noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Only way to get it work right now is to bind PTT to an alternative Mouse Button like: Mouse 4 or Mouse 5.

Or stay with 3.0.8 and 3.0.11.1 ;)

i imagine it is a little difficult if you have a large community about 40 members to tell everyone to download an older version on teamspeak. we are happy with the mouse buttons also.

@zach72

Thank you very much for that script it was just what we needed.

In the mission I am using it in, you are able to pick up an enemy radio and use their frequency's until you die.

Once again thank you and please thank Bake for me :)

BL1P

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

i imagine it is a little difficult if you have a large community about 40 members to tell everyone to download an older version on teamspeak. we are happy with the mouse buttons also.

If you happy with mouse use mouse.

If not create a new folder and install an old ts into that for when you use acre.

Then ya have two ts one for acre and one for erm what ever

Edited by BL1P
Because I cant speel

Is there a solution for the problem involving (virtual) surround sound? I recently replaced my broken headset with a new one and if I set it up to make use of the virtual surround it has I cannot hear anything on the radio, if I set it to stereo it works fine.

I'm more than happy to switch it playing ArmA (its like 1 mouse click after all) but I would love if there was an actual solution purely for convenience.

How development of ACRE is going? Are you planning to introduce some new features? At least something about radio transmitting under the water, because now you can talk under the water and the quality would be as if you were talking at the land.

Hey folks,

Sorry, I haven't read the previous 600+ posts in this thread.

I am looking for the current status for ACRE for Arma3. I was hoping the 1st post in this thread would have a link or current status or something, but no joy.

Can someone tell me either the current status, and/or how I would go about finding (monitoring) this?

Thx!

Ed.

Here is good, but to be honest there probably will not be a lot of news regarding this specific version of ACRE for A3. :)

Look for more news in the future.

is there a way to get the PRC-119 to appear on the back? it doesnt have to work, it could just be for the looks or behave like a regular backpack.

thanks for all the work! can't wait for acre2

Sound: Protocol: Use of insideSoundCoeff for 3D sound (one configured in data, this will help with issues of hearing radio commands when you should not be able to in 3D space)

Does this affect the development of ACRE2?

Does this affect the development of ACRE2?

No. ACRE2 is using that same thing already (it is part of XAudio2).

No. ACRE2 is using that same thing already (it is part of XAudio2).

Does that mean that there will be a possibility not to hear someone talking outside the building, when you are somewhere inside of that building?

No, it more has to do with directional audio cones, but that is also a feature I want to work on.

Hey Nou, kinda cross-posting from this thread but is there any chance that you / UO will sign jayarma lib / acre with a key and release that key to assist people in turning on verification?

It would seriously be appreciated by a lot of people.

No, it more has to do with directional audio cones, but that is also a feature I want to work on.

Thanks alot for the answer!

I have a following issue with ACRE (use everything downloaded from UO SRV1 through PwS but UOMods), latest stable TS3 (3.0.10.1 I think) and latest dev branch update of ArmA3.

In the game radios do not work. When I press the default caps-lock key I have the yellow radio transmission window show up but there's no BEEP sound and it doesn't transmit messages to other people on the same channel (we use default 1 on default radio). Same goes for other people - no beep sound, no transmission but a yellow window is there.

Do note that direct audio works normally and we can hear each other in 3D space. And yes CAPS LOCK is not set as PTT key in TS and PTT key in ArmA3 is unused.

What will be the cause or the solution to this issue?

Another issue I and the other guy have is TS3 not reacting to PTT key until the 'default' is changed to 'direct input'/'keyboard & mouse' in Hotkeys settings and we have to do it every time we connect. Is there any way around this?

Just about to install this as one of the servers i play on has it! Looking at the instructions i'm sure to need some help! Lol.

Here is good, but to be honest there probably will not be a lot of news regarding this specific version of ACRE for A3. :)

Look for more news in the future.

OK - so for now - ACRE is still in testing, and not officially available... albeit publicly available if you look hard enough.

Ok i'll wait... and look...

I have a following issue with ACRE (use everything downloaded from UO SRV1 through PwS but UOMods), latest stable TS3 (3.0.10.1 I think) and latest dev branch update of ArmA3.

In the game radios do not work. When I press the default caps-lock key I have the yellow radio transmission window show up but there's no BEEP sound and it doesn't transmit messages to other people on the same channel (we use default 1 on default radio). Same goes for other people - no beep sound, no transmission but a yellow window is there.

Do note that direct audio works normally and we can hear each other in 3D space. And yes CAPS LOCK is not set as PTT key in TS and PTT key in ArmA3 is unused.

What will be the cause or the solution to this issue?

Another issue I and the other guy have is TS3 not reacting to PTT key until the 'default' is changed to 'direct input'/'keyboard & mouse' in Hotkeys settings and we have to do it every time we connect. Is there any way around this?

