noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

I am hoping someone can help me out. I downloaded acre from the UO repo via Swiss Mav's video and PwS. It is in a folder called @acre_A3. I installed it client side and on my hosted server. I could not get acre to connect to my server. After some trial and error I downloaded acre from another site and installed it client side. I managed to get working on my machine while on single player (the uses for that must be endless!), and then I got it to trigger on another server besides mine. So, I have two problems -

First, PwS only wants to recognize the one that does not work, the one from UO SRV6. And second, before I remove the UO one from my server can someone point me to a place where I can download a version of acre that is known to work and isn't corrupted?

Thanks for the help

We took the latest version from the UO repo and have it running successfully server and client side successfully, with our own repo that work well (finally)

i tried renaming the folder to ACRE_A3 like you did, but it seemed to break something so reverted back to just acre.

there was also a version on play with six briefly that I couldn't get working, so we still use the one on our repo.

so your first question, try renaming the mod folder back. Don't know if that's the right answer, but it worked for me.

for the second, delete the preset and re-visit UO website and download their latest repo. Or find a server that is hosting them in their own repo....

p.s. remember this is still a test, unreleased version of acre and not supported, just works for most people

Is Ctrl + shift + C changing Radio while i equipt two radio?

like one in Radio slot

The other is in the bag, vest or clothe?

I can't change it in arma 3 D:

Edited by kgino1045

so the 152 an 119r are reproducing them selves over an over in your gear until you are full you end up with like 40 radios on you an the second you remove one it re adds it to your gear, is there a fix to this, on the previous page i seen it mentioned went through the linked page but didn't really find anything useful, any help would be very much appreciated

We took the latest version from the UO repo and have it running successfully server and client side successfully, with our own repo that work well (finally)

i tried renaming the folder to ACRE_A3 like you did, but it seemed to break something so reverted back to just acre.

there was also a version on play with six briefly that I couldn't get working, so we still use the one on our repo.

so your first question, try renaming the mod folder back. Don't know if that's the right answer, but it worked for me.

for the second, delete the preset and re-visit UO website and download their latest repo. Or find a server that is hosting them in their own repo....

p.s. remember this is still a test, unreleased version of acre and not supported, just works for most people

Thx for the reply Zach. Lat night I could not get the server to even appear on the server browser- in game or Pw6. I submitted a ticket and was told that the .rpt logs showed an issue-ErrorMessage: Include file userconfigacreacre_clientside_config.hpp not found.

By the way, that file was clearly in the acre folder. So, I slowly started stripping away mods and I do have the server back up and running, plain vanilla. I think my next course of action is to download from UO again, clientside. Make sure I can jump on some other servers, then up load it to mine. Unless one of you guys thinks their is a better way to proceed, in which case I am all ears. Which UO is the latest one? Is it SRV6? Thanks again for the help.

Chris

Very interesting! My outfit runs large ops and even with a lot of teamspeak channels things can get overwhelmed. We will definitely be trying this out.

Very interesting! My outfit runs large ops and even with a lot of teamspeak channels things can get overwhelmed. We will definitely be trying this out.

wait, your in an outfit that runs larger scale operations and you are not familiar with ACRE?

Thx for the reply Zach. Lat night I could not get the server to even appear on the server browser- in game or Pw6. I submitted a ticket and was told that the .rpt logs showed an issue-ErrorMessage: Include file userconfigacreacre_clientside_config.hpp not found.

By the way, that file was clearly in the acre folder. So, I slowly started stripping away mods and I do have the server back up and running, plain vanilla. I think my next course of action is to download from UO again, clientside. Make sure I can jump on some other servers, then up load it to mine. Unless one of you guys thinks their is a better way to proceed, in which case I am all ears. Which UO is the latest one? Is it SRV6? Thanks again for the help.

Chris

Userconfig folder needs to be copied in arma 3 folder .../arma 3/userconfig/acre

wait, your in an outfit that runs larger scale operations and you are not familiar with ACRE?

That was my first thought, my only thought is, must all be NEW TO ARMA :butbut:

Edited by pastor399
Someone was offended

Userconfig folder needs to be copied in arma 3 folder .../arma 3/userconfig/acre

Wait, it gets better. I did have the userconfig taken care of and that with a few other adjustments and the server is running with no errors being reported. End of story? No. Remember this is acre that we are talking about. So when I fire the game up via PwS my server is nothing but a red dot. No access. But, I can jump on every other acre server that I come across and it works fine. So, I then fire her eup with steam, using the command line to make sure my mods are running (-mod=@CBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib;@ACRE), and now I can get on to my server, but I get the error "cba_main missing (or not found?)". But, it won't work on the other servers. Now if you paid real close attention to the story you would think it would be the opposite. After all, the version on the server is from the UO repo, and that is the one that doesn't work.

Once again, any thoughts, ideas, notions, or magic spells would be appreciated. Thx in advance!

Last acre' buil in UO' repo is buggy, several errore in rpt server and client. I still use version of june.

About userconfig... It's needs to be copied in the root of arma .. :rolleyes: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=18805

What play with six do with your userconfig I don't know, I dont use it for playing..

Edited by ramius86

Last acre' buil in UO' repo is buggy, several errore in rpt server and client. I still use version of june.

