noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

If you are running with ACRE as a dependency in your mission it may be easier to remove and replace the default radio with a 152. There are a few ways to do this, but based on your post is sounds like you want all players to start with a 152 by default, in that case I would add the following to your mission init.sqf:

Is it possible though to change the default radio somewhere in the ACRE files instead of the mission files? The problem is that some missions (like DUWS) somehow don't accept these changes in their init.sqf. And changes to Steam-Workshop files aren't even possible (at least not for me, who can't even find the workshop mission files).

Is it possible though to change the default radio somewhere in the ACRE files instead of the mission files? The problem is that some missions (like DUWS) somehow don't accept these changes in their init.sqf. And changes to Steam-Workshop files aren't even possible (at least not for me, who can't even find the workshop mission files).

Well I see part of the issue here *cough* Steam-Workshop *cough*..........

Seriously though, I'm not sure where to even begin in the myriad of ACRE .pbo files to look for where it makes the change.

If you're looking to be able to put down a radio box without editing the mission I would suggest MCC Sandbox as it allows that dynamic placement without having to edit the mission files. May not be the greatest for a persistent MP mission, but it would work.

Beyond that I leave it to others to answer your question better than I can.

-Simon

Well I see part of the issue here *cough* Steam-Workshop *cough*..........

Seriously though, I'm not sure where to even begin in the myriad of ACRE .pbo files to look for where it makes the change.

Beyond that I leave it to others to answer your question better than I can.

-Simon

Thanks though!

Yeah, that's really a problem, not to be able to edit the workshop files. But the stumbling block is that the non-workshop version of DUWS does not accept the previous mentioned changes to the init.sqf anyways.

In my own missions the changes seem to work, except for the part with spawning the acre-box.

#nevermind! I found the solution: I had to place the duws-directory into the mydocuments\arma3\missions or \MPmissions instead of the game directory. Now the init.sqf changes the radio as it's supposed to do. Again, except for the spawning of the box.

Edited by Pergor

Yes you can edit the ACRE files and I just did it and now all my default radio is the 152. Here is what I determined.

Hex edit the file acre_sys_radio.pbo

Do a search for offset 00010CAA

It will have a value of "5F 50 52 43 33 34 33 22 3B 0D 0A 7D 3B 0D 0A 0D 0A 47"

Simply change the value to "5F 50 52 43 31 35 32 22 3B 0D 0A 7D 3B 0D 0A 0D 0A 47"

And save. Essentially you edited the 343 to 152 as the default radio or changing the test result in the PBO from GVAR(defaultItemRadioType) = "ACRE_PRC343" to GVAR(defaultItemRadioType) = "ACRE_PRC152"

Down side is that you all user will need to be supplied with this new hacked acre_sys_radio.pbo

Hope this helps

A friend is having problems with acre. His push to talk keys the mic and immediately cuts off. We have tried changing the default ptt key and even using a mouse button for ptt. This has ruled out a hardware problem with his keyboard. What could be causing this?

Yes you can edit the ACRE files and I just did it and now all my default radio is the 152. Here is what I determined.

Hex edit the file acre_sys_radio.pbo

Do a search for offset 00010CAA

It will have a value of "5F 50 52 43 33 34 33 22 3B 0D 0A 7D 3B 0D 0A 0D 0A 47"

Simply change the value to "5F 50 52 43 31 35 32 22 3B 0D 0A 7D 3B 0D 0A 0D 0A 47"

And save. Essentially you edited the 343 to 152 as the default radio or changing the test result in the PBO from GVAR(defaultItemRadioType) = "ACRE_PRC343" to GVAR(defaultItemRadioType) = "ACRE_PRC152"

Down side is that you all user will need to be supplied with this new hacked acre_sys_radio.pbo

Hope this helps

This is not the correct way to change the default radio. If you want all players to start with a different radio, simply add this to your mission's init.sqf:

// Replace default starting radio with PRC 148 VHF
if (isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"acre_main")) then { 
while {!("ACRE_PRC148" in assignedItems player)} do {
	["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement;
	player assignItem "ACRE_PRC148";
	sleep 1;
};
};

This will force a 148 into the user's inventory when they spawn. The same can be done for any other radio.

Also, if anyone is wondering, the while loop is there to ensure that the radio is forced into the player's inventory as on a dedicated server the radio does not always seem to be added with the first attempt (possible ArmA3 ACRE bug?).

Hope this helps

Excellent, thanks!

I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem. Users without the new .pbo would probably spawn with the 343, right?

This is not the correct way to change the default radio. If you want all players to start with a different radio, simply add this to your mission's init.sqf:

The whole point was not to edit the mission files but the acre files instead.

// Replace default starting radio with PRC 148 VHF
if (isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"acre_main")) then { 
while {!("ACRE_PRC148" in assignedItems player)} do {
	["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement;
	player assignItem "ACRE_PRC148";
	sleep 1;
};
};

This will force a 148 into the user's inventory when they spawn. The same can be done for any other radio.