I can only help you with your last problem. Use an additional mouse button as PTT. Since direct input was removed from ts lately and keyboard buttons won't work always with the latest acre ts plugin.

I can only help you with your last problem. Use an additional mouse button as PTT. Since direct input was removed from ts lately and keyboard buttons won't work always with the latest acre ts plugin.

Or use an older version of Team Speak...

Yes but the latest version with direct input requires an earlier version of the teamspeak server

Is this possible in Acre ?

I dont know the radio terminology so ill try and explain what I want to do :)

I have a 3 side PvP mission that uses acre, each team has different frequency's for the 148 and 343 radios.

Set in the init.sqf. This is working fine thanks to the help I received earlier in this thread.

Now I would like to give the Commanders of each side a radio which allows them to LISTEN ONLY to a certain frequency(channel) but be able to RESPOND ONLY on two other frequency's(channels).

This would be so that for example:-

East can contact West on Wests listen channel and West can respond on Easts listen channel but Resistance cannot hear them.

Here is a visual aid of what I am babbling on about.

WEST		EAST		GUER

Chan 1.		LISN		TALK		TALK

Chan 2.		TALK		LISN		TALK

Chan 3.		TALK		TALK		LISN

There would also need to be the ability to lock the channel so that the other team cannot tune in on that frequency.

Yes I know its a lot to ask for but I have been driving myself crazy just trying to get my head around the concept, let alone script the results !

If anyone knows if this is possible or even has a script that does this please let me know.

CH 1. "West this is East respond on my listen .. Over"

CH 2. "East this is West... Send"

CH 1. "lets join forces and crush the Resistance.. Over"

CH 2. "Sure lets do it ...Over"

CH 1. "meet at the church ...Over"

Ch 2. "Wilco..Out"

CH 3. "Resistance this is East........want to know where West are ?"

Yours Hopefully.

BL1P.

Edited by BL1P

Give the commanders 3 radios a 383, 148 and an 119 with an encrypted channel!

You can encrypt channels in acre ?

Anyway this is what I have come up with so far.

Channels 13,14,15,16 on the 343 are reserved for faction to faction chatter.

5 re-transmit objects placed in editor.

Faction specific frequency's for the 343 with a .2 difference per faction.

init.sqf

// --- 343s
_shortRangeChannels = ["ACRE_PRC343"] call acre_api_fnc_getDefaultChannels;
_srBaseFreq = 2400;
	_freq = 0;
	switch (side player) do 
	{ 
	  case west: {{_shortRangeChannels set [_forEachIndex,_srBaseFreq + 0.2]; _srBaseFreq = _srBaseFreq + 2;}foreach _shortRangeChannels;}; 
	  case east: {{_shortRangeChannels set [_forEachIndex,_srBaseFreq + 0.4]; _srBaseFreq = _srBaseFreq + 2;}foreach _shortRangeChannels;}; 
	  case resistance: {{_shortRangeChannels set [_forEachIndex,_srBaseFreq + 0.6]; _srBaseFreq = _srBaseFreq + 2;}foreach _shortRangeChannels};
	};
_ret = ["ACRE_PRC343", _shortRangeChannels ] call acre_api_fnc_setDefaultChannels;

Then using CH13 as a global channel for each faction to chat I placed 2 editor objects with the following init lines.

My thinking is that this will allow any faction to chat to any other faction on the 13th channel.

["ACRE_PRC343", someObject, 2424.2, 2424.4, 500] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;
["ACRE_PRC343", someObject, 2424.2, 2424.6, 500] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

Then CH14-15-16 are for one faction to another.

Once again using editor placed re-trans objects

// WEST & EAST // REST CANT HEAR
["ACRE_PRC343",someObject, 2426.2, 2426.4, 500] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;
WEST & REST // EAST CANT HEAR
["ACRE_PRC343",someObject, 2428.2, 2428.6, 500] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;
EAST & REST // WEST CANT HEAR
["ACRE_PRC343",someObject, 2430.4, 2430.6, 500] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

This causes an error atm in the server RPT from the acre mod.

9:05:22 Error in expression <
} else {
copyOfState = theState;
};
};
copyOfState

>
9:05:22   Error position: <copyOfState

>
9:05:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: copyofstate
9:05:22 File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_data\fnc_getRadioState.sqf, line 34

Ill need to do more testing to see if its just that re-trans doesn't work in the current Acre mod I am using for Arma3 or if its something I have done.

This seems like the way to go for me as the 343s frequencys cannot be altered by the client so they cant listen in on the other two factions when they are taking on 14 ,15 or 16.

Only limitation is that the 343 is short range but luckily my missions are CQB mainly.

If I do get this working in the future ill be sure to post in-case anyone else needs the info.

BL1P

Edited by BL1P

Guys anyone still having problems with duplicated radios?i've set all commands to additem but sometimes i still get duplicated radios