About userconfig... It's needs to be copied in the root of arma .. :rolleyes: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=18805

What play with six do with your userconfig I don't know, I dont use it for playing..

I have the userconfig figured out, thank you though. If you think I might have a corrupted acre/cba/jaylib, then could you or anybody tell me where I might find a working version? One that you have used yourself would be great.

The latest version works but spam errors in rpt. Make sure you first launch CBA_A3 and after all the others mods.. I suggest you to use a launcher

I do not quite understand what has changed the alpha/beta runs perfectly and now ACRE mistake after mistake that makes it impossible to play an atmospheric Arma 3 mission.

I got every ~60 seconds the Line 11 Error... :(

Unbenannt-15.jpg

so the 152 an 119r are reproducing them selves over an over in your gear until you are full you end up with like 40 radios on you an the second you remove one it re adds it to your gear, is there a fix to this, on the previous page i seen it mentioned went through the linked page but didn't really find anything useful, any help would be very much appreciated

reading the link i've provided:

1-Radios are NOT weapons. Yes, the weapons commands (such as addWeapon, addWeaponCargo, weapons) will appear to work on them, but in reality they are causing all sorts of undefined behavior to happen in Arma. Radios are now Items! Use the Item commands (addItem, addItemCargo, and the related item commands for inventory).

so you have to edit your mission in editor and change addweapons related to acre with additemcargo ecc.

This solved everything for me

I do not quite understand what has changed the alpha/beta runs perfectly and now ACRE mistake after mistake that makes it impossible to play an atmospheric Arma 3 mission.

I got every ~60 seconds the Line 11 Error... :(

Got this error too :S Tell me if u get it to work

I have the userconfig figured out, thank you though. If you think I might have a corrupted acre/cba/jaylib, then could you or anybody tell me where I might find a working version? One that you have used yourself would be great.

you can download the version we are using, just visit our website and click 'join server'

you can download the version we are using, just visit our website and click 'join server'

Zach, much appreciated. Ramius too, for the link via msg. Now I have yet another question; Zach, when I download from your site (great looking clan/website by the way!), it of course makes a preset for your server. Which is fine, I would love to come play with you one day, but I want to get it running on my server. You guys have some other mods running, which I will look into once I have acre running. But for now I can't for the life of me make another preset with acre; it disappears from the list of mods once I am no longer on your preset. I also can't remove, or "uncheck" the other mods that your crew is running. Is there something I'm missing? Six Updater used to be more flexible, from my memory anyways.

One more thing; from my ealier post I said that when I log in using the UO SRV#6 modset (which is the origin of the mods ON my server!), I get a red dot. If I try to click it anyway, it goes on to list a ton of stuff that is not signed by the server, all having to do with JayArm3ALib, and 2Lib.

Once again, any info in these two areas would be appreciated!

Edited by chris1045

There have been some PWS issues related to ACRE lately. I've not looked this week, but recently 'acre_a3' appeared, which I couldn't get working, but from then on PWS would ignore any local acre folder and instead only let you use their hosted one.

i informed Sickboy (earlier in this thread) and he removed it. Last time I tried to make a new preset with acre, it wasn't under 'local' but instead 'Custom repo' or something. So maybe look there in PWS.

when I'm on my clan server tonight, I will knock up another repo with just acre, jayarma3 lib and cba_a3 and post it here for you.

by the way, the other mods in that repo are TMR for weapon resting/bipod deployment, and a name tag mod to allow you to see who you are looking at in-game.

There have been some PWS issues related to ACRE lately. I've not looked this week, but recently 'acre_a3' appeared, which I couldn't get working, but from then on PWS would ignore any local acre folder and instead only let you use their hosted one.

i informed Sickboy (earlier in this thread) and he removed it. Last time I tried to make a new preset with acre, it wasn't under 'local' but instead 'Custom repo' or something. So maybe look there in PWS.

when I'm on my clan server tonight, I will knock up another repo with just acre, jayarma3 lib and cba_a3 and post it here for you.

by the way, the other mods in that repo are TMR for weapon resting/bipod deployment, and a name tag mod to allow you to see who you are looking at in-game.

I noticed that too Zach, with regards to acre in PwS. It will show it in custom repo when I am on your preset, or the one from UO, but even that disappears when I try to make a new one, or add it to an existing preset. (Sometimes I do miss SU. Although it took awhile to get used to, it had a lot more flexibility.)

I'm sure the other mods you mentioned are "lightweight" and wouldn't cause any issues with the server, I just want to make sure I remove all possible variables until I get acre up and running. Actually I had sthud, outlaw mag repack, and a different weapon resting mod (vts?) on the server with no issues previously, but I took them off once I hit this wall with acre.

I really appreciate all the help you have been, especially making a different repo for me.

Is NouberNou the only person working on ACRE for ArmA 3?

Edited by Lucidity
Wrong guy, I meant NouberNou, not SickBoy

Sickboy doesn't work on acre afaik, he is the dev who made Six Updater and Play With Six, among other things.

ACRE dev team haven't been posting on BI forums lately, so the only source of development is the UO servers and forums.

hopefully they will surprise us with a release soon, or at least a sanctioned ACRE_A3 beta we can start using.