noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Hi ;)

most of our buddy's are fine with ACRE. 2 ppl have the problem that the transmission via radio just works for ~10min. With direct communication there is no problem, even after hours.

We already changed the settings in "Hotkeys" to direct input.

Maybe someone has a clue what we can try else. Thanks in advance.

If they are using voice activation there is your problem, since it isnt supported by acre and causes issues similars to that

Edited by columdrum

It seems to me that the problem with voice activation is that to transmit over the radio, you cannot be speaking directly for some very little time, so maybe the random background noises are activating their local speech and when they use the radio it won't work.

I'm not sure if i'm right, but when im speaking on voice activation and press capslock the radio won't work, but if i make total silence for like 1 sec and there is no background noise it works fine.

I have a big problem.

After disabling and enabling the ACRE Plugin i can't speak with push to talk anymore. I installed Teamspeak 2 times completly new, but it doesnt work. I don't even see the option to enable "directInput".

Can someone help me please?

You need to be onTeamSpeak 3 .0.12 or earlier to work with acre.

is 3.0.13 bugging/breaking ACRE?

Literally the post above you... :p

You need to be onTeamSpeak 3 .0.12 or earlier to work with acre.

I have the latest version and it works now. I changed the option to "mouse and keyboard".

I was just asking for a more clear answer.

the post above very much implied it, yet he could just be unaware of the newest version etc...

I have the latest version and it works now. I changed the option to "mouse and keyboard".

It honestly depends on your set up, I imagine you are using a dedicated mouse button for your TS PTT (or worse voice activation)? In that case 3.0.13 will work... Sort of... If you load ACRE post TS boot (as in start TS with out ACRE enabled) then ACRE will flat out be broken.

Basically 3.0.13 is unstable. I have a fix for it, but it requires significant code changes to a code base I am not really excited to touch right now since it has been superseded in almost all aspects by ACRE2.

So for now stay on 3.0.12 for the most stability. ACRE2 will support all TS versions going forward (at least until they randomly break something else haha).

It honestly depends on your set up, I imagine you are using a dedicated mouse button for your TS PTT (or worse voice activation)? In that case 3.0.13 will work... Sort of... If you load ACRE post TS boot (as in start TS with out ACRE enabled) then ACRE will flat out be broken.

Basically 3.0.13 is unstable. I have a fix for it, but it requires significant code changes to a code base I am not really excited to touch right now since it has been superseded in almost all aspects by ACRE2.

So for now stay on 3.0.12 for the most stability. ACRE2 will support all TS versions going forward (at least until they randomly break something else haha).

We just played with ACRE a Coop Mission and everything worked fine. I have the newest version and a keyboard hotkey for push to talk. What problems do you get?

We just played with ACRE a Coop Mission and everything worked fine. I have the newest version and a keyboard hotkey for push to talk. What problems do you get?

Keyboard strokes will not register in the hotkey system. This happens with a strong majority of users who are not using Direct Input mode for TS hotkeys.

Keyboard strokes will not register in the hotkey system. This happens with a strong majority of users who are not using Direct Input mode for TS hotkeys.

The weird thing is, I can't choose Direct Input. But it works for me with "Mouse and Keyboard" only. Now I can choose also a Keyboard Hotkey.

Hey all,

we using the A.C.R.E Version from here http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1165

It works fine on our server but if someone join without A.C.R.E he dont get a error message that acre_sys_radio is missing he land only in the server browser.

it is a little bit grap because they don't now whats the problem is :(

Is there a way to fix this so they get a message?

I'd like the players to retain the radios and their configurations they had when killed

I took a shot at implementing this:

ACRE_Enabled = isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "acre_main");
if (!ACRE_Enabled) exitWith {};

saved_radios = [];
temp_radios = [];

[nil] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement;

if (!isDedicated) then {

[] spawn {

waitUntil {!isNull player};

player addItem "ACRE_PRC343";

player addEventHandler ["Killed", {
		saved_radios = temp_radios;
	}];

player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {
		{
			player addItem _x;
		} forEach saved_radios;
	}];

while {true} do {
		if (alive player) then {
			temp_radios = [] call acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList;
		};
		sleep 10;
	};
};
};

Default radio replacement disabled to prevent the case of multiplying 343's. This seems to work just fine, but I do wonder about loadouts that don't have much free space in inventory...

The weird thing is, I can't choose Direct Input. But it works for me with "Mouse and Keyboard" only. Now I can choose also a Keyboard Hotkey.

The latest TS 3.0.13 works fine for me too.

I can confirm that by setting the bottom right option at the Hotkeys tab to "Keyboard & Mouse Only" , I'm able to set a hotkey using my keyboard and ACRE works fine.

We experienced a lot of problems yesterday :

Two of us experienced crash of our TS client on 3.0.10 version.

So we restart ARMA : same again

upgrade to 3.0.13 : same again

only deactivating ACRE DLL in TS and the mod in the game solved this issue...

We won't try ACRE or ACRE2 until a release, even a beta one is OK but for the moment :)

This is too much for powerusers :(

We experienced a lot of problems yesterday :

Two of us experienced crash of our TS client on 3.0.10 version.

So we restart ARMA : same again

upgrade to 3.0.13 : same again

only deactivating ACRE DLL in TS and the mod in the game solved this issue...

We won't try ACRE or ACRE2 until a release, even a beta one is OK but for the moment :)

This is too much for powerusers :(

Are you connected to two TS3 servers with TS Tabs? At the same time?

No I know that when you connect to two ts servers it hangs

Perhaps it happens because I didńt pit enough authorization for the flood ts server side ???

My guys are now fed up with this one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

im having a problem with acre. im on arma 3, ts 3.0.12. the problem is that in ts3, it randomly says arma 2 not connected when i start my own multiplayer session. it has worked before, and it will say connected when i load into the editor. the only way to fix it seems to be restarting the entire map, but when i disconnect and join back, it will have the same problem.

steps take:

run steam, ts3 client and arma 3 as client

reload plugin in ts3

please help, its really frustrating to get this working

steps take:

run steam, ts3 client and arma 3 as client

reload plugin in ts3

Do you mean "as administrator"? As if not, there's your problem.

Do you mean "as administrator"? As if not, there's your problem.

yes i did. i meant run as admin. sorry. acre works, only when i start a new map. if u click resume, it randomly doesnt work. ive tried reloading plugins amd everything

Never "resume". Only "restart". In mission selection screen, that is.

Once you are playing a mission, do NOT use "restart" - Only way to properly restart a mission is going back to the mission selection screen (#missions if it's a dedicated, or just use the menus if you're hosting) and restarting from there.

This is a bug in ArmA. Missions will not properly restart unless you do as I explained. Nothing to do specifically with ACRE, but it can probably break ACRE just like it breaks many other things.

Hey guys, I tried searching through this thread, but did not find any answers. I have VAS and ACRE in my mission, however, the only radio it gives me is the AN/PRC-343. Is there anything I need to do to get the other radios added?

Thanks,

Mike

Looking for some help, I installed ACRE, proximity voice is working, I can transmit over the radio, but I cannot receive players voices, I do however hear when they activated their radio. I have tried with and without ARMA 3 Sync, still, the same issue persists regardless.

Setup:

Intel Core i5

AMD 7770

8GB RAM

Xbox 360 with its headset for audio

Samsung HDMI Surround Sound

Samsung 40" 1080p LCD

Team Speak v3.0.12 - ran as admin

Any ideas?:confused: