noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Have a client side script that checks for the acre addon. If its present then give the player a radio.

Should be the same as in A2.

if !(isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"acre_main")) exitWith {};

Then just add the radios etc

We are using addaction and additem on the flag pole of a domination:

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

sleep 1;

private ["_unit"];

_unit = _this select 1;

_unit unassignItem "ACRE_PRC343";

_unit addItem "ACRE_PRC148";

this addAction["<t color=#15CC00'>Radio Acre PRC 148</t>", "addradio148.sqf];

I have an issue that I have to restart TS completely to be able to hear anyone again. Reloading plugins isn`t enough and it happens for me with many versions of TS.

Anyone else experience the issues I`m having?

Same problem here. It works 30 minutes and just hangs for many of us on our server.

Restart TS sometime's not enough ... seems that rebooting the whole PC is necessary.

Perhaps an issue with UAC ... or ACRE/TS version

I had originally download ACRE which has @JayArmA3Lib included, but due to computer having to be reformated I lost it, So when I went to download it again, I noticed that @jayArmA2Lib has now replaced @JayArmA3Lib. Does anyone know whether this was supposed to happen and if not, how do we download @JayArmA3Lib.

Where did you download it? Maybe they just changed the folder name.

I downloaded the acre from armaholic website, when I first downloaded a couple of months ago it had JayArmA3Lib, and now it has JayArmA2Lib. it comes up with missing CAweapns.pbo.

That why I am questioning whether or not it supposed to be JayArmA3Lib or JayArmA2Lib.

I think it's supposed to be JayArmA2Lib but I'm not sure as I haven't been following Arma 3 mods developement lately.

Anyway the folder name doesn't matter, look at the pbo names inside, that's the important part.

I doesnt follow the thread so excuse me for doubleposting :/

I still play ArmA 2 with ACRE but i want to use ACRE with ArmA 3 too, is it possible to use it for both ?

Please, please, please can we have the ACRE TS plugin source? I'm wanting to create digital radios (such as these or

) for ACRE to match ArmA's furturistic/modern environment.

Since we already have ACRE's source files for ArmA this will be very easy. However, the only limitation I have is not being able to edit the default beep/squawk of the radio. If we had access to the TS plugin's source files then this will be a somewhat easy task. At the moment my only option is to decompile the acre dll but I fear this will not be possible if it was written in C++.

I can imagine this ability would also be very usefull to the hundreds of people that have complained about the default radio squawk in the past (although I am not one of them). I am more than happy to take on the task of editing the TS plugin and sharing it with others if you are too busy NouberNou.

I know in an earlier post you mentioned that in ACRE2 there will be an easy framework for adding our own radios. Will ACRE2 also include the ability to change the beep/squawk sound?

Jamie

Edited by JamieG

ACRE2 will allow custom squawks (actually technically there is no defined system for when a squawk occurs, its left to the radio developers to implement in a number of events that take place during radio operation). I can not give out the source to the TS plugin though. You'll just have to wait! :)

ACRE2 will allow custom squawks (actually technically there is no defined system for when a squawk occurs, its left to the radio developers to implement in a number of events that take place during radio operation). I can not give out the source to the TS plugin though. You'll just have to wait! :)

You made my day brighter!

When that happens I'll be extracting sounds from here

Those radio sound breaks sound great.

I would like to have a satellite radio that ignores terrain interference.

That's excellent news NouberNou, thanks for your reply! :)

Excellent! Thanks a lot for this, I appreciate it a lot. :)

I know in an earlier post you mentioned that in ACRE2 there will be an easy framework for adding our own radios...

...oh and it gets even better! :D Thank you so much in advance!

How soon will ACRE2 be available.

I don't want to give a time table, but I can tell you where it is at right now (I really should make a new thread for it).

Right now it is focused on A2 still, because I believe that is where a majority of the serious user base will be, even in 12 months, but A3 compatibility is taken into account (the whole system is designed to run on A2, A3, VBS 1.x, and VBS 2.x, and I guess technically on A1, but yea that will never be an officially supported platform, mainly due to lack of Jlib [and I don't think Keg's shit works on it anymore either]).

As of now, the ACRE2 has radios working, though only the 343 has been rewritten, directional voice working (including new voice cones projected from the head of the unit speaking), almost the entire data framework is where it needs to be functionality wise (need to optimize some things, make sure JIP syncing isn't going to be a total lag fest, etc), some fixes/improvements to the spectator system, and generally the plugin for TS (which has been almost entirely rewritten) is functionally complete.

What is missing right now is radio accessories (being able to change the antenna, attach keyfill devices, GPS, etc), vehicle racks, retrans (retrans is now implemented on a mode by mode basis instead of a simple system like in ACRE1, aka single channel retrans works differently than a SINCGARS retrans setup), and a couple other small things I am probably forgetting.

I hopefully will soon have a version out for testing in a very limited capacity to our long time test groups that just has the 343s to make sure performance is not horrible with lots of players. The last couple days I have been focused on optimizing the event data system, which is extremely robust, but a little heavy (I think I have it mostly covered now). This new data system is the core of ACRE2. It gets rid of a lot of the ambiguity of ACRE1 and makes the entire data chain, from each user, to the server entirely auditable. It is standardized and testable, and allows for data recording (for replaying radio events) and data storage (for persistent servers/modes). Not only that, but it is entirely modular and abstracted, in that almost all of it can be swapped out, the network layer, the storage layer, the radio code interfaces, etc with new system to suit more specific situations. It has been roughly 2 years in the making, and I think it is one of the finest pieces of code written in SQF ever (I am so modest haha).

Oh I forgot, it also will technically not need CBA, but CBA is still going to be a default requirement for A2/A3 due to initializing the entire system through a single CBA XEH addon.

Thanks for the update. I really hope we can get our hands on ACRE2 not long after Arma 3 release. :)

I don't want to give a time table, but I can tell you where it is at right now (I really should make a new thread for it).

Right now it is focused on A2 still, because I believe that is where a majority of th...

Sounds like an incredible amount of work has been put into ACRE2 to make it clean and robust for both the end users and those who want to view\edit the code for their own personal usage. The features are very impressive. Bravo!

Looking forward to a public test release (whenever that may be):)

That sounded incredibly intriguing.Much thanks for sharing. :bounce3:

Sounds like alot of work, maybe we should let you get on with it, Thanks for the update.

I think that a good idea, The amount of work you have put in, deserves something in return.

Firstly I have to say I really like where you seem to be taking ACRE (especially if you are still going with what you posted on reddit a while ago about being the DCS of radios), I for one enjoy overly complicated simulations.

My question however is, do you think it will ever be possible to interact with ACRE from outside of ArmA? Like being able to broadcast and receive over the radio from an external system. I ask as I have had a few ideas while playing that would relatively simple to do if only it was possible to interact with the TS plugin without ArmA running.

Keep up the good work, ACRE has caused me to hate playing most other games with voice communication because its become so natural.

Also I just have to ask, were you inspired by CNR by any chance