Two things;

1. Pergor was asking the very same thing that I was asking which was how to change what ACRE calls the default radio. The code in ACRE swaps the default vanilla ARMA radio in the ItemRadio slot perfectly but there a lot of users that do not like the limited performance characterists associated with the PRC343. Again, whatever the reasons are for the user to not want the 343 is not the issue here, making sure that the 152 is in the ItemRadio slot on JIP, respawn or mission launch is the desired end result.
  2. As posted earlier, I have not found a way yet that works to remove the 343 from the users ItemRadio slot and insert a 152 without any adverse effects including but not limited to:
    • Multiple 152's in the inventory of the user.
    • Loss of the 152 when using revive scripts.
    • JIP scenarios effecting the redistribution of 152 to all active players.

The hack method I offered is the only way to date that I have seen that allows an admin or mission creator the ability to guarantee the desired design intent of asset distribution on a player as it relates to the ItemRadio Slot.

So those that want to come forward and challange the method offered with solutions that effectively equal the functional result of the hack, please do as there have been years of posts asking the basic question "how do I change what ACRE calls the default radio".

OUT!

Edited by Hajimoto
edited spacing

Yes you can edit the ACRE files and I just did it and now all my default radio is the 152.

I just tried it right now. It works like charm. I even changed it to the 148 instead of the 152. The hack does however not work on units that have full inventory from the start (like pilot or autoriflemen). Obviously ACRE removes the standard radio first, then puts the new radio in the inventory and adds it to the radio slot afterwards. If the inventory is full it can't add a new radio to the unit. removeallitems covers that problem, although it removes only enough items to put the radio into the inventory. Plus it's a change to the mission files again.

But besides that it's working fine. I have to tell my players not to use pilot- or autoriflemen-slots then.

@Hajimoto This line replaces the default radio on spawn, respawn, and JIP:

["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement

You only have to run this once on the client. We have tested this on our dedi server and all clients spawn with a 148 radio. 343s can only be obtained from a radio crate now.

Edit: Reading your reply again I can see what you want, but I don't quite understand why. If the end result is to have the 152 as the default radio - then the above line should suffice.

Edit: Reading your reply again I can see what you want, but I don't quite understand why. If the end result is to have the 152 as the default radio - then the above line should suffice.

It's meant for missions that don't allow changes to their init.sqf, like steam workshop missions. With a change to the acre_sys_radio.pbo you can now alter the default radio even when you're playing missions from the workshop.

It's meant for missions that don't allow changes to their init.sqf, like steam workshop missions. With a change to the acre_sys_radio.pbo you can now alter the default radio even when you're playing missions from the workshop.

Just to let you know (and others) I found the steam workshop file directory:

c:\users\<username>\my documents\arma 3 - other profiles\<profilename>\saved\steam\

In that folder you will find a mission folder for the steam mission, should be in this format: missionname.mapname (ie - testmission.altis)

Inside that folder will be a "mission.pbo" file. dePBO that and you have your mission files. Best way to use them is to open the editor and save a blank mission then copy & paste the files into that folder.

Disclaimer - This is the way they showed up for ME on three different subbed mission from steam. Not saying it will be different for anyone else, but it might be.

Good Gaming!

-Simon

Disclaimer - This is the way they showed up for ME on three different subbed mission from steam. Not saying it will be different for anyone else, but it might be.

Good Gaming!

-Simon

Yep - although I think these are only safefiles. I don't have this folder unfortunately. Even in the \steam\userdata\ folder there's no trace of workshop mission files, which should be the next possible location for these files.

But even if the workshop mission files can be found and altered (and prevented from being updated every time there's an update for the workshop mission available), that's not the point: If you're not lucky enough to be able to run a dedicated server and don't want to change each and every init.sqf for every mission you want to play with ACRE, a change to the ACRE data is the only solution - above all it's a change of three numbers in one file instead of adding a couple of lines to multiple files.

Edited by Pergor

Anyone else getting a JayArma3Lib error with the most recent update?

Something about XEH_Init line 42? Or something like that. :D

@Hajimoto This line replaces the default radio on spawn, respawn, and JIP:

["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement

You only have to run this once on the client. We have tested this on our dedi server and all clients spawn with a 148 radio. 343s can only be obtained from a radio crate now.

Retail retail release broke this somehow. If the script entry that you provided is added to the INIT.SQF the mission loads at 12 midnight and things like =BTC= Revive are not functioning. Any ideas?

I notice that the last edit on the original post was March 14th. Is ACRE for Arma 3 out? Or is there a beta I could try out? I've seen a couple servers on Arma 3 that have ACRE in the title and I wanted to try it out if there is a place to download it.

Can someone post a guide to install this? My group is have quite a few issues in getting it to work, so I would truly appreciate it.

Can someone post a guide to install this? My group is have quite a few issues in getting it to work, so I would truly appreciate it.

How to install ACRE for ArmA 3

Edited by JamieG

JamieG,

The ACRE/JayArmalib/CBA version of your tutorial are working with final release of ARMA 3?

Thanks for your tutorial.