noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

I had these three problems with my group, ours were caused by bad anti-flood settings on the TS server. We changed "reduced points per tick" from 5 up to 15 and they disappeared. May need a higher number for lots of players?

The first time we tried over 40 players in TS and ACRE we had this issue and had to raise the value (can't check ATM but was def over 15)... so yeah this is a very important setting for high player counts (which I'm sure they are aware of but good to point it out anyway).

Thread for Task Force Radio - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio

We were getting a set of problems\questions:

• Admin rights for Arma and TeamSpeak
  • You sometimes hears someone 10 miles away from you without radio usage
  • Dead players sometimes hear alive players and vice versa

First issue is caused by windows and not ACRE or TS to be honest. It doesn't even seem to effect everyone (I play with people who launch neither arma or TS as admins on Win7/8 and it works just fine).

I'd love to know if anyone knows what the cause of the second issue is, someone I play with "suffers" from this (and refuses to accept that its a problem..) they spend a lot of time replying to people they can hear but are unable to be heard because they are so far away.

Third issue: Pretty sure that's handled by revive/spectator scripts that are not setting players as dead or alive correctly.

If you disable UAC (just google it) you effectively run everything as admin anyway, so no need to specifically run certain applications as admin.

I'd like more information on the issues you have with ACRE

Using separate transmit combos for 2 radios (ctrl+1, ctrl+2), if you transmit over one, and then quickly over the other, TS would freeze and crash.

Some issues with setting volumes, already described here.

Using VOX for direct bugs PTT for radio. (I know, it is said somewhere to disable VOX, but....)

Thread for Task Force Radio - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio

We were getting a set of problems\questions:

• Admin rights for Arma and TeamSpeak
  • Direct input switch in TeamSpeak (to make direct speach work) (also, direct input removed in last TS version)
  • Some strange TS crashes (especially after respawn)
  • You sometimes hears someone 10 miles away from you without radio usage
  • Dead players sometimes hear alive players and vice versa
  • Sometimes radio stops to work..
  • Also, often some of players get some unique problem we have not seen before

2. Use older version of ts until ACRE Fully released

3. Same as Above

4. Probably Due to a revive script not scripted correctly to use acre OR the players ts isn't connected to ACRE.

5. Same as above

6. Same as above

7. Can you be any more random in that statement :)

8. Did the Russians really just rip of another mod and claim it was the first mods fault ?

Edited by BL1P

2. Use older version of ts until ACRE Fully released

3. Same as Above

4. Probably Due to a revive script not scripted correctly to use acre OR the players ts isn't connected to ACRE.

5. Same as above

6. Same as above

7. Can you be any more random in that statement :)

8. Did the Russians really just rip of another mod and claim it was the first mods fault ?

We also got all these problems with ACRE, and there's no update since one year on ACRE addon, not even a beta release, no source code, not even a TS plugin recompile!!!

Everything is kept by the ACRE TEAM, I understand they don't want to open their source code, for the TS plugin ok. But we have to use old version of TS : players simply don't accept that and don't use ACRE ...

why the ACRE team didn't release their source code since 1 year so that the comunity can help correcting it?

Instead we have to deal with all the bugs described since 1 year ...

Hopefully : The russians opened everything !!! No clue if it is a rip or a reverse engineering or a complete build from scratch, and who cares except the guys who didn't release their source code?

THANKS TO THE RUSSIANS

ACRE is keept closed for security reasons.(to avoid hacking dlls)

That's all I know.

Yeah, I think a lot of people care Gagi. If someone would do something like that, then that's just about the lowest thing you could do in the Arma community. It's needless, and quite possibly impossible to describe how vile they'd be considered to be by most people. The fact that people like you openly express that you feel so entitled to what addon makers give the community for free just goes to display one of the biggest problems existing within this community.

That being said, I don't think the guy/s who made this mod did something like that.

They didn't. Their code is nothing like the ACRE code because we both have entirely different feature sets. It'd probably be more work to go from ACRE's code to their features than to do it from scratch, haha.

So how the development of acre 2 is going? I'm very excited to see how it will look and sound like :-)

It is going really good, though slowly the last few weeks. School + ACE3 + other random A3 projects + an unfortunately committed social schedule (the best house music venue in Seattle closed down, and I hit almost every party in the last two months for a friend who couldn't make them) has resulted in a slow go.

It has entered very very limited alpha tests (supervised tests with myself) and the experience so far has been good. Mostly refining the data system, which is more robust and customizable (as well as trackable).

