the attachment system (weeeee!), and then finally translating the old radios to the new data system (currently only the 343 has been translated). Also removing CBA is on the list, and JayLib. Those are somewhat lower order items though.

Also direct speaking improvements, mainly with building/object occlusion, something that is also directly applicable to ACSE which I am now part of as well.

BUSY!!!

Sweet, figured that was the mod you were talking about in your videos. Awesome work, hope you get some more free time soon and thanks for the update.

Sorry guys didn't read much whole 68 pages but I'm interested in some features in ACRE.

I'm working on PvP mod Tactical Battlefield and we are using in game voip. For public server is hard or impossible to enforce ACRE.

Is it possible to force it something like Mumble in PRBf2 when you join to some server will automatically connect you to their TS and channel related to this server?

Could JIP cose some problems with ACRE?

Thanks.

Hey wormeaten - I found this on the idi.systems tracker about Acre.

acre_api_fnc_joinServer - check here for more unsupported details

I have a question about retransmit towers (Patrol Ops 3 mission set up.).

I have asked in that forum and not found a solution.

the code in question as found in the mission - does not create an error, but does not appear to work in testing and goes against the way I believe the call should be set up:.

[getPosASL acreTower_1 , 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;

I have tried

["ACRE_PRC117F",getPosASL acreTower_1 , 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;

This gives an error

Error in expression <xmtObeliskGroup) select 0;_rxmtObelisk setPosASL _pos;
_carry = _rxmtObelisk;
}>
 Error position: <setPosASL _pos;
_carry = _rxmtObelisk;
}>
 Error setposasl: Type String, expected Array
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_server\fnc_retransRadioHandlers.sqf, line 37

Any suggestions?

Hey wormeaten - I found this on the idi.systems tracker about Acre.

acre_api_fnc_joinServer - check here for more unsupported details

Thanks m8. :thumb:

(addition)

After examine link you send me I think you didn't understand me well.

For example using Play With Six you can run your ArmA3 and directly connect to some game server. Also is possible to run third part software like TS3 for example.

When we want to connect to game server true Play With Six it handle download and install all mods you need to play on that server and as well starts TS3.

Is it possible in same way to automatically not just start TS3, to start TS3 and connect you on TS3 server as well.

This way we could ensure ACRE could be enforced on public server as standard.

I'm working on PvP mod named Tactical Battlefield and as balance issue everyone had to use ACRE or no one and communication is one of major aspect in this mod and will like to enforce ACRE somehow to all public players.

It is easy on organized events but impossible on public server open to everyone.

Anybody know the answer or maybe ACRE or Play With Six Devs think or work on this possibility.

Edited by wormeaten

I'm working on PvP mod named Tactical Battlefield and as balance issue everyone had to use ACRE or no one and communication is one of major aspect in this mod and will like to enforce ACRE somehow to all public players.

It is easy on organized events but impossible on public server open to everyone.

Anybody know the answer or maybe ACRE or Play With Six Devs think or work on this possibility.

maybe i misunderstand that ,

but if you want to force the clients use ACRE , then put in your mission one ACRE antenna. after this any client must use acre to play that mission...

There is no way to handle this.

We using B.E.C to control if someone is on our TS3 Server and in the correct Channel, if not they get a warning and kicked from the server.

If you want using BEC with the TS3 Plugin you have to edit the "Ts3_Settings.py" file in the plugins/Ts3 Folder of B.E.C

To find out the Channel ID's we are using the Webinterface for TS3 from psychokiller. I think there is no other way to find out the channel id's

maybe i misunderstand that ,

but if you want to force the clients use ACRE , then put in your mission one ACRE antenna. after this any client must use acre to play that mission...

If you have A.C.R.E on the Server no one without A.C.R.E can join the Server so there is no need for the ACRE antenna

Edited by Shona

If you have A.C.R.E on the Server no one without A.C.R.E can join the Server so there is no need for the ACRE antenna

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding you but just running ACRE server-side does not force the client to also have ACRE running, whereas adding an ACRE object to the mission does.

if your server not use verified signatures , you can connect...

^ even with sig checks enabled you can still join with no ACRE if the mission itself doesn't have an ACRE requirement or some other check on the server.

Hi all,I have a problem with acre, at times I do not hear the voices of my companions, but when I minimize Arma 3 I can hear them for a while (teamspeak) this problem appeared about three weeks ago, I changed my OS from windows 8-7 but problem persists.

Hi all,I have a problem with acre, at times I do not hear the voices of my companions, but when I minimize Arma 3 I can hear them for a while (teamspeak) this problem appeared about three weeks ago, I changed my OS from windows 8-7 but problem persists.

try run as admin both arma and ts3 ....

It's been said pages back, but ACRE doesn't play we'll with the latest versions of TeamSpeak. If you have problems, try installing an earlier version.

Remember, ACRE hasn't been released for A3, so any version you are using is unsupported.

It's not an OS problem. It's a TeamSpeak / ACRE bug. I get that problem too. You need to reconnect to TS Server again to solve the problem for the momment. I'm using TS version 3.0.12 and it appears to work fine for now.

Where's the link to download ACRE for ARMA 3? There's no link on the first page of this thread. Do I have to search through the 70 pages of this thread to find it?

Remember, ACRE hasn't been released for A3, so any version you are using is unsupported.

its not been released. There is no download. There are unofficial copies floating around.

its not been released. There is no download. There are unofficial copies floating around.

Ah ok. A mission claimed that it required ACRE so I was just trying to get all of the required files.

Ah ok. A mission claimed that it required ACRE so I was just trying to get all of the required files.

you can try open your mission.sqm file and delete all acre items and mods from addons and addons auto section..

Feel free to use this version. Me and some friends are having good time with it.

Download

1.- Extract content

2.-Overwrite everything in Arma 3 root

3.- Enjoy

UO is the place to get your ACRE, Jaylib.

That would be United Operations.

@AlexSegen...Overwrite? really, How about a "back up" your stuff first?

UO is the place to get your ACRE, Jaylib.

That would be United Operations.

@AlexSegen...Overwrite? really, How about a "back up" your stuff first?

You are right, Sir. I think I have overestimated the obvious things.

Backup first.

Another way to get ACRE is to join one of our public servers via our website frontpage with our PlayWithSix links.

this will download all the mods needed to play including a signed (by SO) version of ACRE.

But hopefully the devs will release an official signed version soon.