The next big steps on the list are mounted radios (in ACRE2 manpack and racks will be combined into a single system, since they are essentially the same), reimplementing the underlying retransmission system (needs to be made more generalized than in ACRE1 to support the different network modes), the attachment system (weeeee!), and then finally translating the old radios to the new data system (currently only the 343 has been translated). Also removing CBA is on the list, and JayLib. Those are somewhat lower order items though.

Also direct speaking improvements, mainly with building/object occlusion, something that is also directly applicable to ACSE which I am now part of as well.

BUSY!!!

It is going really good, though slowly the last few weeks. School + ACE3 + other random A3 projects + an unfortunately committed social schedule (the best house music venue in Seattle closed down, and I hit almost every party in the last two months for a friend who couldn't make them) has resulted in a slow go.

It has entered very very limited alpha tests (supervised tests with myself) and the experience so far has been good. Mostly refining the data system, which is more robust and customizable (as well as trackable).

The next big steps on the list are mounted radios (in ACRE2 manpack and racks will be combined into a single system, since they are essentially the same), reimplementing the underlying retransmission system (needs to be made more generalized than in ACRE1 to support the different network modes), the attachment system (weeeee!), and then finally translating the old radios to the new data system (currently only the 343 has been translated). Also removing CBA is on the list, and JayLib. Those are somewhat lower order items though.

Also direct speaking improvements, mainly with building/object occlusion, something that is also directly applicable to ACSE which I am now part of as well.

BUSY!!!

Very good to hear from you. You just made my day with saying ACE 3. And any word on radios for the aquatic environment?

Very good to hear from you. You just made my day with saying ACE 3. And any word on radios for the aquatic environment?

Possibly, but only if it is realistic, and to be honest there really aren't that many underwater scuba radio systems. Water tends to not be a good medium for radio waves, especially in bands that are going to fit into a scuba system (smaller antenna = higher frequency requirements = way more attenuation in a medium like water). For example the antennas used to communicate with nuclear submarines can be hundreds of meters long and their data rate is measured in bits per second, or even bits per minute.

Most of the time scuba is done via hand signals and in military ops done via extremely rehearsed operations where everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing at the right time because they have done it 20-30 times in training specifically for that exact operation.

It will most likely come later as its a pretty niche medium for most players, especially once we get some nice maps that aren't islands.

@NouberNou

Would it be possible to add a couple of functions to the API to allow for easy integration into revive scripts.

Unconsious and Revived states would be great.

I am just using setpower atm for mine

Also if your not introducing separate radios per faction could you default the frequency's for each faction do be different ?

ACRE for Arma 3 continually crashes everyone on Teamspeak once we reach a number of player on the server.

This doesn't happen for Arma 2.

This is the crash logs for Teamspeak:

https://db.tt/HcFXZhvb

Hopefully we can have a quick solution to this as we are getting really tired of being unable to play Arma 3 with a large number of people, making things like mission nights impossible.

Are you sure it doesn't happen in A2? The plugin is literally the exact same plugin... :\ Also there really isn't any difference in the data coming across the pipe.

We are 100% sure, it is very weird. We've also tried another teamspeak server and the same happens, Teamspeak clients start crashing once there are a number of players in the channel.

Crashes seems to happen faster if everone is in the same channel.

I dont know why but while I was making some test with server.cfg if I use the standard config ( server.cfg empty ) and we start mission with about 15-20 ppl after a while all clients start crash ( ts3 ) . If I restart server with min/maxbandwith configured ( high value ) this doesn't happens. Don't know if it's related to your problem

I dont know why but while I was making some test with server.cfg if I use the standard config ( server.cfg empty ) and we start mission with about 15-20 ppl after a while all clients start crash ( ts3 ) . If I restart server with min/maxbandwith configured ( high value ) this doesn't happens. Don't know if it's related to your problem

What did you set the min/max bandwidth settings to exactly out of curiosity?

It sounds like the problem we are having. We are going to give that a look and see what happens.

You should set value for your server, I got 1 Gbps and dont remember exactly at which value this disappear, MinBandwidth=81457280; MaxBandwidth=222428800; something like this for me will make things working. You should set for minbadnwith 256*players and max 512*players

You should set value for your server, I got 1 Gbps and dont remember exactly at which value this disappear, MinBandwidth=81457280; MaxBandwidth=222428800; something like this for me will make things working. You should set for minbadnwith 256*players and max 512*players

Awesome. Just confirming that is in the arma 3 server.cfg, NOT the Teamspeak 3 server.cfg